Is 1.0 the way to go

nadge

Conference
3 January 2011
Is the game better without the patch?

Thinking of deleting it to see if it's any good

Any feedback would be great

I personally encounter better gameplay overall with 1.00, however I strongly recommend editing a lot of data too. Much better keepers especially, but also lowering long-pass accuracy, individual attack & defence mentalities and most of all.. Andy Carroll. Take his knees off with a mace as he's a warhorse plucked by Konami out of an alternative universe where he scores every match and Mark Lawrenson is outed nationally as a depressed paedophile fisherman.

People were still complaining that in 1.02 players retreated to the box in numbers too quickly, unlike 1.00

In terms of offline, 1.00 is the only playable version to me. Couldn't comprehend those that considered the later ones a 'more realistic' game.

In terms of offline, 1.00 is the only playable version to me. Couldn't comprehend those that considered the later ones a 'more realistic' game.

Are you on ps3
I'm going to try a ml on 1.0 with chimps patch

1.00 defn is better than 1.02. However, there are still a lot of things I don`t like. Probably trading it in this week.

Can anyone tell me specifically what is better about it? I only picked up this years copy a week ago, so I'm still sorting through the issues.

It's just far easier. The CPU is alot less organised, so there is alot more space available. The keepers are shocking though, terrible compared to 1.02.

I play 1.02, and I have no issues now. I've learnt to break down the stubborn defences, and I'm having a blast. It just takes a long time to adjust, but once you have, it's superb. In my opinion.

Can anyone tell me specifically what is better about it? I only picked up this years copy a week ago, so I'm still sorting through the issues.

The CPU plays with realistic defensive lines and doesnt constantly stick 6 men inside the 6 yard box and 4 inside the 18 yard box, alot less deflections & Shooting is less random.

The CPU plays with realistic defensive lines and doesnt constantly stick 6 men inside the 6 yard box and 4 inside the 18 yard box, alot less deflections & Shooting is less random.

This, pretty much. Just plays more like a game of football then a practice match of Attack vs Defence camped in one half.

But like Jimmy says, it's at the expense of the difficulty level and a feeling of acres of space available. Oh, and wank keepers. Still, even then, most enjoyable out of all the releases so far...

Thats the problem with this game. Far too unbalanced. Under the surface it's deep enough, but PES 2011 was far more playable as it just felt a lot more cohesive.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom