Online Play - Well done Konami -

Jimmy G-Force

Resident PES Fanman
13 April 2003
Newcastle
Middlesbrough F.C.
Not sure if anybody has noticed this yet, and it something that I know alot of people have mentioned on their wishlist, it seems that Konami have set up a system where Ranked Match points are distributed based on the team that you use, which is brilliant to be fair.

I noticed this last night, I played with Athletico Madrid against a Real Madrid whore. The game ended 4-4 and I received +9 points or +12, I cannot remember which, and my opponent received a -9 or -12 whatever it was.

I remember people saying that they should be some reward for choosing a lesser team and beating a bigger team. Well, it seems Konami have gone one better and even allocated points for the draw, with the points going to the lesser team. I tried it again and drew 2-2 with Barcelona and got the same + points again.

I know people may suffer from online lag, but for me it's pretty much flawless, and this is just an added bonus with regards the team seeding as I now get rewarded for holding the big guns. Which is nice.

Last edited:
I remember people saying that they should be some reward for choosing a lesser team and beating a bigger team.

I do believe I said that somewhere.. anyway, hope what you're saying is indeed the case. I'm not going to lose sleep over online rankings, but at the same time, the system seemed quite flawed, encouraged Barca/Inter/Real bore-fests, etc.

Sounds like an excellent system. I've never had much enjoyment from online (thank you NBA 2k10), let's see if this will change my mind. Clever way of allocating points. I imagine I'll just get lost in ML once again though.

That sounds like a great system, Jimmy. I'm surprised it's taken so long for either PES or Fifa to introduce a system like this. Simple and effective.

I've not played PES2010 online yet but this makes me want to try it.

While that would be good thats not how the system works unfortunately i think. I once played a guy who used barca i used liverpool. The game ended 3-3 and he got +5 while i lost +5. From what i understand it has something to do with your rank for eg if you beat a person in a higher rank than you, you will get more points than you usually get for a win.

From what I can tell I think both are true. Was playing a lot of 2 v 2 with a mate over Xmas and we were getting a lot of points for beating Barca/Real with the 'smaller' teams we picked.

Quick tip on that score; Perhaps Konami haven't heard about Man City's wealth yet as you seem to get a lot of points for beating Barca/Real with City but you're only penalised a few if you lose.

All they have to do is sort that fucking lag out and "potentially" the best game in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOng time!

By far the worst on line game i played in the last 10 years (and i play quite a lot). You press a button and nothing happens for 2 seconds.

And tons of cheaters that log out when they lose without being penalized.
A mod would be very much needed.

Horses for courses I guess. I've experienced minimal lag in the vast majority of games I've played, only noticeable when playing against someone on the other side of the world.

The system is quite exactly the same like it was back in PES09. It depends on following 4 points:

1) Your current points
2) Points of your opponent
3) Your team
4) Team of your opponent

You will get the most points by doing the following:

- Pick a very weak team like Thailand.
- Play somebody who has more points then you.
- Let him pick some team like Brasil.
- Win.

points based only on: score and ranking of yourself and opponent

since when team is affecting the points ? lol

it needs to be proven, like 2 dudes same ranking like 600, one guy takes real the other one sampdoria...
ranked match 1:1
if now the real dude becomes less points THEN its proved

edit @ jimmy:
its playable lagwise...but 90 % of the players just running and shifting the play to the wings, theres nothin u can do just hold possession maybe lol
they destroy the game, its definately not playable even it is technically...

only offline whit kitserver game speed set to 0.96 or less its playable !

Last edited:
points based only on: score and ranking of yourself and opponent

since when team is affecting the points ? lol

it needs to be proven, like 2 dudes same ranking like 600, one guy takes real the other one sampdoria...
ranked match 1:1
if now the real dude becomes less points THEN its proved

:FAIL:

dude, there is nothing to LOL about because it is already proven about a gazillion times...
theres simply nothing more to prove about it.
everybody who played ranked matches with low teams (low like Roda JC, not Genua) vs. barca knows about this. FACT.
try it for yourself if you don't believe me.

