Mobile Games [iOS/Android]

All the 3 "main" mobile footy games, seem decent enough, if you can get away with the touch screen controls and the lack of content.

Speaking of FIFA, PES mobile, and Dream League Soccer.

For me it is impossible to get past the touch controls,so they're unplayable for me.
Same, and I'm not going to use a physical controller to play on a tiny screen.

I don't think any mobile football game has ever beaten New Star Soccer or their management-based follow-up, New Star Manager. They suit a phone so perfectly, in that the matches are very short, and the touch-screen controls are well implemented.

(Plus there's Football Manager, which is fantastic, but you don't actually play the games.)

I don't think any mobile football game has ever beaten New Star Soccer or their management-based follow-up, New Star Manager. They suit a phone so perfectly, in that the matches are very short, and the touch-screen controls are well implemented.

(Plus there's Football Manager, which is fantastic, but you don't actually play the games.)

Agree. And if you're into American Football, check Retro Bowl from New Star Games as well.

I ended up downloading PES 21 a couple days ago, it's quite good which kinda surprised me. Decent animations, competent AI (didn't expect competent defense/midfield) and quite fun. Sure, knowing how eFootball is developing I wouldn't want cross-platform games against console or PC players but I find it an enjoyable mobile game, although I'm not sure how much I will continue playing without proper teams instead of being myClub-centric.

All the 3 "main" mobile footy games, seem decent enough, if you can get away with the touch screen controls and the lack of content.

Speaking of FIFA, PES mobile, and Dream League Soccer.

For me it is impossible to get past the touch controls,so they're unplayable for me.

Thanks, I'll try the other two whenever I get bored by PES so I can keep it fresh.
It hasn't been easy but I'm getting used to the touch controls, sometimes I miss the input I want to do (like switching and running) but it isn't as bad as I would've thought.

New Star Soccer is great. I finished a career like half a year ago which I played almost non-stop. Quite addictive game to play in spare time, in particular during working breaks or being on a bus.

Haven't tried Football Manager on mobile but I think I couldn't get used to it, I feel that it's something that needs to be played on a bigger screen with all the information that it has.

Agree. And if you're into American Football, check Retro Bowl from New Star Games as well.

Retro Bowl is simple but fantastic, they nailed the Tecmo Bowl feel. Played it for a while but got frustrated after a couple disappointing seasons, gave up too many interceptions whenever I was losing.

Hoop League is an interesting game is anyone is into basketball. It isn't a traditional game but it's quite fun if one is into that kind of game.

I ended up downloading PES 21 a couple days ago, it's quite good which kinda surprised me. Decent animations, competent AI (didn't expect competent defense/midfield) and quite fun. Sure, knowing how eFootball is developing I wouldn't want cross-platform games against console or PC players but I find it an enjoyable mobile game, although I'm not sure how much I will continue playing without proper teams instead of being myClub-centric.

Thanks, I'll try the other two whenever I get bored by PES so I can keep it fresh.
It hasn't been easy but I'm getting used to the touch controls, sometimes I miss the input I want to do (like switching and running) but it isn't as bad as I would've thought.

New Star Soccer is great. I finished a career like half a year ago which I played almost non-stop. Quite addictive game to play in spare time, in particular during working breaks or being on a bus.

Haven't tried Football Manager on mobile but I think I couldn't get used to it, I feel that it's something that needs to be played on a bigger screen with all the information that it has.

Retro Bowl is simple but fantastic, they nailed the Tecmo Bowl feel. Played it for a while but got frustrated after a couple disappointing seasons, gave up too many interceptions whenever I was losing.

Hoop League is an interesting game is anyone is into basketball. It isn't a traditional game but it's quite fun if one is into that kind of game.
As for FIFA I can't recall, as last time i played it mobile, was 2015, it is FuT-centric too for sure. And you must get past some annoying tutorials, so it needs time until you are ready to play.

PES mobile has some type of vsCOM events, don't remember if it has a ladder, but it is more than exhibition, weekly campaign event, something like this.. And the description was tricky.

Last edited:
I play this game alot back in late 2000 in my java phone. Back then it was named Ancient Empires 2. It's very good game and one of my fav, idk how many hours i played this game with friends (good times).

A fan remake this game for Android

Ancient Empires Reloaded

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.toyknight.aeii.android

No ads, no stupid payment, offline. I think the biggest difference between the java and android version is in android version there's no battle animation.

The android version is pretty much better in some area. AI is really hard and i mean real hard, play campaign first and you'll know what i mean šŸ˜

Supprt online multiplayer though i never try it and many new units compare to java version.

Try it if you like old school turn based strategy game. It's really good game !

I don't know if this has ever been posted here before, and I never thought I'd be saying this - but there's actually a proper and quite good game on mobile for once, and it seems to have been out for about 3 years. I never expected to have a mobile game (OFFLINE!) in which you can do so much. There's also a multiplayer mode where you can play with Randoms or with your friends in a room sort of thing, haven't tried it yet.
It's Payback 2

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.apex_designs.payback2&hl=en&gl=US

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/payback-2/id570426586

It's on both iOS and Android
Give it a go imo

Back
Top Bottom