Hmmm, strange offside goal

First one could be considered separate phase of play (Hard to tell, but I think after the keepers save it's come off the defender, not the attacker).

But the second is just ridiculous (almost like Pool rules! You fouled so I can choose to foul now...)

Last edited:
I thought about that m8. Then I thought that surely the CF can't have an offside loophole by being in the goal? And can just step onto the field to tap in goals from an offside position ?

All a CF would have to do in the six yard box is jump into the goal to avoid offside - then jump back on again to score

Last edited:
I thought about that m8. Then I thought that surely the CF can't have an offside loophole by being in the goal? And can just step onto the field to tap in goals from an offside position ?

All a CF would have to do in the six yard box is jump into the goal to avoid offside - then jump back on again to score

He technically is out of play Bull, so it's a fair ruling. Much the same as if a player is outside the byline and then returns back onside. It's technically legit.

IRL you will be offside if you step over the goalline and jump back onto pitch to avoid offside. That is why you dont see this problem irl. The players know it.

Special cases:
An offensive player who is in offside position and off the field for tactical reasons hereby commits not an offense in itself. But if the judge finds that he, when he enters again obtains an unfair advantage he shall be cautioned for sporting behavior.

A defensive player who deliberately leave
court order to place an offensive player
in an offside position, should be warned of
to leave the court without the referee's permission
but it is not necessary for the judge to
stop the game immediately to warn
the player. The attacker should not be punished for the
offside position, he has been placed in the
unfair means.

An offensive player that the game is under
come out of one of the boundaries and now
fails to enter to avoid being offside,
commits nothing illegal.

A defensive player in the game under
happen to come off the court, shall,
assessment of offside position considered
standing at the finish line.

Last edited:
IRL you will be offside if you step over the goalline and jump back onto pitch to avoid offside. That is why you dont see this problem irl. The players know it.

Special cases:
An offensive player who is in offside position and off the field for tactical reasons hereby commits not an offense in itself. But if the judge finds that he, when he enters again obtains an unfair advantage he shall be cautioned for sporting behavior.

A defensive player who deliberately leave
court order to place an offensive player
in an offside position, should be warned of
to leave the court without the referee's permission
but it is not necessary for the judge to
stop the game immediately to warn
the player. The attacker should not be punished for the
offside position, he has been placed in the
unfair means.

An offensive player that the game is under
come out of one of the boundaries and now
fails to enter to avoid being offside,
commits nothing illegal.

A defensive player in the game under
happen to come off the court, shall,
assessment of offside position considered
standing at the finish line.

That's the problem though, the CPU isnt coded to either appreciate or understand it, therefore it is legit.

As for offside goals being counted, I'm all for that to be honest. And as long as the game doesnt change to accomadate a 3rd eye, it will always be, part and parcel of football. Hence the reason I fully promote any addition, as long as isnt too frequent or blatant.

Last edited:
That's the problem though, the CPU isnt coded to either appreciate or understand it, therefore it is legit.

As for offside goals being counted, I'm all for that to be honest. And as long as the game doesnt change to accomadate a 3rd eye, it will always be, part and parcel of football. Hence the reason I fully promote any addition, as long as isnt too frequent or blatant.

Actually FIFA is now considering revising the offside rule. Just check FIFA.com

That second example looks like it could be a bug. Make sure someone lets Konami know about that video. Have you been able to replicate it again to see if it was a one off?

The first one doesn't appear to be offside though - as others have said, Di Vaio actually looks really intelligent. He waits outside the field of play until the ball is actually played by the defender then walks back into the field of play for a tap in ;)

On 2nd looks it's a bit less clear. I don't think it's a definite offside. His momentum carried him into the goal - it wasn't a case of jumping over the line for the sake of being sneaky. Then he starts to walk back out amidst a scramble and the ball finds its way to him. Whether or not the rules mentioned above have been properly coded, it would be interesting to see whether a real life linesman would have flagged for offside in this situation.

Last edited:
For the second one, we need to see
- the goal celebration,
- also scoreboard changes,
- is there any player at the bottom sideline ? .

That vid is not enough to judge an ridiculuous offside goal bug, for me.

if it would have been stopped by an offside whistle, all players except the controlled one would have stopped playing by that whistle sound. and ot would have been in the moment the ball reached the player. if this was given offside he would have not been able to come so far to score !!

For the second one, we need to see
- the goal celebration,
- also scoreboard changes,
- is there any player at the bottom sideline ? .

That vid is not enough to judge an ridiculuous offside goal bug, for me.

what more do you want?

it's a real BUG, and it has happen a few more times with my friend, playing online and offline..

every time a freekick is taken quickly the offside rule is ignored :(

I hope the new update that is coming in november attends this BUG.

Back
Top Bottom