Manchester United Thread

Mourinho and United should have happend long time ago, even before Ferguson retired, because now i think it is to late for him and the club to fix what has been damadged... Ferguson realy despite being champion in his last season, has left the club in the state they were and from my point of view, it will be nearly impossible for Mourinho to bring back their way of football and perhaps his own winning style.. no matter how expensive players he buys or whoever he buys.. as LFC supporter i don´t miss United being stronger or contender right now for the highest places, but from a neutral point of view, what happens to this club should be a warrning to other clubs... That Pogba money should have been used more effective, because so far it has been very dissapointing... will be interesting how things will turn out but....it doesn´t look good so far..

That's rich coming from a Liverpool supporter ...calling the kettle blk ? Progba price tag is just modern footy, he still has time to develop himself in the league. It's November-_-

I agree with Bebo. The moneys been spent on pogba so thinking on what it should be spent on is pointless. Also writing off pogba already is also pointless. This time last year people were calling firmino a waste. For a while people were writing off Ozil. Nowadays for players and teams one or two bad matches and your'e done. Put a few wins together and your'e the best ever.

On United as a whole I don't think anyone had them as winning the league but at least they should and maybe yet challenging for it. One of the problems is too many square pegs in round holes. wingers at right back, strikers as wingers, left backs as centre backs Fellaini is a peg and shouldn't be on the pitch. I understand that its part of the football education for Martial and Rashford to play as wingers but I wish for once and awhile they could play as the front pair and that could change the whole dynamic of the team. If instead of playing Rooney and Ibra they went for M & R up front. They could play a 4132. Carrick as a holding midfielder with Pogba, Herrera and Mkhitaryan or Mata in midfield.

The other problem is the squad players. Some players are into their 3rd season at the club and have not made a big enough impact so they need to be moved on. Rojo, Blind(Great at centre back last year but will never be a main CB under Mourinho) Fellaini. The others signed last summer need to show massive improvement or they will also need to be moved on. Something else that needs a massive improvement is our scouts, manager Woodward or whoever is buying the players as the amount of money we spent(I know footballers ar dearer nowadays) is embarrassing. We need to buy players for their (or build players with) mental strength, work ethic and attitude as much as their football talent. We need winners not people more interested in how fancy their car or hat is (Depay). People like Rio, Vidic, Keane, Scholes, Robson, Charlton, Ronaldo, Gerrard, Terry, Drogba, Vierra, Keown Neville etc. There may be players on that list that people don't like but that's part of the point. They don't care if you like them, they care about winning and being the best and give all for the team they are playing in at the time. I wish the like of Depay, Januzaj had some of the work ethic of those or Lingard and Rashford cause they put them to shame. The last time I think we had a great team was around 2008. Since then even under Ferguson and winning the league some of the football has been terrible.

Paul Scholes said today that we will need 18 months for the team to be truly a Mourinho team, that it will be unrecognisable from what it is now and I don't doubt it. People harp on about Mourinho winning it in his first season at Chelsea but forget that he inherited a team that finished runners up the year before(I know he bought some players that summer). If he had came in to a team that was only good enough to finish 5th (and lucky at that)with a disgraceful style of football it may have taken him a bit longer.

We are going to take alot of hits from rival fans, media and idiots that hate United for the sake of it which I don't really care I can take that, its part of being a fan. But to see a team wearing the united badge play like that makes me sad. Its along way to building a great team again but in the meantime I hope we can do a bit better than tonight. Rant over. Matty out

If a fan from a club like Chelsea would have posted something like that 5 years ago, you would have laughed with him... Surely, that must be sarcasm...

What most United fans don't seem to grasp is that with Ferguson gone, the best period of their club is gone and that there is a fairly big chance they will never witness a period like that in their life...
To be fair, have been rather unlucky this season. They must have played 3 or 4 matches where the opponent's GK played an absolute blinder (West Ham, Burnley, but there are others). They also deserved to win the match against Arsenal.

IMO United play better football now than under Moyes and LVG. The utter irony is that they are doing that under a manager who is the ultimate cynic and who has always said that he doens't care about style, but only about results.

The guy responsible for the transfers should be fired, United has bought too many players that aren't good enough or that are on their way down (Zlatan for example, why not play Martial and Rashford upfront).

I tend to agree, and it was a great goal...but why of all teams against Spurs?
It's not the first time that United wakes up against Spurs, was it two years ago under LVG near the end of the season that you suddenly started to play well against Spurs? A 3-0 win or 3-1?

