I want to play portable PES. Which PSP version is better? PES 5 or PES 6?

Deluxe

Championship
2 September 2005
Like the title say, I have a Vita and I want to play some bed PES, Which one do you recommend?

PES 2008 on PSP is the one you want.

PES 5 on PSP unfortunately released without Master League. It's Exhibition and Cups and Leagues only.

PES 6 had ML I believe so if you can only get that, get that.

But PES 2008 just plays superbly. Exactly like the PS2 version. They'd nailed the PSP thing by then.

Last edited:
IIRC pre 2008 or 2009 there is also some technical issues, some massive framedrop when a lot players are crowded on screen, like conrer kicks.

IIRC pre 2008 or 2009 there is also some technical issues, some massive framedrop when a lot players are crowded on screen, like conrer kicks.
That's certainly true of PES 5 on PSP. I recall it well because it seemed inevitable that the greatest ever Golden Age PES would result in a comparable handheld game, and it was so disappointing when it came out minus ML and with the technical issues. PES 5 on PS2 wasn't without some issues – no crowd, and loooong loading times. Black screen for up to a minute if you made a sub, etc.

I played some PES 2008 on PSP a few weeks ago when I came across my PSP in a drawer, and charged it to see if it would work. PES 2008 was the UMD still in the drive. I played a few matches in my ML save and, barring the fiddliness of no R2 button, it stands up.

Back
Top Bottom