ML thread for a ML novice

bramley

League 2
20 October 2007
asked in a few threads but thought id get your personl tips

im talking like ive never used this mode

so what would you do first? is it big teams you pick from? real or fake players?

do you start with cash?

im used to footy manager so i no about wheeling a dealing lol

can i leave a team?

and whats online ml? i assume you take your built team to take on the world

sorry for the stupid questions but i think i really shuld give this feature a go in the game

anything else you can add would be great

I have not played ML since it got revamped last year, but from what I know about the old style I can say...

so what would you do first? is it big teams you pick from? real or fake players?

You can pick any team in the game, I always make Bristol Rovers or Bristol City and play with them and use the default ML players.

do you start with cash?
Very little, about enough to keep you going past 1 season if you win a couple of games. I always cut my squad down and try and trade my higher earners for lower ones who are better players or sell them.

can i leave a team?
No, every ML manager is Fergie.

and whats online ml? i assume you take your built team to take on the world
I never played it but from what I understand this has nothing to do with your offline ML team. You start with the default ML team for online play, play games for cash and buy in new players, the players do not develop.

No and frankly there are terrible, Some of them do develop into decent players though but it takes a few seasons.
I always really struggle playing on top player at the start. I concentrate on making the team hard to beat to begin with, often I play a 4-5-1 which scores little but concedes less often, lots of nil, nil draws or 1 nils. And then as time goes on and I get a few cup wins via penalties I can buy better players to play at the point of the formation. It usually takes me 4 or 5 season to get promoted but by then my team is pretty handy and I can get into Europe after my first Premier season.

It can be a bit grinding for the first few seasons but it is definately worth sticking with, its great when you finally wun a big trophy or when you get your first Champions League game, especially now that its licensed.

Last edited:
sorry to bump this

cant wait to get inline at asda on thursday

ml is this online were you play each other and compete for players

or could we have the same players?

or am i getting totally confused:COAT:

in master league you can choose any team (no libertadores teams btw), and play with real players (current players of each club) or fake players (they are all the same, no matter which team you choose).

in online mode, you can choose any team (the same as above), but you start with fake players (everyone starts with the same players).

You guys invest in your youth team and sign players from there? I got a 92 rated forward after my first season! I think because my coach has a 5 in the 'spotting talent' ability.

Be it a bug or not, if you start with Chelsea you begin with cca. 250 mil. € budget. Quite enough to upgrade everything to the max.

Back
Top Bottom