Konami Server Question...

GraGra

aka... Indeedilidoodily
5 August 2005
Queensland, Australia
Chelsea
Hi Guys,

I've had varying degrees of lag on-line (very good to downright bad). I have a question or two about the Konami servers...

Note: I am playing a UK Pro Evo 2010 on an Australian PlayStation3

- Are the servers all in Europe, for me they are, is it because I have a region 2 UK game?

- Anyone on this forum have a US / NTSC / Different region that can report US servers (or otherwise) for them?

- Anyone got the Australian version on an Australian PlayStation3 and can report Aus Servers?

Last edited:
"Mr.Hiyoko" and I played a few games online tonight. He is in a different state to me in Australia and we were both on orange. So even if we both were running from a Euro server, it played pretty well... (a bit faster than demo speed, not as quick as offline, no real lag)

Apparently the copy of Pro Evo he has is region 2 (UK) as well, even though he bought it at a local store (Australian DVDs are Region 4 here)

By the way - can you have ranking games in a match room in a community? (I'm presuming we played Friendly)

Last edited:
"Mr.Hiyoko" and I played a few games online tonight. He is in a different state to me in Australia and we were both on orange. So even if we both were running from a Euro server, it played pretty well... (a bit faster than demo speed, not as quick as offline, no real lag)

Apparently the copy of Pro Evo he has is region 2 (UK) as well, even though he bought it at a local store (Australian DVDs are Region 4 here)

By the way - can you have ranking games in a match room in a community? (I'm presuming we played Friendly)

no AUS input as I'm UK but you can play ranked or player (friendly) in vs matchroom but community is strictly friendly

Ok thanks - I'm new at online you see - I did not add Mr.Hiyoko to the friends list in Pro Evo (just to my PSN) but I presume you can play a vs matchroom with a password and invite a friend thats added in pro evo. Thus your games will count towards ranking.

Of course you would have to consistently beat the other person or your ranking would prob go nowhere is you average out as good as each other.

I have looked for a way to use Asian servers (as per someone elses post to look for other servers on the list) but I just have EU 1 - 8 available.

Yeah man, maybe I'll get one over ya sometime :WORSHIP:

Just missed you online by an hour last night, I'm offline unlocking the hidden players/teams at the moment

Any other Aussies you know on this site or otherwise that are keen to play? (I know one but he is having network issues) The lack of lag was good.

online cheating

Im so tired of this cheating stuff im just about ready to quit pes forever!

Basically to cheat the opponents cause lag by using a program that reduces their upload. Most usually do this when they go a goal down but most now do this from the start of the match. It occurs more and more the higher the rank you go.

The general effect is normally players become very unresponsive and slow. The passing and changing player cursors become terrible.

Does konami know about this massive problem? What are they doing to fix it?

Is there any thing I can do to counter this problem?

Does any one know if Fifa10 also has this problem?

Back
Top Bottom