I can't understand the complaints about PES 2008?

Marc_Everton

Non-League
28 April 2005
Merseyside
Everton
Read over at a few forums including PES Fan, and I can't understand why people hate it so much.

Loads of people saying "its shit" without stating what is shit?

In my opinion, its solved the problems that PES6 had. The difference betwwen the good players and bad players is much better.

my lag doesnt bother me much now. at first it did but now i dont seem to notice it as much. things in the game that annoy me are the ref and his god damn whistle, the penalty camera view and the way the ref will award free kicks or pens on a challenge that isnt even near the play. apart from that i like it. i like the fact the stadiums are full! lol and im loving some of the outside of the boot shots ive scored....sexy.

It's a love-hate relationship with me.
I actually enjoy playing Master League in this version, for the first time in goodness knows how many years.

Well on the one hand it's a shame that such a messy game (lag, slowdown) was brought in retail, i do wonder if Konami have test players...and if they have...they should fire them.
On the other hand, it's not as bad as most people say...i still like the gameplay (i prefer it to PES6, although the dribbling is too easy). I'm mainly a ML player and i'm waiting for an option file before starting a new one. I seriously hope that you are right about how much fun playing ML is.

Well if you're a regular ML player, then you may find it the same old ML it always was.
I, on the other hand never played the cpu in previous versions once I had won the cups in cup mode, because I found the cpu an easy and predictable opponent.
In this version the cpu is a challenge(at least for me), and the cpu doesn't go down the wing every single attack.
Therefore, for the first time in years I'm enjoying the ML, even with all the gameplay bugs.

I could probably live with the slowdown and the rest, but the crazy deflection physics are what really piss me off. That's an entirely new, um, development, in the series.

I really like the game, me and my friends spent hours yesterday playing it, i hate the refs though, they call everything, and give u yellow cards for everything, the cpu is a lot harder, in pes6 it was easy to beat them even in the hardest level, now they're a lot tougher and smarter, i have no slowdown in my hd tv with the wide camera so i dont have any complains about that, even replays i can watch them and no slowdown, online play is still messed up i wish they'd fix it cuz that's one of the main reasons i bought the game

It's not perfect, but I'm still really enjoying it and I'm sure once they get the hang of things with the PS3 and by the time next years edition comes around, we'll have a real classy game in our hands.

It was the same with the first version on the PS2 as well - it still pisses all over fifa...

The gameplay has been what always matters to me and I think its great! Much better than PES6. Haven't played online yet, haven't started a Master League but up until now I am loving. Ok the replays are shite but that doesn't really deflect from what is IMO a good game.

TBH after seeing the highlights from europe over the past few weeks I find the Gks more than realistic :P

I don't have any problems with the keepers. Sure, they make mistakes. But I still get realistic results (15 min. games) For me they are an improvement !
The only thing that bothers me is the slowdown/tearing and the unusable online mode -> shouldn't happen in a final release version.

I like the game as it is (if those BLOODY BUGS get fixed, finally). If the moanings/bad reviews help to improve the game even faster, it's a good thing...

Back
Top Bottom