:ROCK:

You do lose points when u quit, you just don't see the indication bar thing but when you check your tally u will see that it increased cus i gained a couple points because of this.

too many whores that just sprint with messi/ronaldo..I have 60% + every game in possesion with Juve or Sevilla, totally outplay them, play football. Then I cop two cheap counters where my player inexplicably botches an easy pass only for Henry or some wanker to snatch and run it all the way to goal.

Konami NEEDS TO FIX THIS, reward real football by making the team with 38% of the ball forget how to play football everytime, whores.

:FAIL:

dude, there is nothing to LOL about because it is already proven about a gazillion times...
theres simply nothing more to prove about it.
everybody who played ranked matches with low teams (low like Roda JC, not Genua) vs. barca knows about this. FACT.
try it for yourself if you don't believe me.

:ROCK:

Samp. compared to Real IS low, and u play 90% vs. Real or Barca, so u dont get me...

Give me the information in cold print about your "FACT", just u say so it doesnt proof anything..

Ranking of both players should be always in the consideration, and u cant know how much points u would get if u play the same match again whit a higher team whit the same score.

@the cro

they cant fix it, since when pes rewards the nicely play ?
its the worst online pes in this aspect

Samp. compared to Real IS low, and u play 90% vs. Real or Barca, so u dont get me...

Give me the information in cold print about your "FACT", just u say so it doesnt proof anything..

Ranking of both players should be always in the consideration, and u cant know how much points u would get if u play the same match again whit a higher team whit the same score.

I just had a game with Roda JC Kerkrade vs. some Barca guy. The result was:
Roda JC 1:1 Barcelona.
Before this match I had 573 points. The other guy had 557 points. Result: +11 points for me -> 584 points.

Why don't you try it for yourself if you don't believe me? Choose a team like Roda JC, Sparta Rotterdam, ... and try to get a win vs. some Barca/Real guy. Never tried before?

And how many points did he got ? :p

He was lower ranked so he should get a bit more points for the draw, but if u say lower teams more points u should get quite a bit more than him.

So still it doesnt proof it, u need to say me how much points ur opponent got..

i mainly played 2on2s so i have no idea about it

And how many points did he got ? :p

He was lower ranked so he should get a bit more points for the draw, but if u say lower teams more points u should get quite a bit more than him.

So still it doesnt proof it, u need to say me how much points ur opponent got..

i mainly played 2on2s so i have no idea about it

Looks like if you simply have no clue about the ranking points system in general. The amount of points which is added on the one side, is exactly the same amount which will be substracted on the other side.

So:

Me: + 11 Points
Barca whore: - 11 Points

Proove enough? Got it now? :PRAY:

Why are you even questioning my statements when it's obvious that you have no idea about the topic.

Last edited:
u just havent got any arguments on your side, just sayin its a FACT wasnt enough for me, thats all..

now its clearly

edit:
is it possible that there is a hidden konami team ranking wich shows how much points u get ?
would be nice to know this

Last edited:
:))Hi Guys imo all teams online should be handicapped to the same levels,that way players will be able to represent their own clubs ie Bolton/everton/villareal ect.and then you would not see anymore Barca/madrid wankfests.:FAIL: This totally kills online for me,like if nothing is ever done then konami may as well release about ten teams for online 2011.:YAWN:

I think that online should be divided into 3 levels.

The level you get for a ranked match is random for both players, though both players get the same level.

Level 1: Barca, Real wankfests (top 5 clubs from each league)
Level 2: (Midtable clubs)
Level 3: Relegation and lower clubs

Much better system, would satisfy the barca whores at least a third of the time, and they would have to get used to actually passing the ball..

I definitely agree on a filter. Perhaps the geniuses at KONAMI can devise a way to analyze playing style and secretly defer all sprint whores into their own separate universe. Meanwhile those of us who actually want to play PES the way it's meant to be played can all be paired with each other, because I think someone who plays a team like Everton or Villa should still stand a chance against the big four, as it is in real life.

Back
Top Bottom