Huge Master League Problems - WHY??

cduin

Conference
21 July 2004
Bergen, Netherlands
PSV
Hi all,

I really like PES this year and I try to like the Master League as well, but because of two simple errors by Konami it seems impossible to enjoy it; these are the two major faults:

- Not able in any way whatsoever to sign players from national teams that are not in a club team; Beckham, Ribery and more are NOT THERE; what the...?!

- Fake D2 teams are non-erasable; you can put other teams in D2, but the teams keep appearing in the 'Other' clubs and their fake players keep dominating the Master League.

I was so thrilled to play the Master League this year but I really do not understand Konami's reasoning behind these things; every step forward is two steps back, it seems...grrrr....

Hopefully a patch will be able to sort out these problems!

You are right, what can I say?

Hehe silence is perhaps the best reaction to this...I don't know how to call it. Again, I absolutely love the gameplay this year; the music and the menu's are better as well, yet this thing destroys the game. Of course you can register a national player you want to a clubteam and sign him, but searching for talents in national squads is now impossible.

Also, the players of those 16 fake teams Konami created are too good; they are very cheap and very skillful. No way to get rid of these players, they dominate the scouting lists.

TBH i'd rather have the Master League littered with players who i don't know rather that the 17yo Maldini's/Sheringhams etc

But not having the National team players buyable is a bit rubbish. The mode as a whole is so much better though that i can live with it!

I think you can easily replace the fictional teams with teams from the "Others B" list.. You only have to have the patience to edit the teams of the 2nd division of your choice over teams A-R..
So, the problem of having the ML full of fictional players is gone..

Now we only have to see if someone can "unlock" national players in ML..

I think you can easily replace the fictional teams with teams from the "Others B" list.. You only have to have the patience to edit the teams of the 2nd division of your choice over teams A-R..
So, the problem of having the ML full of fictional players is gone..

Now we only have to see if someone can "unlock" national players in ML..

This doesn't work; I created five teams in Others B, but the fake teams they replaced are still there..

my biggest problem with the ml is the fact, that there are no young players like kaiser, schwarz, rowland, bos ect. to sign. The "group" young players is gone :(

the transfer window in the middle of the season was so exciting for me only because of those talents :RANT:

This doesn't work; I created five teams in Others B, but the fake teams they replaced are still there..
Well, maybe this is possible only in the PC version:

You can choose to fill the D2 with any of the "other European teams", "other South American teams" or "other generic teams" you like..

Well, maybe this is possible only in the PC version:

You can choose to fill the D2 with any of the "other European teams", "other South American teams" or "other generic teams" you like..

Yes, but the fake teams still exists in the master league. Their players will still be available to be bought. For example, if you add Boca, River and Internacional to D2, 3 fake teams will be listed after that on "other south American teams".

Also.. I didn't know that you couldn't buy FA from national teams... but it's true! I've just stopped playing it until there is a patch. That's an incredibly bug!

Yes, but the fake teams still exists in the master league. Their players will still be available to be bought. For example, if you add Boca, River and Internacional to D2, 3 fake teams will be listed after that on "other south American teams"
My fault, then.. I haven't reached the transfer window yet so I wasn't aware of that..

I guess that it has something to do with replacing the teams in the "default D2 league" and it can be done with this tool: http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55034

But, this time, I'm quite sure it's just for PC and (maybe) XBOX360..

Yes, but the fake teams still exists in the master league. Their players will still be available to be bought. For example, if you add Boca, River and Internacional to D2, 3 fake teams will be listed after that on "other south American teams".

Also.. I didn't know that you couldn't buy FA from national teams... but it's true! I've just stopped playing it until there is a patch. That's an incredibly bug!

This is pretty shit then :(

I guess the only way for us not to see them is Konami giving us the ability to edit the fake teams or take them out totally and just randomly add the clubs from other teams. Why the hell were they added in the first place?

Last edited:
I would personally be happy if we could just edit these teams' players.. This would be a dream coming true to me..

These are the things I would do then:

- Adding a mix of Serie B / Lega Pro to "Others B"

- Edit these "fictional" players belonging to "fictional" D2 teams lowering their stats and changing their names/appearance: I'd love to have a mix of friends of mine in those teams, plus some "old glories" from ISS (such as Allejo and Kleimann.. anyone remember?), from VS (such as Rodrigues, Jimenez, Ferreira, Aleksandric), and some fictional characters I used to play ML with (Sandonato, Kostner, Scotti, Ferreri)

- Start a new ML with Calcio Como (with "real roster") in order to be able to buy some of the players above during the ML transfer window..

I only have to see if the "league editor" allows me to add those teams in edit mode and modify their players, then remove them again from edit mode..

Are you sure there's no 'unlocking' to be done, so that you can customise ML as you like? They normally do that, no? At least on PS2. I can't believe you're unable to sign national team players. Why would they do that? There's almost no point in me editing their correct names if i'll never see them in ML then.

Are you sure there's no 'unlocking' to be done, so that you can customise ML as you like? They normally do that, no? At least on PS2. I can't believe you're unable to sign national team players. Why would they do that? There's almost no point in me editing their correct names if i'll never see them in ML then.

No unlocking needed mate. You can swap teams around as you like. Only gripes are not being able to sign players not participating in the ML and the fake D2 teams, whom I don't see a reason why they are there, and even when swapped, their players still appear in ML :II

I also thought it could be "modified" at your will because I saw that you could replace those fictional teams with some "Other B" teams (and with any of the "Other A" you wanted.. But here I read that, when you get into the first transfer window, ML is flooded with those "fictional" players..

A solution would be "move" the free agents like Beckham in these "fictional" teams and see if it works..
So you can't buy them immediately but they get available at the first transfer window..
By the way, there's 18 teams to fill so there would be space for more than 360 players (well I've considered fictional teams being of only 20 players for "multiplying ease" needs), if we could register free agents to those teams..

Back
Top Bottom