Next to come / games to discover

vialli82

International
4 September 2005
Juventus
I didn't saw that kind of thread showing some games that doesn't "deserves" a full thread.
So here it's a recensement of games you saw here and there, indie or upcoming.
I've been inspired by another forum thread and you can found plenty of good stuffs no one here are talking about.
I posted simple games, or looking like indie but it's NOT the purpose of the thread : you can post future AAA games upcoming, it's just that i didn't founded some with gameplay or teaser from the moment i've made this thread.
So, post every upcoming games, from any kind, it doesn't matter at all šŸ‘šŸ‘

I'll start with 2D games more indies (except one) but good, one Run'n'gun, another Action-plateform, and a simple but effective plafeformer...
Also a sequel from an outsanding game who didn't get a big sucess in 1992 when he was out on NEO GEO, be became "cult" with tons of competitions...

I'll will start with it then >

Windjammers 2 : Not it's not cancelled from the current news we got, they just keeped silence about it until now.
It was censed be out on 2018-2019 only on switch and steam, but developers have decided to take a bit more time to work on it, and now, will be available on every console (PS4 XBOX too then) which is a great thing. For that kind of game, i really hope it will be cross-plateform. And it's cool to play against CPU to train yourself... But WAY better against human.

Getsufumaden
Now a... Konami game, weird i thinked they completely abandoned all type of games... But that one is looking outstanding in 2.5D. A bit of Okami "paiting" design, but it's much more brutal:
It's a bit considered as a Dead Cells like, i never really played it so... Looks stunning, out on every port i think.
I posted the Jap version as the others are test etc. Here you only got presentation and gameplay. That one of my first "on the list" upcoming games

Naser, Son of Man
Now, the run'n'gun with a bit of adventure probably on it. the Artistic design looks pretty cool, more 2D than 2.5D, but it's badass.
The scenario seems interesting too, he's linked with Sherlock Holmes and Queen Elizabeth Zero from the "Sherlock" books.
Also, pretty rare to got an atmosphere based on Enlgand/Uk from that time. It's well reproduced.

Garlic
That game is out on steam arleady but probably unknown. Very 8 bit in the appearence but probably the most maniable hero in a game i've ever seen, and no one talked about it:
It's a longplay video and there was trailer and perhaps one or two others vids, no more.
Animations are pretty cool, dash system seems super fun, there's no vids and it's released on steam for a very small price.
I hope for the programmer that the game will got the success he deserves. I'm not a big fan of Pixel art without scanlines or filters, but that one looks pretty cool and a bit "parodic".

That's all. Otherwhise, you should know there will be a remaster of ALL GTA titles.
I'm not too much about GTA, but i kinda like the III and Vice City at the time.

Last edited:
Yeah. It was only for Switch and Steam, i was disappointed (i saw the vid one year and half ago) as no PS4, and i don't like to play on PC (Monitor too small, i got to put the HDMI on the TV i got my PS4 on for editing... 81 cm, enough for the piece i'm working on)
My PS5 is on my big living living room with a big TV, impossible to put a computer on it so... And whatever, i prefers playing console for tons of reasons (TV size, being "at ease" on my living room etc.Ā°, i like mods but i can make without completely. Even PES6 on my PC with just an option file is enough, what count to me is database. About some patchs, i found some man made face horrible, with a joker smile. There's no stuff like that in "original season" versions, that's my favorite patch (also i prefers 5 and 6 season and players so)

So i'm pretty happy they will release it on every support. I hope cross gen, for that game there's no problem.

Now they changed their mind and it will be available for every console, was super happy to heard that, as it's my top 16 bits games with Iss Deluxe, And Final Set Tennis (but also ATP tour on megadrive : without assistance that game is a killer)

Same guys are doing the gameplay 20 years, more players selectable and the same system of speed vs strength balanced (thanks god they didn't changed)
But they've added some moves i think, so they're working a lot on the balance. The guys who created that game were genius.
One of the older game which still on competition/Esport, even older than KOF and SF2.

Last edited:
Getsufumaden looks awesome, I love platformers! In an era of 3D games, these style of games are always welcome. The world looks really interesting too, with cool monsters and very nice artwork.

Plus I've always loved Asian mythology and monsters. There is definitely a shortage of games with those type of medieval Asian worlds! :TU:

Last edited:
I was also super impressed by that game, almost Wu Kong level but in 2D.

Artistical Direction is superb, perhaps the most beautiful 2.5D game i saw since it exist no joke. And not technically : but the choice of design is outstanding, and also gameplay looks killer.

Naser, if you liked kind of Metal Slug Gameplay... A bit more serious but it looks pretty cool and "let off steam", shooting on everything with plenty of explosion etc. i love that feeling.

Back
Top Bottom