Konami advice for HDTV owners

neil

League 2
30 April 2006
Received this from Konami on the back of a complaint.

May be useful for HDTV owners.

-----Original Message-----
From: Konami Support [mailto:en_support@konami-europe.net]
Sent: 07 November 2007 20:00
To: Neil
Subject: Re: [Ticket#2007103010005479] PES 2008- PS3

Dear customer,

Thank you very much for contacting the Konami customer support team.

We have discovered an issue with PES 2008 on PLAYSTATION 3 which interferes
with the smooth running of the gameplay. Our team is currently investigating
the issue and hopes to provide a solution as soon as possible.

It appears that only the SD (Standard Definition) modes 576i and 576p are
affected. Should your television support HD (High Definition) resolutions,
please try connecting your PLAYSTATION 3 to your HD TV using a component or
HDMI cable and switch to a HD resolution in order to resolve this issue.
We sincerely apologise for this inconvenience.

Your Konami Support Team

Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH
Berner Str. 103-105
60437 Frankfurt am Main
Germany

Local Court of Frankfurt am Main: HRB Nr. 24990
Managing Director: Kunio Neo, Kazumi Kitaue

"Neil wrote:

>
> I purchased the above game today for the PS3 and have just played it- the game
> is extremely jerky and almost unplayable- previous versions on my PS2 were far
> better.
>
> I don't have a high-def TV but presumably one is required for the game to play
> properly?? I didn't realise this when buying it- surely this should have been
> made clear!!
>
> Can you please advise how I can obtain a refund as the shop where I bought it
> are not willing to give me my money back. Very disappointing as previous PES
> games have been excellent.
>
> Regards

I couldn't believe it when the fanboys were saying "you need to buy a new TV to play this game, then it's great", but you're telling me Konami are now saying it too?

I've had a lot of fun with PES but if there was a label on the box that said "if you don't have a HDTV you will need to shell out £300+ on a new TV to play this game properly", I'd think twice before buying it...

What you said in your original email to them is 100% correct, there should be some kind of label stuck onto it. I still can't believe the online mode is broken and they get away with advertising it as a complete game with online modes. Patches have been released and nothing has been fixed.

Still, at least they responded properly to your email; most of us who have complained have received the "Konami are aware of this issue" automailer.

Last edited:
Got the standard response initially but this was a further complaint I sent a bit later on from a different email address.

I hope Konami are right to be honest as I may buy a HDTV but I suspect, having read many posts on this site, that there are still problems with HDTVs and this game!

I have a HD tv and personally i think its still jerky. I wouldn't go out and buy a HD tv and expect miracles because you'll be let down. I cant personally comment on the ordinary tv because i haven't seen pes 2008 on it yet. For Konami to recommend you buy a HD tv so that they can paper over their cracks is an absolute disgrace!!!

Bullshit.

I have 55'' Sony Bravia full hd 1080p TV but the game is still unplayable...
I will check we2008 to see if it is a better version.If yes, i am selling pes2008 and buy we2008...

i have an HD TV set to 1080i output and the slowdown and framerate is still a disgrace! although i havent played it on a standard def tv i suspect little difference, its the game not the TV, good one konami!

Got both still Parp... Konami Parp...the whole things Parp... I'm begining to think Seasawmargeriedoor and his Staff's, are a three man outfit in loft somewhere, working on a old Dell and a couple of PS2's off the market...

Who at Konami allowed that stupid response to be let out to the public?

Believe it or not, but ive been playing PES2008 (the PS2 version) on my PS3 and have been experinecing slowdown! much worse at 50hz than 60hz but still noticeable.

i am using a the default cable and just have a standard fat tv.

db

Well fact is that the game is working perfectly with DVI cable on my PC screen but is unplayable on my other SD TV, also my friend have a 100cm Toshiba HD screen where the game run smooth and a Sony SD TV in his room and PES is unplayable on his room TV.

Believe it or not but PES on SD TV is a no go.

If yuo have a HD TV are you sure you're using 720p and the good cable ? I dont have any slowdown, only framedrop sometimes when there's too many people on screen.

Konami have disgraced themselves this year. I returned PES after one day after playing on an SD TV. I feel aggrieved as they must have fcuking known the game was wrong and still decided to release it anyway!!

I too went to the darkside and Fifa works 100% on a normal TV and there is absolutely no slowdown online in any of their modes.

Someone at Nokami needs holding accountable for me having to buy FIFA!!

Believe it or not, but ive been playing PES2008 (the PS2 version) on my PS3 and have been experinecing slowdown! much worse at 50hz than 60hz but still noticeable.

i am using a the default cable and just have a standard fat tv.

db
Hey denirobob,

That is due to the PS3 firmware. Some PS2 games run smoothly some don't.

i wanted to do some recordings on my dvd recorder, but it only has standard A/V inputs. so i change my 'display settings' on my U.S. PS3 from 780p to 480p (automatically NTSC).

it looks crappier, but less slowdown! :-k

Back
Top Bottom