Master League n00b questions

BigZombieMonkey

Non-League
14 July 2011
OK so I've grown bored with FIFA in the last week or so and after playing tons of BAL I've decided to jump into Master League and despite it seeming great I have a few problems:

1) Finances - I went Man Utd since I wanted an easier challenge and after buying Hamsik and getting a new scout I was quite enjoying the mode. Then I was confused when one month passed and my money was reduced from 160m to 40m. I'm guessing it was due to wages, fan investment etc but I'm confused as to how often this happens and more to the point, why it happened a few weeks into the mode without warnings that the finances would be settled then.

I also played on for a bit only to find my money depleting rapidly but the finances seemed to be random as to when the month finances would be settled as they were not being settled at the end of each month.

So my first question is, how often are wages paid? Is it once a year and if so when?
My second question is what finances are removed monthly?

2) Transfers - How do these work? I wanted to approach numerous players and I made my approaches but it seems I can't choose what to bid, I can only adjust an offer once there is some kind of agreement. I don't like this as I want to be able to control what I bid, is there a setting I need to change to do this?

3) Youth - I signed one youth player up straight away and he was great but the other 9 youth players were garbage, is there a way to release them or is this done at the end of the year?

4) Contract renewels - Vidic was on the last year of his contract and I couldn't find anywhere to offer him a new one, where and how can I do this?

If anyone can help me with this stuff I'd be very greatful as it looks to be a great mode that'll keep me tied over until PES 2012 and FIFA 12 come out :)

Oh and another question:

Is there a way to turn off the intro to Master League where it forces me to approach a player I don't want to and then makes me do the training? It wastes a month before I can actually start dealing with my team.

1) Finances - This happens on a yearly basis, you can set investment and staff in month of August, and then in the first week of September all finances and expenditures are taken out.
What fees are being taken out of your club, are you training? because i havent had this issue

2) Transfers- Your Scout agrees a guideline fee, you take over negotiations after this has been settled, if you have absolutely no control you may have "leave scout in control" or something similar turned on in your options.

3) Youth - Youth players can be signed then released for a small severance fee (sign profressional deal-go to my team squad list-release) or you can let them hang around until age 20, they will leabe the end of the season they turn 20.

4) Contract renewels - During January the scout will say "these players are looking for contract renewals" you can do this from there on

The intro part is to help new players to get started and so there is no way to turn it of, however it only wastes around 1and a haf weeks maybe 2 (weeks are done in halfs) the player you are forced to negotiate with you can cancel negotiations (Negotiations-In Progresss-End Negotitions)

i hope this goes some way to helping you, also follow the ML and other stuff thread on here for helpful information on how to help your team, and dont fear asking for more help

Just a little addition to 3) - generally you should get a new batch of youngsters at the end of each season (in July). Perhaps not all 10 brand new, some may linger for more than one season, but you can follow routine Taylor_94 suggested. Just make sure to sign them before January transfer window expires, otherwise they may stay in your academy come July. Release timing isn't crucial, you can do it whenever you want.

As for the monthly reduction of funds ... it could (should?) only be the result of special training costs. Have you activated special skills/new positions training for many players? That may be expensive.

I seem to be getting the hang of this all now and loving it (I did switch to Man City) lol

I do have one confusion left though, where can I find how long my players are injured for?

Cheers for the help though guys, really enjoying PES now :D

If a player is unjured you can find it on the Topics option (the second along from forward icon) or in Squad List press L2(or your console equivalent) and you should find it.

Also on Game Plan press triangle(console equivalent) and it should say.

Back
Top Bottom