Mystify Soccer - League Takeover

Flipper the Priest

International
15 July 2003
Scotland
Not sure if anyone here has heard of or plays Mystify Soccer (mystify.co.uk)?

It's a free online football management game. A bit like a massive CM/FM network game that's been going on for about 23 years with hardly any publicity! It looks basic but is actually bloody immersive.

I've just taken a gig in Germany: 3. Liga. Currently, 13 of the 16 teams in that league don't have managers. What I propose here is that evo-webbers apply for jobs in that league and we slug it out.

Check it out (especially the info section), sign up if you want, or do nothing - just an idea.

I'll stress that I have nothing to do with the game. I'm just a fan, and I reckon others on here would like it too.

How does the system work? Is it a game played every week or...
Sounds like fun!

No english teams left :((

Yeah English teams will naturally be the most popular anyway, and others may have gravitated towards it as it has the most human managers. The more managers in a league the better, I'd reckon, hence why I think we should all jump into Germany: 3. Liga!

How does the system work? Is it a game played every week or...
Sounds like fun!

You set up your team (lineup, formation, tactics, proposed changes over the course of the 90 minutes) and then games are simulated on a Friday, 5pm or thereabouts.

In between games you've got training, transfers and finances to juggle!

That's me set up for my first game in my new gig. A squad of only 16 players, including three left backs and no right backs. Handy(!) Forced into 3-5-2 and I'm a staunch 4-4-2 man.

Now's a good time for getting on board/applying for jobs - it's likely your application will be accepted well before next week's fixtures and you'll have a chance to assess your squad beforehand.

EDIT: Nailed it.

DELETE.png

Pepper, a Leon Shown yellow card - the tabloids will have a field day.

How to see a few evo-webbers in action next week!

Last edited:
@Flipper the Priest Nice start. Seriously thinking about going for it, will certainly join 3. Liga if so. How much time do you need to set aside a week - 30 mins?

Those tabloid headlines will be up there with the famous Super Cali go ballistic, Celtic were atrocious one.

If that, @mattmid. This week will be zero minutes for me, unless I get any training injuries.

Much like any football management game, though, you could end up down rabbit holes!

First few logins you'll spend a bit longer to get a feel of it but the weekly upkeep isn't much. Website is pretty responsive too so it's easy to keep up to date on the go.

Super Caley... I've had a few interesting conversations with the Inverness players and coaches involved that night!

Remembered this after months and having realised I'm bottom of the league I'm being spurred into action.

Following teams still available in the league if anyone wants to join me!:
  • Rostock
  • Unterhaching
  • Darmstadt
  • Dresden
  • Gladbach
  • FĆ¼rth
  • Jena
https://www.mystify.co.uk/play-the-game

In a nutshell, this is a (free) blend of fantasy football and Champ Man with real teams but fake players, and you're up against other human managers.

It could be utterly amazing if more people played it, as that would make the transfer market more active.

Back
Top Bottom