Manchester United Thread

Yep, i wish, teams would take the bull by the horns. Lets have players taking on opponents. Not playing it like a game of chess. I am fed up with the modern game. Its boring. I don't watch full matches anymore. I end up struggling to keep my eyes open. Football as a game is finished IMO.
The worst thing about the modern game except from having to wait 10 minutes for the ref to check VAR….. is the playing out from the back. Does the keeper really need that many touches on the ball? Especially us where we will try and do this and then what inevitably happens is that Onana has to play it long anyway because he’s put under pressure. They may as well save 5 minutes of pissing around at the back and just send it long from the get go. What a waste of time it is!

Is there seriously more proof needed that Ten Hag has no clue? How often does it happen that we get a lead and instantly he decides to take off any player that has been playing well and replace them with either off-form or basically reserve players. We’re going to be hugely lucky to finish 6th this season and there’s no plan. Ten Hag could make City finish mid-table he’s that bad. Other than Nigerians on social media and his own family (I have doubts), is there anybody who still has faith in him?

The worst thing about the modern game except from having to wait 10 minutes for the ref to check VAR….. is the playing out from the back. Does the keeper really need that many touches on the ball? Especially us where we will try and do this and then what inevitably happens is that Onana has to play it long anyway because he’s put under pressure. They may as well save 5 minutes of pissing around at the back and just send it long from the get go. What a waste of time it is!
I honestly believe VAR was introduced to assist with match-fixing. Illegal betting syndicates around the world make billions across a season. If people think blackmail or bribery doesn’t happen then I have some land on Uranus to sell you.

Klopp wasn't that good during his first two years, give him time for another year. But then again, klopp won UCL in his third year, maybe united could win another european cup... well, uecl atleast, lol

Klopp wasn't that good during his first two years, give him time for another year. But then again, klopp won UCL in his third year, maybe united could win another european cup... well, uecl atleast, lol
I don't think you can compare the two. You could see what Klopp was trying to do and you could see the imrovements (and I hate Liverpool and wanted him to fail.) I can't say either of those things for Ten Hag. Garnachio is probably out the door, nobody wants to come to this club when it likely won't even make the Europa League. Another year and we're in line for a Leicester before long.

I honestly believe VAR was introduced to assist with match-fixing. Illegal betting syndicates around the world make billions across a season. If people think blackmail or bribery doesn’t happen then I have some land on Uranus to sell you.

Everyone who has watched football over the years is aware of match fixing, especially in Italy. It can be used to see deliberate assists to the opposition etc but that’s not the reason of its introduction. I guess it makes a good deterrent of it though.

Everyone who has watched football over the years is aware of match fixing, especially in Italy. It can be used to see deliberate assists to the opposition etc but that’s not the reason of its introduction. I guess it makes a good deterrent of it though.
The power to suddenly find any excuse to disallow a goal and to add on ridiculous amounts of time wasn't done for the good of the game. They could have started clamping down on time-wasting if they were that concerned about ball-in-play time. How hard is it to get AI to decide offside? Far better than the human eye looking at monitors with bias. I think there was something shady behind it all. It's not like the top federation itself, FIFA, hasn't suffered decades of corruption.

Anyway. That's just a bit of a deflection from the point we're bloody terrible in this system. The forwards are unreachable almost with the way he has the midfield set-up. We shouldn't have to rely on McTom or a defender almost every other game to score.

Hats off to Coventry though. Many teams at 3-0 would have given up. They showed great spirit, and this never say die attitude is whats been missing from football. I fear the final wont be as entertaining though.
Take the city game for instance, a late winner, then they were that good they wanted to waste time with De Bruyne taking the ball to the corner flag. If i were a fan i would not be entertained by this.

I think Ten Hag needs to be sacked at the end of the season. I’d say sooner but there’s really not much point at this stage of the season. Even if we win the FA cup he’s got to go. In his time he’s pretty much broken every negative record in the clubs history. He seems like a good guy but surely we’ll have a new manager for next season. I think the majority of Utd fans would be outraged if he’s still the manger next season.

Hats off to Coventry though. Many teams at 3-0 would have given up. They showed great spirit, and this never say die attitude is whats been missing from football. I fear the final wont be as entertaining though.
Take the city game for instance, a late winner, then they were that good they wanted to waste time with De Bruyne taking the ball to the corner flag. If i were a fan i would not be entertained by this.
I agree, Coventry were massive on the day and unlucky not to beat us. That's sort of the problem though, being 3-0 down to us should deflate teams but instead even lower division clubs think they have a chance against us. There's literally ZERO fear factor to us anymore. None.

Back
Top Bottom