Most ridiculous thing you've done for a game / new console etc ?

Almost every year for PES I ring around the local indie shops for early drop. There's one in Brixton which never lets me down. As a kid I used to hit town every day for 2 weeks before release just in case, would often get it early. I'm 32 and still try my luck 😂. In fact, we used to do this for a month in case someone had demo discs, what a time.

Recently i had a serious operation going to get a ps5. I could have bagged a disc version day 1 but only wanted digital which proved so hard to get with such limited stock and everyone forcing bundles. In the end I had a YouTube stream on my laptop every day which played a sound as soon as stock dropped with the link, I already had every tab open on the links with the digital version ready to go 😂. Paid off though and managed to bag one, even if I was being stubborn and refused to buy a disc version several times before finally landing the digital.

Got the the point I was telling my team at work to listen out for the sound and even had to unblock all the sites on our work proxy (I work in IT) hahaha.

On similar lines I remember old school PES and creating team emblems pixell by pixel for each big league. It took DAYS.

Back
Top Bottom