How do i install the PS3 pes2008 fixes/updates without use PS3 internet?

jayz123

Premier League
8 January 2005
S-O-T
Man Utd
At the moment i have no way to hook the PS3 upto the net. My modem has no ethernet socket and i have no router:(

Is there a way to install from other media usb dvd ect...

thanks

welcome to ps3 mate

not sure regarding your question fella, iv'e got Netgear through sky..and can choose either wireless or ethernet

somebody must know how

Ok cheers Dan.

I managed to download the update onto my PC, its 130mb in size and the file extension is a .pkg file type.
Do i still need to set up a proxy server to run these files?

As far as I'm aware Jay, you just need to put it onto a memory stick and you should be able to update through that. I've never done the updates any other way than the Network method but it is possible.

Give it a shot, I'd say the PS3 will just recognise the file on the USB when you select it and do the rest for you. :)

EDIT: Apparently this is what you'll need to create on the USB key for it to recognise the file mate...

You need to create a /PS3/UPDATE/ folder and put the pkg file in there.

EDIT2: Got a link for you mate - http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/About/SystemUpdate/pc_update.html#update_PC

Last edited:
Nice one man:)

Edit: I try that method but it just shows as corrupt data. I noticed the system update file is a .pup file, my pes2008 update is a .pkg file:(

It must need you to access the store to authenticate the download.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom