18 August 2018
Ireland
Cover:
wallpapersden.com_hell-let-loose-game_1920x1080.jpg
Platforms: PS5/Xbox NG/PC
Release Date: June 6 2019

Developer: Black Matter/Team 17
Genre: Action/FPS/Sim/Strategy

I believe this game deserves its own thread, as there was nothing quite like it on Consoles up until now.

Its the toughest, most intense tactical shooter I have played since Operation Flashpoint 20 years ago.
Not many developers are brave enough to create something like this, especially on consoles.

This is what I always wanted Battlefield to be.

It is for sure a nice tactical shooter. But I'm not interessted to play with (must have) Headset together with wanna be generals and stupid fucking nazis.

If it had bots I would buy it and play it on PC. To kick some german ass'es!

It is for sure a nice tactical shooter. But I'm not interessted to play with (must have) Headset together with wanna be generals and stupid fucking nazis.

You don't have to use a headset, but if you don't work as a team then your just running and gunning and getting instantly killed.

• Staff
You don't have to use a headset, but if you don't work as a team then your just running and gunning and getting instantly killed.
Quite often I have my headset on, but Im not talking, from various reasons.
A lot of times I play late night and dont want to wake family up.
Doesnt stop me from playing as a team and following the lead. Can still tag enemies, support others and say short commands.
You can always team up with few friends as well.
Statement from Carlos above is a bit baffling to me.
Fortunately - the sort of attitude he described is not present in the game, since all immature players have moved on to more arcade shooters.

Reactions: Tom
Hell Let Loose has never had immature players, it is definitely a more mature game, as it requires so much more patience than BF.
It is the main reason why I normally play Escape from Tarkov as their is not many kids playing it.

• Staff
Hell Let Loose has never had immature players, it is definitely a more mature game, as it requires so much more patience than BF.
Well, it was free on PS Plus for the whole October, so it took a while to sieve them out on Consoles.
Same thing goes when/if it gets to GamePass.

My main gripe now is inability to pick a server on consoles. You have only option to find a match. If there are 8 people on the server and I quit to find another - it usually throws me to the same one.

Sorry to make a mistake maybe.

I don't talk about kids. I mean adult people.
For example, some years ago I played Rising Storm 2 Vietnam. And I was maybe on the wrong Server. But one of these wanna be generels talk to how to play the game right. I didn't accepted and some seconds later I was kicked or banned from the Session.

This stupid story made me angry, and I lost the interest in such of these games. Same with the game Squad, I would buy but only with bots.

And yea Steam is full with damn nazis!

But ok guys if you enjoy the game I don't have something against you.

PS look at my signature, sorry for my bad english.

Thinking about this, and sorry again. Was not meaned to offened you mates.

:BEER:

Dont worry about it.
You didnt offend anybody.
Just try not to judge something based on one bad experience.
If I was to go by this rule I wouldnt play anything, ever.
Online crowd can be unbearable, but there are also nice people there and fun to be had, whether its football games, war games or any other games.
Some games attract particular type of crowd, but fortunately - most people I met on HLL are very nice and helpful.

Btw
Moments like this are scary as fuck...

Dont worry about it.
You didnt offend anybody.
Just try not to judge something based on one bad experience.
If I was to go by this rule I wouldnt play anything, ever.
Online crowd can be unbearable, but there are also nice people there and fun to be had, whether its football games, war games or any other games.
Some games attract particular type of crowd, but fortunately - most people I met on HLL are very nice and helpful.

Btw
Moments like this are scary as fuck...
Cheers Emroth!

And your yt video:
You lucky boy it was so close. 😎

Still playing this, almost exclusively, so I dont really post in other threads recently.
Best shooter ever to come out on consoles - hands down.
Im lvl46 now and only now Im getting my head around all the mechanics - supply runs, building defences, where to place them, when to retreat, when to flank, when to push.
Its a complex and challenging game, but certainly not as scary as many people think.

Watch few clips on youtube if you're eager, but id say just start as a rifleman and follow the lead. There's more than enough people who know what they are doing, so leave them at it.
It might seems complicated at the start, but its basically taking over objectives and defending them.
The whole approach from the fighting point of view is the toughest to adjust.
Using prone, cover and leaning instead of running head on. Takes a lot of patience.
Rest will come in time itself.

Gentleman, you can say to me: I'm a new PC soldier at WWII... But I'm still a noob. :FISH:

Im still playing it myself.
Lvl80 now. Dont think I ever reached that kind of level on any Shooter before. This just doesnt get boring.

Im usually with squad of mates, but I do have to say - even random people are sound in this game.
There was a short period of time, when all the Xmas Trolls appeared and there was a lot of team killing, but that seems gone now. They all probably moved to CoD or Fortnite.

Best tactical shooter that ever came out on consoles by a mile.

And headshots in this game are awesome!

