iTunes iPod help

Faz

Balondero
16 December 2007
Liverpool
My laptop broke. So now the only way i can charge my iPod is by plugging it into the adaptor to the mains. The main desktop has all my sisters songs on it, and i want some of them. But i'm scared to plug my iPod in incase all my songs get deleted and replaced by hers. I plugged an older iPod nano into the computer, and nothign happened (as in no song replacing), but it had the settings on "manually manage" and i dont know if my newer one has those settings applied. I know you can change that by plugging your iPod into your own comp and changing it, but my computer is broken! And all my songs are gone, literally have nothing.
So i don't want to risk it by plugging my newer nano in. The old one also allows drag and drop, but ive tried the same with my sisters, and it doesnt. So what will mine do? :S

Anyone got any ideas?
Much appreciated if you do :)

When you plug your iPod in to your sister's computer, iTunes should detect that it's a new iPod to the system and then ask you if you want to sync it to the library. I'd advise choosing no. ;)

After that you should be able to switch it to manually manage and fill your boots.

EDIT: iLounge have a good guide if you want a more comprehensive answer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok mate thanks for the advice, sorry about the late reply =) Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom