Help with online problem

Musy

League 2
21 December 2009
London, UK
MAN UTD
On Ps3, when I login to online mode I get this message:
"You can only play 1vs1 Ranked matches. This is due to restrictions placed on your connection by Networking devices you are using.
This issue may be solved by connecting your hardware directly to the internet or by configuring your networking device such as your router. Apply DMZ, Port mapping, NAT Table configurations"

I'm not sure this is the right place to get help. But was wondering if anyone else got this problem. I'm using an O2 broadand box and it's a wired connection.

Weird thing is, Friendly match and 2v2 ranked matches are greyed out, but after I play a 1vs1 ranked match, they become selectable. However, going into match lobbies doesn't work.

Last edited:
Solved the problem!!!!! Yes!, Just got out an old netgear router and switched it with the o2 one. Get in!

I have a similar problem. I also have an O2 wireless box and can only play 1v1 online.

I have no problems playing on XBOX Live for any other games. And on COD: Black Ops my NAT is open, anybody have ideas? I'd be very grateful.

Hey Nick. I know the feeling. First thing to try is inside PES main menu, go to system settings, then Port settings. If it's on off, change it to Auto. This worked for people on some other forum

Musy I think that option is only for PS3, can't find it on XBOX. Thanks.

It's a little frustrating that the game gives you such a vague "explanation" as to what's wrong. May as well just say "router not working properly".

Check your ports. I manually forwarded UDP port 6112 on my router and it works whilst other ports didn't for some reason.

Also, it helps to assign your ps3 a fixed ip on your network.

From Konami's website for PES2011

I have problems connecting to the online mode of PES.

If you receive an error message that you are unable to connect to the server, it basically means that you have one or more ports blocked on your internet connection. They can either be blocked by your Internet Service Provider, or if you are using a router, modem with router function or firewall software. We cannot recommend the usage of W-Lan or websticks. If you use one of the mentioned devices in order to connect to the internet, please switch to wired connection in order to improve the connection stability and speed. If the Router you are using is compatible with UPnP, please make sure that the UPnP function is enabled. Please disable any firewall/antivirus program on your pc. Also disable the Router?s Firewall function and make sure you the following ports aren't blocked by your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and are open on your router (refer to the Router Manual in order to this): Please also ensure that DMZ is activated. PC: TCP: 80, 44, 4000-4200, 6112 UDP: Auto mode: 5730-5739, 6112 Manual mode: It is possible to set any UDP port number from the "settings.exe" in the Konami Start menu folder. PS3: TCP: 80, 443, 5000-5200, 6112 UDP: Auto mode: 3658, 5730-5739, 6112 *default is 3658 Manual mode: It is possible to set any port UDP number from "Port Settings" menu on the "System Settings" in the PlayStations main screen. Xbox360 TCP: 53, 80, 3074, 6112 UDP: 53,88, 3074, 6112 * based on the Xbox Live port information http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908874/uk?sd=xbox

Back
Top Bottom