How is the PS3 online?

Don't be too scared. The video is something like a worst case scenario to lower expectation so that you won't end up disappointed. ;) Most matches are not like that. I don't have the game myself, but summarizing the things I've read:
1) Lag or delay when playing people from the same city is minimal.
2) PES2009 online let 1 of the players be the host for the whole game, the other player is client. There is no lag for the host, ie., host has advantage over the client.
3) Even experienced players find it hard to defend online, resulting in very high score games like 6-4 etc.
4) No obvious difference between 360 and PS3 versions.

Whether these are good or bad things depend on how you look at it. Some may love the fact that you can host a game to gain a no-lag advantage over the clients. The host can even choose to cheat a bit by starting a PC download etc. with the same internet connection to induce more lag for the opponent.

I own a ps3 and regularly play online and now and then me and friends swear our next console will be a 360 because of online service quality, so I agree with chris and iluvnineties. Even a patched 350 would do.

XBL has been known to blow PSN out the water for decades now.

That's contrary to the general opinion I've read over the last year if you are talking about online lag. Lag mostly depends on the individual game. The biggest differences are the online shop on Xbox Live have more content and voice chat support is not standardized yet on the PS3 side. I have to say though, I have neither PS3 nor X360 at this point.

Well this sort of thing is more a matter of opinion, the fact you have to pay to get demo's early is a joke. Online should always be free.

Plus I prefer tthe PS3 community it seems a little more mature.

I don't really notice any difference other than those.

Don't be too scared. The video is something like a worst case scenario to lower expectation so that you won't end up disappointed. ;) Most matches are not like that. I don't have the game myself, but summarizing the things I've read

You don't own the game but you can quote things you've read? :BLINK:

I have quoted you correctly haven't I??? :CONFUSE:

If you own a PS3 or Xbox 360 and want online footy, do yourself a favour and get FIFA 09.

I have both games and there's no comparison this year.

Last edited:
So... anyone out there with a 360 AND a PS3 that can give me a solid answer as to which one is better, or if they both suck?

I mean I can play Madden on the PS3 vs someone in NY with no or very little lag... can you do that in PES?

the most annoying thing about PES 2009 online is defending--true in PC version and from what I've seen on PS3 so far. Piss poor positional sense/AI from the defenders on your side.

You don't own the game but you can quote things you've read? :BLINK:

I have quoted you correctly haven't I??? :CONFUSE:

If you own a PS3 or Xbox 360 and want online footy, do yourself a favour and get FIFA 09.

I have both games and there's no comparison this year.

You've read it right. :) I figured since I've went to different places online to sample people's opinions (to help my own decision), I may as well share my findings. Indeed, anyone who can accept FIFA09 don't need to bother about PES09 online.

On my end,ps3 online seem to be working very fine. I don't know if it boils now to ya internet connection or server. I have nothing to worry about and find games with ease.

massdanero, any one up for a game holla at me.

Back
Top Bottom