HIDE tags?

Chuny

-
11 December 2007
Hey!
I was just wondering if you could add the [HIDE] [/HIDE] tags so that the hidden part only will be visible to those who replied to that post/thead.
Very valuable anti-leeching system. It's somewhat annoying for modders and editors to have a lot of people visiting you thread and downloading (then maybe even re-upload to their own sites) without even saying "Thanks" or whatever.

Hope you'll at least consider it.

Thanks.

I'm looking to create a hidden team to dump players I do not want in master league( something like euro/world classic teams) and just saw this.

So reply for testing puposes.

Edit: it works.

***Hidden content cannot be quoted.***
It's set to hide until someone has replied. Let me know if that's working how you would like.

Sorry Mart, I was on vacations so I couldn't see this earlier.
Thanks a lot!

I will test it soon.
However, may I ask if it starts displaying hidden content after anyone's first post or if it will only be shown to that person who replied to the thread while remain hidden to those who haven't posted there?.

It should only show to the person that has replied to a thread and will remain hidden to anyone else.

Oh, this is a pretty little addition. Thanks! :)
By the way, @Mart , the HIDE tags work as expected (I saw you were "testing HIDE tags" there). :PP

We had to change this as it's causing an issue with moderated posts. Unfortunately the add-on isn't supported any more so if this change doesn't work we'll need to remove it completely.

It now works on thread "thanks", which I assume means likes rather than actual replies to a thread.

Reactions: Tom
We had to change this as it's causing an issue with moderated posts. Unfortunately the add-on isn't supported any more so if this change doesn't work we'll need to remove it completely.

It now works on thread "thanks", which I assume means likes rather than actual replies to a thread.

Thanks for the heads up.
But I couldn't quite understand how it's supposed to work now?

Thanks for the heads up.
But I couldn't quite understand how it's supposed to work now?

Instead of having to type a reply to see the links, a "Like" button press is sufficient now. At least in theory, because it's still in testing and a band-aid method for now.

Prior to this, the system we had implemented was tied to our general "one-post-anti-spambot" rule. New or existing users who post for the first time will be queued and manually approved by us to make sure they're not bots. This has proven to work just lovely without being much of a hassle for us. Now the problem that presented itself to us over the last couple of weeks is that certain files, like the EvoSwitcher and its updates, attract new users like flies. These new users only post to get the download links, which, because it's tied to our anti-spambot measure, then sends their "Thanks" (or whatever) posts into our queue to be looked at and approved. The issue with this is that everyone will have to wait for their post to be approved buuuut everyone's also an impatient little bitch who doesn't get what's going on here and posts again. And again. And again. Because they think their post went into the void instead of our queue. This clogs up our queue with lets say 30 posts waiting to be approved by only three different members within merely minutes. It's insane. This needed to go for sanity's sake.

Back
Top Bottom