Offside on PES 2011 and PES 2012

Bullstein

Conference
18 May 2011
The offside decisions are a disgrace on PES 2011, drives me nuts

If the striker is level - you are called offside

If your striker is onside but your SS is offside miles away and nit interfering with play, (even if he steps back inside) - offside

It really is poor, I couldn't begin to count the amount of times I have been called offside wrongly or my opponent has been called offside wrongly. I hope PES 2012 sorts this

Ps

Another MAJOR bug bear of mine is the advantage rule, eg my opponent can be hammering down my defence, and might, say, get offside or foul me, I'm in full flow on the counter into acres of space and the ref brings play back for the offside or foul instead of playing the advantage

Crazy, but here's hoping for better things

It's true that the advantage rule has been all sorts of wrong for a good while now, but I can't agree on the offside calling. Apart from a few blatant offsides not called at all, which happens in real life as well, I haven't found a reason to complain. Keep in mind that only the arms of a player are allowed to be offside, so if the cpu catches only your strikers nose offside, it will likely call it.

I just wish they would code wrong offside decisions into the game for added realism. They shouldnt be calling an inch offside decision correct everytime, I would prefer a little controversy from time to time.

that would be cool IF there was commentary on it, otherwise we wouldn't know if it was intentional programming or a bug

I just wish they would code wrong offside decisions into the game for added realism. They shouldnt be calling an inch offside decision correct everytime, I would prefer a little controversy from time to time.

I guess it is there but very rarely happen. I saw it two days ago when my friend scored against me. Also found an occassion when my player in straight line with a defender, offside was called. :)) I'd love to see this "error" stays there.

According to one of the Konami press releases if I remember correctly, they did this year.

According to one of the Konami press releases if I remember correctly, they did this year.

I've definitely had one or two goals where I've been offside and it hasn't been called up. I checked the replays and could not figure out why it wasn't given (not that I was complaining).

As for the OP, I can't agree, I've not had a situation where a player whose not interfering with play has been blown offside. And usually when I'm level I don't get called offside.

My main offside gripe is how the computer wants to always pass to the player who is offside, even if you try to pass to somebody else, it automatically passes it the offside player and your attack breaks down. But this has been a problem for years I think.

what bugs me alot of the time is i might be on a quick breakaway have got a two against one situation or three against two but the player who is free will always run offside when he could just hold the line the number of times it has done this i play as spurs by the way.
yet an opponent who was barca had the same situation against me but messi held is positon so as not to go offside.
Defoe Van Der Vaart etc. are complete puddings in my opinion its so damn fustrating its not as tho the defender steps up to catch them offside they just run offside. But ask them to steam into the box when i am attacking down the wings and they cant be arsed!!!!

My main offside gripe is how the computer wants to always pass to the player who is offside, even if you try to pass to somebody else, it automatically passes it the offside player and your attack breaks down. But this has been a problem for years I think.

I thought this only happened to me, or it was my imagination. It doesn't always happen to me as you say it happens to you but i saw this a lot in PES2011

There are definitely a few odd offside decisions in PES2011 but on the whole I'd say that they aren't too bad. It can be anooying when your striker has his large toenail ahead of the defender, admittedly, but it isn't a massive problem.

The whole of your team randomly standing offside whilst you have no options, however, is.

Back
Top Bottom