MotoGP 2009 > 26/04 GP of Japan

*aLe

World Cup Winner
30 August 2005
Lombardia
NOT Lombardia NA.
I haven't found any MotoGP related thread so I think I'd better start one.. Anyone follows MotoGP?

This is going to be a nice season to watch I think.. Rossi is always Rossi, but Stoner will be back trying to get the title back from 'the Doctor'..

Anyway, here's the list of the riders and the calendar..

RIDERS:
3 Pedrosa (ESP - Honda)
4 Dovizioso (ITA - Honda)
5 Edwards (USA - Yamaha)
7 Vermeulen (AUS - Suzuki)
14 De Puniet (FRA - Honda)
15 De Angelis (RSM - Honda)
24 Elias (ESP - Honda)
27 Stoner (AUS - Ducati)
33 Melandri (ITA - Kawasaki)
36 Kallio (FIN - Ducati)
46 Rossi (ITA - Yamaha) current champion
52 Toseland (GBR - Yamaha)
59 Gibernau (ESP - Ducati)
65 Capirossi (ITA - Suzuki)
69 Hayden (USA - Ducati)
72 Takahashi (JPN - Honda)
88 Canepa (ITA - Ducati)
99 Lorenzo (ESP - Yamaha)

CALENDAR:
12.04 Losail (GP of Qatar) > Stoner, Rossi, Lorenzo
26.04 Motegi (GP of Japan) > Lorenzo, Rossi, Pedrosa
03.05 Jerez (GP of Spain)
17.05 Le Mans (GP of France)
31.05 Mugello (GP of Italy)
14.06 Barcellona (GP of Catalunya)
27.06 Assen (GP of Netherlands) raceday will be Saturday
05.07 Laguna Seca (GP of the USA)
19.07 Sachsenring (GP of Germany)
26.07 Donington (GP of Great Britain)
16.08 Brno (GP of Czech Republic)
30.08 Indianapolis (GP of Indianapolis)
06.09 Misano (GP of San Marino & Riviera of Rimini)
04.10 Estoril (GP of Portugal)
18.10 Phillip Island (GP of Australia)
25.10 Sepang (GP of Malaysia)
08.11 Valencia (GP of the Valencian Community)

So, let's go..

MON THE DOCTOR!!
n497307rossi2original.jpg

Last edited:
Re: MotoGP 2009 > 12/04 GP of Qatar

Moto GP - I. LOVE. IT!!!!!!ALways a much better spectacle than Formula One and far less predictable. Cannot wait for the season to start. Just wish I could make it to Motegi on the 26th!

I used to be a fan of Superbike when there was 'King' Carl Fogarty and of the ETCC when there were Giovanardi and Tarquini, but at the moment the only motor sport that I "really" follow is MotoGP..

As you said, F1 can't provide the same amount of spectacle that MotoGP provides, even if the last season got me wanting to hit someone for the anger to see Massa lose the championship at the very last turn..
But well, it's nothing compared to what I felt for example during the 2006 MotoGP season.. Rossi retiring twice in two of the first races of the season, being behind for all the season then getting on top of the table to just crash and lose the championship at the last race.. I was really about to cry, that day..

I hope I can make it to Santa Monica (Misano) for the San Marino round, too.. I never managed to see a MotoGP race there unfortunately, even if it's my favourite track..
When I had the chance to race there in 2007 (even if it was just with a kart and, of course, not in the "main" course but in the karting one) I was happy like a child, it was just a dream coming true.. So I'd really like to be there again, this time maybe seeing the MotoGP event..

Yeah cant wait for Moto GP again nice to see Gibernau back and its shame green machine is only one man ride now.

Have to agree find F1 boring to many laps for me just dosnt have enough excitement as Moto GP the battles last season Rossi vs Stoner especially Laguna Secs was immense.

Shame BBC stolen coverage though going to miss Eurosport and commentators. :(

The better way to follow a MotoGP race is by Italian TV though..
Guido Meda, the official MotoGP commentator for Italia 1 (the channel that usually broadcasts MotoGP in Italy) really adds something to the race..

His shouts "Rossi c'è" (Rossi's there) and "tutti in piedi sul divano" (everyone stand up on the sofa) have become some kind of trade marks.. Especially when he starts shouting "Rossi c'è" 3 turns before the finish line and keeps on in a loop until Rossi crosses the line..
Too bad that quite half of the race has to be seen in a small picture-in-picture frame during commercials..

Well, there's also Mediaset Premium that upon the payment of a fee provides extended live coverage through all the weekend without any kind of commercial, but it lacks Guido Meda so it's not worth paying for XD

I was so looking forward to this.. It's been a disappointment to see such a storm that prevented them to race.. Well, let's see what happens tonight ;)

If I were Stoner I'd watch out also for Dovizioso, because thr guy has talent.. Despite not having the best ride of all (Honda used to be top notch when there were the 990s but when it comes to 800s, well, :COAT:) he is surely about to get some championship points, and maybe even a podium..

Anyway.. MON THE DOCTOR!!

I just managed to see a small part of the race.. Unfortunately I was having dinner at restaurant and there was no TV in the pavilion..
I tried a couple of times to rush to the entrance where the TV was and then back to the pavilion, but of course it hasn't been like watching all the race..

A result like this was somehow predictable, and unfortunately it's exactly what happened. The guys here in Borgo Panigale managed to get the bike tailored to Stoner's needs once again, no way..
When Stoner is racing at full potential, only Rossi can hope to stay behind him and not to lose too much..
When Stoner is not racing at his best, only Rossi can try to pass him..

It's going to be a tight championship :BOP:

Just watched Japan Moto GP - Pedrosa rode fantastically considering his recent fitness and bike prep - good win by Lorenzo. Looks like it's going to be an exciting 4 way championship!

Yes, it's gonna be class.
I got up at 7:45 AM to see it live, and I must admit it's been worth. Too bad Rossi committed some kind of error that delivered the race in Lorenzo's hands, but at least he's just a point behind in the championship, and ahead of Stoner (whici still is the most dangerous opponent)..
Nice performance by Dovizioso too, he isn't used to fight with the leaders yet, but I think that by the end of the season he'll be at least as fast as the Pedrosa we saw in Japan.

What a doctor..
What. A. DOCTOR.

Great performance by Rossi, with some wonderful overtakes.. He passed Lorenzo, he passed Stoner *TWICE*, he passed Pedrosa though he didn't seem able to, during the first half of the race..

Pedrosa seems back where he is supposed to be, let's see if it lasts.

Nice performance also by Stoner, he got a big result in a track that absolutely he doesn't feel "his", and by Dovizioso.
Despite having made an awful mistake that costed him a lot of positions, Dovi managed to realize a grat comeback and to obtain some precious points.. I'm still waiting for his first podium anyway because I know he can do it ;)

Nice to see also Melandri and Randy de Puniet in notable positions, they both have talent (and it looks like RdP isn't crashing much anymore, good news)

I feel for Hayden and Lorenzo though. The "Kentucky kid" looks like he can't manage his bike.. Lorenzo just pushed too much and it wasn't the case with those worn tyres..

Damn! I just watched last weeks Catalunya race and if that wasn't the best last lap ever I'll be very surprised. Great stuff from both Lorenzo and Rossi with the veterans experience pulling him through by the skin of his teeth. The championship is nicely tied up with Lorenzo, Rossi and Stoner all on 106 points.. I cannot wait for Assen next Saturday!

Back
Top Bottom