Marathon bar set to return 18 years after Snickers rebrand

Radiation

Golden Boot Winner
6 February 2006
Widnes
Newcastle United
Marathon bars look set for a comeback almost two decades after the brand was renamed Snickers.

Confectioner Mars re-registered the name as a UK trademark in what looks to be a bid to cash in on consumer interest in nostalgia.

It is the latest in a line of relaunches for retro brand names, coming just weeks after Mars announced plans to bring back another former favourite, Opal Fruits.

Marathon was renamed Snickers in 1990, after Mars decided to scrap the British brand and bring it into line with its global operation.

Cadbury pioneered the craze by bringing back the Wispa bar initially for a limited time only. The move was so successful that Cadbury has brought Wispa back permanently.

http://www.brandrepublic.com/News/808377/Marathon-bar-set-return-18-years-Snickers-rebrand/

MaraSnicksDM_468x308.jpg

What if this came out but in the store there was also a marathon from 25 years ago, that could make you really ill.

Wispa's permanently? I don't see any in any newsagents or shops I go into :((

I'll still eat Snickers no matter what they're called, I don't care about the name as long as they still taste the same, and Whispas are Godly too. FTW!!

ok this question has nothing to do with Marathon bar but its been buggin me for years and I would just like to check to see if im going mental.

Was the Milky Way chocolate bar brown inside before becoming white?

ok this question has nothing to do with Marathon bar but its been buggin me for years and I would just like to check to see if im going mental.

Was the Milky Way chocolate bar brown inside before becoming white?

Yeah I thought it was darker aswell.

Back
Top Bottom