Johan Cruyff RIP

PIPA23

retired :)
21 June 2007
CeUCk-QXEAAAR3k.jpg:large

RIP.

What a sad week for the low countries...the most influencial man ever in football...look at Ajax, at the Arsenal invicibles, Barcelona...they all owe everything to this man (and not to Rinus Michels, that is a big mistake).

Probably the most influential person in modern football. At Barcelona we owe practically all we are now to him, he totally changed the mentality and the way of living football here.

Cruijff ( Dutch spelling ) was so alround! He was both an exceptional player and an exceptional coach. We in Holland always enjoyed what he said. He often invented his own words ( like he did in Spain: "un momento dado" ;) ). He almost never was wrong with his statements about football.
Let's not forget the way he played. He had his own Cruijff-turn and was super agile. Opponents almost never could kick him, just because he saw it coming and avaded the kick.
The whole world will miss him. Not only in Holland and Spain.

Last edited:
RIP Cruijff. Tbh I didn't know much about him apart from the few videos I've seen of him and his influence in both Ajax and Barcelona. Must've been great for one man to change the football philosophy back in the day in these clubs.

Cruijff ( Dutch spelling ) was so alround! He was both an exceptional player and an exceptional coach. We in Holland always enjoyed what he said. He often invented his own words ( like he did in Spain: "un momento dado" ;) ). He almost never was wrong with his statements about football.
Let's not forget the way he played. He had his own Cruijff-turn and was super agile. Opponents almost never could kick him, just because he saw it coming and avaded the kick.
The whole world will miss him. Not only in Holland and Spain.

Now I know who the PES 2016 model was based on. Can't blame lack of fouls.

Now I'll surely remember Cruijff every time I play :)

Back
Top Bottom