My off-line lag has completely gone

ZiqXx

Non-League
11 August 2005
First of all, I never used to have much lag in the first place.

Used a HDMI cable from the start and when in 1080p it was unplayable, changed it to 720p and it worked greatly. But every now and then I used to see lag, mostly when there were a lot of players on the screen, corners, free-kicks, slow build ups...

Then last night I was playing around and hooked the Component cable into the PS3 and only used the Audio(Red/White) cable to hook to my surround system and changed the System settings to output my audio to the scart outlet and only send the video out to the HDMI plug and the game plays so smoothly now you wouldn't believe it. Even Bernabeau is fine. It's brilliant. \\:o/

Just wanted to share this in hope it could make someone else's PES experience as enjoyable as mine is NOW.

I went out and bought Pes2008 today for £24.99 from gamestation and was expecting lag issues, but to my surprise i dont get any at all offline.

I also play in 720p via a gold plated HDMI cable to my 32" Toshiba Regza.

Very plesantly surprised indeed

No still the same on my 40" Sony Bravia Full-HD. still got the lags in the game. Play with an gold plated hdmi cable with game installed on the hdd.

Cheers

No still the same on my 40" Sony Bravia Full-HD. still got the lags in the game. Play with an gold plated hdmi cable with game installed on the hdd.

Cheers

same problem here with my sony 40" sony full hd + gold plated 1.3 hdmi cable...

i think that maybe sony hdtv got problem playing pes2008/we2008..

if it is, i demand a patch or fw from sony to fix my bravia :p

anyone with a sony bravia full hd have the same problem like mine and djpelle?

No its not just common to Sony, this also affects Panasonic Plasma.

ZiqXx - one question from me.

> Is the performance the same if the settings are reverted? i.e. remove the componant cable and use HDMI again?

You cant change the resolution of ps3 games. The main display setting may say 1080p but if you play a 720p game, like pes2008, the console will automatically change the resolution to 720p. Changing the resolution under display setting will make no difference at all.

Used a HDMI cable from the start and when in 1080p it was unplayable, changed it to 720p and it worked greatly. But every now and then I used to see lag, mostly when there were a lot of players on the screen, corners, free-kicks, slow build ups...

Then last night I was playing around and hooked the Component cable into the PS3 and only used the Audio(Red/White) cable to hook to my surround system and changed the System settings to output my audio to the scart outlet and only send the video out to the HDMI plug and the game plays so smoothly now you wouldn't believe it. Even Bernabeau is fine. It's brilliant. \\:o/

Just wanted to share this in hope it could make someone else's PES experience as enjoyable as mine is NOW.

Thanks for the tip Z.

Maybe sending the audio out via a different outlet somehow eases the load on the processor that normally deals with both video and audio?

Who knows? :)

In fact, who cares about the theory - if it works then great! :mrgreen:

Gonna give it a try.

Thanks for the tip Z.

Maybe sending the audio out via a different outlet somehow eases the load on the processor that normally deals with both video and audio?

My audio is via the optical out and i have lag issues. Maybe this isn't so on componant cable but i am not prepared to pay £30 for a cable to fix buggy software. That's why i asked if the audio was put back to HDMI did the lag return?

i am still getting lag issues! its a disgrace that all these extremes have to be taken so that we can actually play the game the way it was intended!

i have a sony bravia but i experience no lag in gameplay only in replays.

You cant change the resolution of ps3 games. The main display setting may say 1080p but if you play a 720p game, like pes2008, the console will automatically change the resolution to 720p. Changing the resolution under display setting will make no difference at all.

yeah but you can manually tell the ps3 system what resolutions you want therefore can have it displaying only 1080p if you wanted then everything is upscaled to that if it is not 1080p.

When i try this out, there is not sound once i choose output audio to the scart outlet.

HDMI is the only way im getting sound!

Back
Top Bottom