I don't know how it is on consols but on PC it is difficult to find a (and the best) server. The official servers (europe) are at 99,99% empty.

And I'm on level 19 or so and rifle gunner & officer level 3.

I don't know how it is on consols but on PC it is difficult to find a (and the best) server. The official servers (europe) are at 99,99% empty.

And I'm on level 19 or so and rifle gunner & officer level 3.
On PC Id suggest to google discord Hell Let Loose clans. Seems that most people on PC are part of some clan and play on private servers to make sure no one is cheating and people are using comms.
Im sure there are plenty of new player friendly clans that will show you the ropes.

On consoles, as it stands, we dont have a luxury of community servers, or even server browser. You just search for match, which is far from ideal.

On PC Id suggest to google discord Hell Let Loose clans. Seems that most people on PC are part of some clan and play on private servers to make sure no one is cheating and people are using comms.
Im sure there are plenty of new player friendly clans that will show you the ropes.

On consoles, as it stands, we dont have a luxury of community servers, or even server browser. You just search for match, which is far from ideal.
Thanks Emroth! :)

All I need is a microphone now, but time will tell.

Have you collected any commission yet?

Thanks Emroth! :)

All I need is a microphone now, but time will tell.

It is a struggle these days with PC servers, the game hasn't been that popular since mid/late 2020.
It had a short spike when it was released on console, but generally the PC player base isn't that high and as Emroth said the people who do play it, play on private servers.

I used to really enjoy it back in the day, but I heard they have now added tanks to the game - When I played it, I swear there were just a couple of recon vehicles and it was mainly all infantry.

Have you collected any commission yet?
Hey! Battlefield 2042 is calling you back! They are missing their 4th player and cant split the teams evenly!

It had a short spike when it was released on console, but generally the PC player base isn't that high and as Emroth said the people who do play it, play on private servers.

I used to really enjoy it back in the day, but I heard they have now added tanks to the game - When I played it, I swear there were just a couple of recon vehicles and it was mainly all infantry.
There are tanks alright. This years roadmap looks impressive, but no dates or anything. Consoles are still one update behind, without Eastern Front update.
Team17 taking over Black Matter might give them more resources and a little push.

But you are right - PC is a bit spoiled when it comes to milsims, so the playerbase is splitting between all of them.
On consoles we dont really have anything else like it. Id love to see Squad, or Arma, or Beyond The Wire, or Post Scriptum ported and hopefully HLL will show other developers that there is an interest for this type of games on consoles.

Last edited:
Hey! Battlefield 2042 is calling you back! They are missing their 4th player and cant split the teams evenly!

There are tanks alright. This years roadmap looks impressive, but no dates or anything. Consoles are still one update behind, without Eastern Front update.
Team17 taking over Black Matter might give them more resources and a little push.

But you are right - PC is a bit spoiled when it comes to milsims, so the playerbase is splitting between all of them.
On consoles we dont really have anything else like it. Id love to see Squad, or Arma, or Beyond The Wire, or Post Scriptum ported and hopefully HLL will show other developers that there is an interest for this type of games on consoles.
I don't wanna go back.

Im still playing it myself.
Lvl80 now. Dont think I ever reached that kind of level on any Shooter before. This just doesnt get boring.

Im usually with squad of mates, but I do have to say - even random people are sound in this game.
There was a short period of time, when all the Xmas Trolls appeared and there was a lot of team killing, but that seems gone now. They all probably moved to CoD or Fortnite.

Best tactical shooter that ever came out on consoles by a mile.

And headshots in this game are awesome!
Well done, Sgt. M! 👏
Your lvl progression really shows how much you enjoy the game. Keep it up soldier! :)

One year later and the game went through some rollercoasters..

Team17 officially bought the game from Black Matter and became it's main developer.
About 6 months ago they decided to appeal to more casual crowd, so they increased running speed, which subsequently destroyed the entire balance that the game had. People were zigzagging and jumping around like in Call of Duty, the whole game got royally fucked.

Fortunately - playebase had none of it. They started bombarding Team17 with negative reviews, feedback and player count dropped to a point where Team17 actually apologised and reversed all the changes.

(Really wish something like this happened with football games)

Anyways - 6 months later, reviews started getting good again, players returned and now the game went to gamepass, which is a good thing in one way, but brought tough and challenging times yet again.

Servers are filled with low level players who don't have a clue how to play and quite often ruins the matches for others. There is a lot of team killing and idiots running around and screaming insults.

But I know it will settle down. Call of Duty kids will get bored soon and those who like the game and are patient enough - will stay, learn and become savage players.

I'm just using this time to level up all the classes again, coz I went from Xbox to PS5 and I had to start level grind to unlock all the loadouts from scratch.

But the servers on consoles are full at any time of a day and it's a great thing!

I have well over 300hrs on this game now and it's getting close to my most played game of all time.

Back
Top Bottom