KOSOVO thread

LFC Albania

Banned
13 October 2012
Kosova
Albania NT
hi guys , I create this thread after FIFA has officially allowed Kosovo to play FRIENDLY match's , this is a very good first step , hopefully we will be part of FIFA and UEFA with all rights very soon.

this is very interesting thread considering rumors about which players will com to play for Kosovo NT and which ones will continua to play for other NT.

Under article 83 of the FIFA Statutes, the FIFA Executive Committee has the right to authorise FIFA members to play matches against non-member associations, in this case the Football Federation of Kosovo (FFK).

Following various meetings that have taken place since 2012, the FIFA Emergency Committee has today, 13 January 2014, confirmed a set of modalities of friendly matches involving clubs and representative teams of Kosovo.

The proposal was submitted to the FIFA Emergency Committee following a meeting between the President of the Football Association of Serbia (FSS), Tomislav Karadzic, and the President of the FFK, Fadil Vokrri, held at the Home of FIFA on 10 January 2014, which was chaired by FIFA President Blatter.

The following modalities of friendly games involving clubs and representative teams of Kosovo have been approved and enter into force immediately:
- FIFA member associations are allowed to play international friendly matches with clubs and representative teams of the FFK.
- Clubs and representative teams of the FFK may not display national symbols (flags, emblems, etc.) or play national anthems. However, they are allowed to wear or display kit or equipment bearing the name 'Kosovo' as well as the symbol of a star of the size of the letter 'o' in the name 'Kosovo'.
- Clubs and representative teams of the FFK may not play official or qualification matches while the FFK is not a member of FIFA.
- Clubs and representative teams of the FFK may not play matches against clubs and representative teams of countries of the former Yugoslavia until further notice.
- International friendly matches involving clubs and representative teams of the FFK may be played on the territory of Kosovo provided that FIFA is informed in writing at least 21 days before each match. FIFA will in turn inform the Football Association of Serbia.
- Any breach of this agreement will be referred to FIFA and the agreement will automatically come to an end.

“The decision taken by the FIFA Emergency Committee represents a major boost for football development in Kosovo and it once again confirms the extraordinary power of our sport to bring people together,” said FIFA President Blatter.
http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/organisation/news/newsid=2260043/

our first match will be vs Haiti on march 5

Kosovo Footballers Await 'Historic' Match With Haiti
Following FIFA’s permission for teams to play Kosovo in 'friendly' matches, the national football squad is going head to head with Haiti.
Edona Peci BIRN Pristina
Kosovo will host a friendly football match against Haiti next month, opening the way for a series of planned friendly matches with members of the International Football Association, FIFA.

Fadil Vokrri, president of the Kosovo Football Federation, told Balkan Insight that Haiti was chosen “because it is a good and fair rival”.

His announcement comes less than a month after FIFA confirmed a new set of regulations that allow the Kosovo national team to play member nations in friendlies.

The match will be held on March 5 at the 29,000-capacity Olimpik Adem Jashari, home of KF Trepça, in the divided northern town of Mitrovica.

Vokrri said the match would be “historic” and would further Kosovo's goal of membership of international sports organizations such as FIFA and UEFA.

Hashim Thaci, the Kosovo Prime Minister, said the match would be “a festive” one.

“The fact that we are playing against Haiti, a distant but friendly country, tells much about the power that football has to unite people,” he wrote on his Facebook page.

Kosovo declared independence from Serbia in 2008, but the country is struggling to gain membership of a number of international organizations, as Serbia and some important UN member states, suich as China and Russia, still contest its statehood.

In a concession to opponents of Kosovo's independence, the international body football has stressed that Kosovo teams may not display national symbols, such as flags or emblems, or play the national anthem.

FIFA also underlined that clubs and representative teams of the Football Federation of Kosovo may not play matches against clubs and representative teams of countries of the former Yugoslavia "until further notice".

this is a dream team formation , we have to wait if any of those will play for Kosovo NT!

75617_626005227465897_150406176_n.jpg

Last edited:
Why exactly wasn't Kosovo's NT not allowed to play friendly matches though? Catalonia for example has played friendly's for years now.

Why exactly wasn't Kosovo's NT not allowed to play friendly matches though? Catalonia for example has played friendly's for years now.

I guess we could play friendly's but not "Official" ones ... like FIFA didn't recognize those friendly's , we did play few before but they didn't go through UEFA and FIFA , now its like Official like all other FIFA friendly's!

Kosovo 0 - Haiti 0 , Stadium "Adem Jashari" Mitrovice.

our first match ended 0-0 it was a very good match , considering that those guys had only few training seasons together they played really well , we had a lot of scoring chances but didnt score , while Haiti didn't have any good chance . I was so surprised by this performance tbh I know its just "Haiti" but I didnt thought our players will play that nice football

atmosphere was great but pitch not that good after rain , stadium isn't 100% ready yet , they still have to change turf add lights and volume...

