Master's League.

mmeny

Premiership League
15 October 2004
Minneapolis
Arsenal FC
Hello folks,

I am used to seeing master's league thread as a sticky. Does that mean no one is playing it this year. Everyone seems to be interested only on BAL.

Oh well i am having with mine. I must say i like the lil cut scene, new negotiation system, scouting and also the 20 league format finally.

Yes but D2 used to have 20 teams in 2008 and now its cut to 14 i think. This game has good potential only if they get rid of the cheating and scripting. Sometimes you feel that whatever you do or buttons you press it just plays on its own.

I think Seabass likes to play God. He replaced Artificial Intelligence with Artificial Destiny.

Yes but D2 used to have 20 teams in 2008 and now its cut to 14 i think. This game has good potential only if they get rid of the cheating and scripting. Sometimes you feel that whatever you do or buttons you press it just plays on its own.

I think Seabass likes to play God. He replaced Artificial Intelligence with Artificial Destiny.

Really !! I never played pes 2008 so i didn't know that. I feel you about the scripted aspect of the game. Sometimes you press a button and the player doesn't respond.

The game does have alot of potentials but i am enjoying the current master's league as it is.

Oh well something tells me they will get it right in the next series. Maybe i am just been optimistic.

Hmmmm, so there's no ML thread?

I think it's really good. I've edited WE Utd and made them FC Rodos (Greek Team).

Started off with the likes of Sutto, Chigrat and Bonaerm.

Created some players including a old favourite from Iran team - Pashazadeh. I bought the 4 created players, Guerron and Mudinyaga.

However went out in the 1st round of the cup to Genoa and finished 5th in the league.

Have now managed to bring in a load of players:- Blazek, Piatti, Lazaros, Sussara (think that's the spelling), Mphela, Greco and a few 'newcomers' Jovanovic (CF) and a goalie and defender that there names escape me.

Started off well with 7 points out of 9 and a first leg win over Basel 2-1at home.

FD

The scripted gameplay is starting to get on my nerves. I've played on Top Player and experienced the worst of it, then dropped down to Professional and it got worse.

Should we all just go back to easy or normal? Anyone have any experience on normal?

It adds to the fun, although I do give it verbals.

Team is 3rd in the league behind Willem II and Herenveen.

Not sure if I'll be able to add to the team in the mid-season window, but think I have enough to go for the league (3 pts behind top).

Got a good 3-0 away win in the 1st leg of the QF of D2 Cup.

Greco is doing well for me in goal returns.

FD

Yeah the cheap AI...annoying but you the best way I feel is that within the first 15 mins of playing you should know what kind of 'match' it's going to be and that should decide whether or not you play normal attacking football or grinding out crap football if you want to get good results...

indeed, it may feel scripted at times. but thats just the frustration such an excellent football game in real life or not gives.

I'm playing it.. that's really all I do play in PES.

I made my own custom team (NTAC UNITED) and using the default ML players (I think its the best challenge).

Playing on hardest setting for gameplay and ML with 10 min matches.

Also I'm not allowing myself to do Transfer Loans since I feel that it makes it too easy... also there is a bug where a player will accept any amount on transfer loan. I can get Kaka for 1 point if I want, its pretty lame.

Anyway, the only part of game play that really frustrates me is when sometimes players don't respond to one time shots... like the ball is loose in the box and I run on to it and press square and nothing happens... very irritating.

Aside from that the game is fun and its very hard, at least with the default ML players. I just started over after messing around and checking out the new negotiations system... so now I'm on game 2. I tied my first game 1-1 and lost my first cup game 1-0, which sucks cause it was a home game...

I think this time when I reach the transfer window I will do whatever I can to get a decent goalie. I don't think there is a good one in the new commers pool or the "no team" pool so I'm probably going to have to bite the bullet and fork over a transfer fee... hopefully I can keep it to 2000 or less.

But yeah, I think its fun, and I look forward to the challenge.

It really is one hell of a challenge using original ML players the only player that is any good, that is Ruskin. He is one hard core defender!!!

