My two cents

vondave

Stretford End
9 August 2005
I have been a huge pro evo fan ith owning all the PES series on the PS2, alot of Winning Elevens, and even ISS 98 before that. Hadn't touched Fifa for nearly 10 years

I wanted a football game for the 360, so bought Fifa on launch. I actually enjoy it and it is a good game. Really impressed with how they've done it.

Naturally I dont have a particular side, or a fanboy for either, I am loyal to PES but not blindingly loyal if there is a better football game on the market.

Got the new PES 2008 for the PS3 last night, installed to HDD to make it run better (Not got any issue at all with slowdown, bar replays- not played online though). All I can say is they have seriously spoilt it if a few games and first impressions are to go by. I know a few of the PES series required a good two weeks of early frustration before you loved them, but with this it is just too bloody quick. No time to think about anything, and its like the players are on ice.

Or its ice-hockey without the sticks.

I dont care about all the nuts and bolts, can cope without licenses etc, but if it carries on without the all important gameplay aspect picking up, then categorically FIFA will be the better of the two titles this year.

Just my two pennies worth like, I want to love it, just am struggling to overlook the glaring flaws

Back
Top Bottom