If gameplay feels broken, this might help: videosettings.

Enlil

League 1
23 September 2010
I have been seeing allot of post on the internet regarding gameplay being broken.

If:
- responsiveness
- Input lag
- unsatisfying passing/shooting

occure then you might want to change the settings to 720p. Also on ps3. I sound like Adam and KONAMI now, but I was noticing this in night game matches, that the gameplay was totaly broken.

A few days ago 2 friends came over and they played only night matches and they were totaly bashing the game. Yesterday, I asked them if they could come over and they played day matches and have now decided to buy the game. This is so KONAMI. It seems that it has something to do with the t.v. Anyway night and day matches play very good now, online is a different story, cause if anyone doesn't change his settings you still get the above issues online.

I want to share this with everyone, because I think pes 2014 is a very good game with it's usual problems of course.

Wow, I have to say, this should be made common knowledge. I just set my TV on 720p (as opposed to 1080 as it was on by default), and it seems to have made a world of difference. It might be placebo, of course, but I just had my first ever irritation-free PES 2014 game. Every time I lost the ball or got defeated by an opposing player, it was because of a poor or a slow decision I made. Never once during the game did I feel the responsiveness/awareness thing being an issue. Even the cursor changer-issue seemed to be completely gone.

Very weird if this turns out to be the thing, but I sure hope so. Back to playing more games to see if it really does the trick! :)

My ps3 was set to 1080p via hdmi. Switched it to 720p. But i cant find how to switch resolution on my samsung plasma hdtv. Wtf ?

You don't switch it on the TV (which has a fixed resolution), you switch it on the video-output device. In this case it's a games console.

Wow, I have to say, this should be made common knowledge. I just set my TV on 720p (as opposed to 1080 as it was on by default), and it seems to have made a world of difference. It might be placebo, of course, but I just had my first ever irritation-free PES 2014 game. Every time I lost the ball or got defeated by an opposing player, it was because of a poor or a slow decision I made. Never once during the game did I feel the responsiveness/awareness thing being an issue. Even the cursor changer-issue seemed to be completely gone.

Very weird if this turns out to be the thing, but I sure hope so. Back to playing more games to see if it really does the trick! :)

It's not placebo, It has to do with input lag. This was the biggest problem with pes 2008. If you think about it, it is more proof that KONAMI needs to invest in more skilled people and get passed the "only gamplay matters" (taboo). Many people are not enjoying the game because of this problem, which is a shame(because it is a good game) and disaster (KONAMI not testing the game properly, year after year after year) . for the first time ever since pes I am playing against CPU. There are allot of bugs, but the t.v input lag makes this game unplayable. If daytime matches were the same as night time matches, I would have never bothered trying to find a solution for it and therefor I would have just skipped the game. what a way to lose income, fans and excitement (minus the bugs). good to read you are enjoying it.

My ps3 was set to 1080p via hdmi. Switched it to 720p. But i cant find how to switch resolution on my samsung plasma hdtv. Wtf ?

Just force the 720 on the console. I have a friend who brought the game back for ps3 and bought the game on pc.

It seems that it does not work for everyone.

Last edited:
strange thing... I allways play in my Samsung 1080P, but yesterday I played in the HD ready Samsung because I was in bed and I feel the games was more responsive. I will try to force the xbxox to 720P in the other TV.

Back
Top Bottom