I love the Negotiations this year, i'm in my third year now, just been promoted, and i'm yet to 'buy' a player, only got players who were out of contract, or were newcomers. I've got some amazing bargains and all my players are between 17 - 21. Have a great future to look forward to as most of the players are well above average players already.

It really is one hell of a challenge using original ML players the only player that is any good, that is Ruskin. He is one hard core defender!!!

I love the Negotiations this year, i'm in my third year now, just been promoted, and i'm yet to 'buy' a player, only got players who were out of contract, or were newcomers. I've got some amazing bargains and all my players are between 17 - 21. Have a great future to look forward to as most of the players are well above average players already.

Yep, I'm basically only going to try and buy from the two pools that don't require transfer fees.

Ruskin is nice, but I also like Jaric.. or wahtever he's name is... he is by far the best FK taker on the team.

I'm u sing the hardest ML setting as well, but maybe I'm making things too difficult on myself by doing that.. not sure. what are you using?

Yep, I'm basically only going to try and buy from the two pools that don't require transfer fees.

Ruskin is nice, but I also like Jaric.. or wahtever he's name is... he is by far the best FK taker on the team.

I'm u sing the hardest ML setting as well, but maybe I'm making things too difficult on myself by doing that.. not sure. what are you using?

Im using regular at the moment. i tend to use regular and then up it to proffessional after a couple of years, otherwise its just to hard and i get no where. Oh yea Jaric, he is a fantastic tackler as well, that is if he can get anywhere near the ball to tackle, he aint the fastest in the world...

I've reset my game to start over and try and get proper teams, kits etc. So uploading a option file at the mo.

However will restart with Rodos again.

I'm going to make 4 superleagues with a host of top European teams from all the various countries. My previous one I had, I played with Division D with weaker European teams and not the top teams, so I'm gonna spread it out a bit better so there's similar strength in all leagues.

FD

hi does anyone know how to put the pro evolution soccer 9 option file into the xbox 360?

I've got the option file for ps3 and will that work the same as in the xbox 360.

Sorry not sure.

Started my game over. Jeez, I'm doing awful.

Playing on top player level and it's showing with the Default team.

Bottom of the league, only 1 win (my first game) and 3 draws. 8 defeats. Out to Bolton in 1st round of cup.

Finding it hard to buy players and it's killing me.

FD

Sorry not sure.

Started my game over. Jeez, I'm doing awful.

Playing on top player level and it's showing with the Default team.

Bottom of the league, only 1 win (my first game) and 3 draws. 8 defeats. Out to Bolton in 1st round of cup.

Finding it hard to buy players and it's killing me.

FD

Buy players from the Newcommers group and the Players without a team group (this group is populated in the offseason after season 1)

These two groups are were teh gold is... all these players do not require a transfer fee so that saves a LOT of points... and there's a good number of players here with good stats and fantastic potential!

everytime I get to week 36 mine crashes to desktop????? It has been doing it all season but I would load back up and carry on. Now I just simply cant get passed week 36...............ARGGHHH

Playing the Master League is always fun. Scouting new players, starting from the bottom, having to cope with Dodo, Burchet & Co before building a strong squad... But I'm kinda keeping myself from starting a ML because of the mixed up leagues. What about you guys? It seems that most of you are coping with it... But thats all nonsense from Konami really. It would be so easy to let us include created clubs only if they wanted to :(

Before realizing I couldn't use clubs from 'Other Leagues B' I had already gone to all the trouble of editing emblems and kits for some Coca Cola Championship clubs. Just the thought of having 18 spots to create new teams, all to no avail cause you can't use them im ML, is just too frustrating. No one knows why, not even Konami!

Sorry for insisting on this, but is it just me or Konami is being really stubborn and stupid by still not letting us include 'Other Leagues B' in ML?

If you think about it, ML is a fictional League and it should be possible to add fictional clubs as well. If ML had the licenses (National Leagues and Champions League) I'd accept that. But no. So we have a made-up League that doesn't support made-up clubs! Konami's incoherence and limitations never ceases to amaze me. Yeah, Lami's signature says it all!

Yeah I agree, I had to take out another team to put my Rodos team in, which was a pain in the ass.

However, I admit to starting over again and using a lot of default players from one of the Leaugue B teams (all ratings = 70). However I added in a few players here and there to boost my team.

Only scraped through the league, coming in 3rd, but now go into the top division.

I've created the leagues by choosing the top teams from each league into the 4 division, so it'll be like Madrid, Barca, Valencia, Seville, then Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and on and on. So quite good leagues made up.

FD

In the top league, however not improved the team as dramatically as I would have liked.

Bought in 'generated' players I think they are anyway. Berger (CD), Streith (M), Marchand (M), Soler (SB), Gambino (SM).

My league has the top teams as Arsenal, Barca and Roma. Only played a few games and are around 6th or 7th place. Got knocked out of the cup 1st round by Napoli.

FD

... also there is a bug where a player will accept any amount on transfer loan. I can get Kaka for 1 point if I want, its pretty lame.

How do you do this? Is this still possible to do after the updates? I would like to pick up a decent player or two since I can't seem to get any the legit way.

How do you do this? Is this still possible to do after the updates? I would like to pick up a decent player or two since I can't seem to get any the legit way.

Try to take the player on loan and any price you offer for loan payment will be accepted.

I normally do this before i buy players i am skeptical about. I take them on loan, if i like the way he fits in during the loan period, i then go ahead and buy them.

hi everybody, I have this game for a while but I haven't bothered playing ML until the las couple of weeks.

I set it on Top Player, and ML difficulty on Very Hard.
10min

I also chose 'Create a new team', so the can have an identity of their own :)

---------------------------OCHOA gk-------------------------------------
------------------KOMPANY cb ---------RAMI cb---------------------------
-----MICAH RICHARDS rb--------------------------------------------------
------------------------------OTTL dmf----------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------WENST lwb-------------
------------------------GOURCUFF cmf------------------------------------
-------IRELAND rmf----------------------RAKITIC amf---------------------
-------------------BIRSA ss---------------------------------------------
-------------------------------SULEJMANI cf-----------------------------

Bench:

IVAROV
STEIN
BAUMANN
LIEBERMANN
JARIC
GERSEN
EL MOUBRAKI
DODO
MACCO
RUSKIN
VAN DEN BERG
XIMELEZ
ETTORI
FOUQUE
GUTIERREZ
CASTORO
ROMEO CASTELEN

As you may notice, I still have A LOT of the original players.. and that is because i'm just past through the winter transfer period of my second season (1st on 1st division).

You know that when you choose 'Create a new Team' you get the default ML players PLUS 1000pts to buy some others you may afford.
I got Gourcuff (the captain ever since), and this guy Sulejmani, who i had no idea of but had nice stats plus he was 19yo.

Well, Gorcouff was the assist leader and MVP for both the league and cup on 2nd division, and Sulejmani was the Pichichi for both competitions as well.

They both developed incredibly well and by the transfer period in the middle of my 1st time on 1st division, Gourcuff is the total assist leader and, Sulejmani is like in 4th place of total goal scorers, just behind beasts like Benzema and Torres.

BTW my team rating is A. :D

Apologies for bumping an old thread , but this seems to be the dedicated Master League one, so what can I do?
I'm in the end of season negotiation period (2nd season), after having won the D1 league (98 points, no losses :D) and the cup.
Anyway, I am trying to bring in some stars like Ronaldo, Benzema, Messi, Aguero, etc. I have managed to agree a fee of 35777 + Ordaz for Ronaldo, but even if I offer 5000pts salary, he won't join (the chance is 18%). Just to test, I've tried over and over, but to no avail. I can't even get Pato to sign and his likelihood is 46%.
I'm S rank with the bar full, and below is my current team.

GK - Ospina (Good stats, but he's terrible, I want Cech instead)
CB - Nyatanga
CB - Jaric
LB - Pocognoli
RB - Rafael
CM - Dodo
CM - Gourcuff
LM - Taison
RM - Ireland
SS - Bojan (Excellent: 50 goals in all comps last season)
CF - Gutierrez

Back
Top Bottom