17.000 tickets were sold after few hours they came out , a lot of people were looking forward to this match , great organization of match and we told FIFA and UEFA that we have to be part of this 2 organizations soon.

so proud of this young lads who played today , wish I was in Kosovo so I would have gone to watch match in stadium. but I guess next time I will :)

here are some pic of matchs
1911714_646191732113913_1045419155_n.jpg
15173_1547496418808836_1347682922_n.jpg

hyrjaelojtareve.jpg

parafillimit.jpg

publikustadium.jpg

pershendetjaekrereve.jpg

kosovaperfaqesuesja.jpg

haitiperfaesuesja.jpg

loja1(1).jpg

publikustadium1.jpg

loja3.jpg

publikustadium2.jpg

stadiumpublik.jpg

h8(1).jpg

h9(1).jpg

h10(1).jpg

Last edited:
Good to see this happening.
Success to Kosovo NT.

A week ago i read an interview with Vital Borkelmans, he is the assistent coach of our national team. Inevitably, the subject of Adnan Januzaj's choice was touched upon.
Borkelmans said that he has never seen a young player that was better helped and protected by his family.

Good to see this happening.
Success to Kosovo NT.

A week ago i read an interview with Vital Borkelmans, he is the assistent coach of our national team. Inevitably, the subject of Adnan Januzaj's choice was touched upon.
Borkelmans said that he has never seen a young player that was better helped and protected by his family.

Thank you gerd!

Yeah Januzaj has been grown with our traditions.

There is a rumour that the second game is against Turkey in May.

Yes most of newspapers in Kosovo say its official 21 may Kosovo vs Turkey but still not official from our or yours FA.

I saw this coming tbh, I'm so exited about this match!

By that time ill be back from USA so surely ill go there watch match and ill be carrying a Turkey flag but supporting Kosovo of course hehe

Thank you gerd!

Yeah Januzaj has been grown with our traditions.

Yes most of newspapers in Kosovo say its official 21 may Kosovo vs Turkey but still not official from our or yours FA.

I saw this coming tbh, I'm so exited about this match!

By that time ill be back from USA so surely ill go there watch match and ill be carrying a Turkey flag but supporting Kosovo of course hehe

I'm in Kosovo between April 29th and May 5th. I was hoping for a home game between those dates.

jackie-chan-meme.jpg

Why the Turkish flag? Thought you're so proud of being from the Kosovo?

Just one of the reasons: Turkey always fought/fight for the independence of Kosovo. It was the second country (after Albania of course) that recognized Kosovo as an independent country. But the most important reason is the brothership (has to do with the past). Long story :)

And therefore you ditch your own country to celebrate the "brother"? Doesn't make sense to me.

I'm in Kosovo between April 29th and May 5th. I was hoping for a home game between those dates.

I'm sorry buddy but I'm glad match its not on those dates :LOL:, I'll be back in Kosovo on may 7 so match will be between 20-23 may :D

And therefore you ditch your own country to celebrate the "brother"? Doesn't make sense to me.

ditch your own country ? who said that ? I'll keep a flag of Turkey writen on it "Thank you Turkey" , many reasons to do that.

and yeah we are near with Turkey people and have this brothership.
Turkey its one of my fav NT (after Croatia) always used to follow them and love them , Galatasaray its one of my fav club , Istanbul its my favorite city in the whole world (I haven't been there yet but its my 1st city I want to visit, yes even before Liverpool) so I got many reasons to like Turkey and thank them for everything , if we play against Germany I'll keep an german glad and write on that "Danke Deutschland" too, I never said I'll support them vs Kosovo we are just thankful, its friendly match and a "BIG" NT like Turkey its willing to play vs a NT who isn't part of UEFA and FIFA yet so why not say thanks to them ? that's all ;)

ditch your own country ? who said that ? I'll keep a flag of Turkey writen on it "Thank you Turkey" , many reasons to do that.

If you would've said that earlier, it would've explained it. Sounded to me that you'd go into the stadium cheering for the Turks.

Anel Rashkaj our captain has break his contract with Sandnes Ulf after his team didn't allow him to play for Kosovo NT in may 21 vs Turkey and may 25 vs Senegal... officials from his team told that pression was big for let him go play and has gone to a point that can't go on anymore!

p.s he play in Norway League and they play on 20 and 25 may their league games.

not very professional but hope he find a new team.

Nothing unprofessional about a club refusing a player to attend a match for a national team who isn't actually a national team. It would be equivalent of Barcelona players playing a match for Catalonia a few days before a La Liga match and that wouldn't be acceptable, would it?

Not a member of a football association? Sorry no precedence outside of holidays. That being said, I hope Kosovo gets a recognized national team if that's what they want.

Kosovo has won 1st friendly vs Oman

Kosovo 1 - Oman 0

Kosova: Ujkani, Perdedaj, Paçarada, Pepa, Berisha, Rashkaj, Gashi, Nushi, Sadiku, Celina, Hasani.
Rezervistët: Muhaxhiri, Avdyli, Berisha, Rexhepi, E.Bunjaku, I.Bunjaku, Kastrati, Metaj, Lushtaku.
Oman: Al Habsi, Al Mukhaini, Al Musalami, Aloëisi, Al Jabri, Al Farsi, Saleh, Al Syabi, Al Hadhri, Muqbali.
Rezervistët: Al Rushidi, Al Zaabi, Al Mashari, Hardan, Al Nahar, Al Qasmi, Al Jalbobi, Al Muhaijri, Al Ghailani, Al Lahsni, Al Busaidi.

Back
Top Bottom