Nice gesture by Mourinho to dedicate the win to Fellaini. For his own saken Fellaini should leave United. He is becoming the symbol of the post Ferguson era and the (relative) failure of United...when the crowd started to whistle when he warmed up...that must be devastating...

He is not the most eye-pleasing player and to be honest i also prefer to see our national team without him, but people who know him better say that he is a very nice guy...i feel for him.

31st December 2011: Defeat at home against Blackburn as young Pogba is left out of the team for a midfield of Rafael and Park

31st December 2016: World record signing Pogba scores late to save the day.

Man Utd are now 13 games unbeaten in all comps; their longest run since March 2013 under Sir Alex Ferguson (18 games).

Some cup games before a massive game v Liverpool

Jesus, how poor United were in the second match against a very poor Anderlecht team. Once again Fellaini saved them (that is wat Mourinho himself said, not me).

Don't understand that Mourinho doesn't see the Obvious: United play better without Zlatan.

Well he's probably out for most of the season now so we'll have to regardless. Fellaini has definitely improved under Jose. good squad player.

Still thin Mourinho is underachiving with this squad and with all the money he has spent...look at Spurs and how briljant they are doing without spending very much (although Sissoko was a big and an expensive mistake, don't understand that one).

nice to finish the season with that, unfortunately events of earlier this week mean its not the most celebratory mood but job done.

Get in! Back in the CL we are :D

Feels funny to finish behind Arsenal but still be in the CL, lol.

It all starts now. Now's the real show. Hopefully we do a lot better next season.

Like 95% of the neutrals i wanted Ajax to win, because...well because it's Ajax, the biggest football club in the world...the club that made football what it should be: the beautifull game.
Can't say that Man Utd didn't deserve to win, but this was the ugly game, Mourinho's way. An extremely lucky owngoal (and although Pogba got the goal, this definitely was an owng, so United won deservedlyoal, without the deflection it would never have been a goal) and then United could defend (which they did very well). The second goal at the beginning of the second half was a very good one and killed the game.

The young Ajax team did not enough, so United won deservedly, no discussion about that.

There are also positives for me: after the what happened earlier this week, this is something positive for the city of Manchester and for the Mancunians, they truly deserve this.

As a Spurs fan, it's a goo thing that Manchester United also has to play Cl football, now only Arsenal don't play Wednesday or Tuesday, but they have to play on Spursday...

Some people in this thread think i hate United. That is not true. I miss United as a powerhouse. Football need a competitive Man Utd. You should get rid of Mourinho. You got lots of good young players. He will not use them. He will insist on buying expensive foreign players that you don't really need.

Look at Conte and Pocchetino, they didn't moan but adapted their tactic and made their players big (Moses is the best example). I would go for Allegri or Jardim.

Good luck in the CL.

This time a lot of people wanted Utd to win, even lots of City fans. Naive mugs imo and proven by the Utd celebration video

Dull game. You know what you're getting with Mourinho tho.
Ajax manager had a mare. When you're up against a bus you need width but he had their wide players both within the width of the penalty box with no FBs in side. They spent the entire game trying to be intricate through the middle. Madness.

Anyway, on a more positive note, next season should be fun :

This time a lot of people wanted Utd to win, even lots of City fans. Naive mugs imo and proven by the Utd celebration video

Dull game. You know what you're getting with Mourinho tho.
Ajax manager had a mare. When you're up against a bus you need width but he had their wide players both within the width of the penalty box with no FBs in side. They spent the entire game trying to be intricate through the middle. Madness.

Anyway, on a more positive note, next season should be fun :

Are we going to see a season like 2007-08 or 2008-09 making a comeback?

I wouldn't mind the Colombian ajax cb. I've only watched that one game though and thought he looked good. Dont know how good he is overall.

IMO he was very poor in that final. I've seen much better matches from him, but Wednesday imo he was perhaps the worst player on the pitch.

Oh and by the way: Fellaini was great.
I'm well aware that United fans don't like him, but he has had an normous impact the last two seasons and that is fully recognized by both his managers.

I must confess that i'm not a big fan of his playing style either, but i feel for him...imo he has become the symbol of United's "downfall" in the eyes of some fans. First of all, there is no downfall and secondly Fellaini is very important to the team (just like Valancia, by the way).

Looks like they're signing Perisic.
May mean less of Fellaini next season. Perisic has the aerial presence for Jose's 'find the big lad at the back post' tactic.
Agree with you about Fellaini's impact but he's very much double-edged sword in that Utd lose ability to control CM with him in there

Back
Top Bottom