Konami really need to sort out the player change.

dmxdex2020

Premier League
30 June 2005
England
Arsenal
Time after time i lose goals due to this games player change. The ball can be rolling in the box and the nearest player will just stand their. I am trying to select him and it will not give me him. Also what the hell is up with my defenders taking it upon themselfs to slide tackle when ive not even pressed B.

The player change on pes use to be really good but now its total piss.

Another issue. An animation. My player will get pushed in the back and will just stumble for hours and will run the ball out. Either thats a foul or konami need to finally deal with this animation because its not realistic and doesnt work.

you can turn of the automatic slide tackle on that screen just after you set the formation or whatever... I have done this a million times and still can't explain it properly. It's where you set offside trap to on/off etc.

Another issue. An animation. My player will get pushed in the back and will just stumble for hours and will run the ball out. Either thats a foul or konami need to finally deal with this animation because its not realistic and doesnt work.

This is among the most annoying things in PES 2011.

It's when you go into formation, you will eventually go to management edit (where you set strategy depending on time of match) there you choose Auto Trigger settings, and set sliding tackle to OFF. press o, and then "next" on the screen.

Last edited:
Time after time i lose goals due to this games player change. The ball can be rolling in the box and the nearest player will just stand their. I am trying to select him and it will not give me him. Also what the hell is up with my defenders taking it upon themselfs to slide tackle when ive not even pressed B.

Feel your pain fella! two of the biggest things that kill PES11 and stop it being an amazing game.

hope konami improves defending, and that stumbling animation, because defending is super f*ing hard against a real player! goalkeepers need a little touch too, i can pretty much digest any other wrong aspect in the game

My friend, this is Konami’s way of making the game harder. They ran out of ideas of making the AI intelligent so in order to keep a balance they have to resort to underhand tactics like these. You’ll find most of the times you have a striker in the box, unmarked and in a perfect position, but the cursor change to the player in the offside position. The only reason I’m still putting up with this PES 2011 Crap is because I don’t have any other sports titles, that i actually like in real life for example a rugby game.

Last edited:
Me & a friend try and play on PES2011 together through champions league, the player switching though is SO damn random, he's about to shoot and then it suddenly changes to my control, bloody annoying, wish they'd fix it :(

Thing is they push you in the back it isnt a foul, yet if you brush them with a slight touch its an instant foul.

The player select is frustrating, as with past PES games is it an issue with the engine? Sometimes it just feels like the game is deciding it wants to win.

Back
Top Bottom