Have you experienced any "WOW"s in this game?

Isslander

Gordon's alive!
3 August 2003
Iceland
Liverpool
Playing the latest PES for me has had it's ups and downs, just like any other year. Difficulty seems to have been toned down which is a downer (For most experienced players the game includes 4 useless difficulty levels... what's the point?) but I didn't want to go into that here. What is missing the most this year for me are the "WOW did you see that!" moments where you witness something totally new you have never seen before. I want to ask, have you had these moments? Here's what I have seen so far:

Positive Wows:
-They have colored nets!
-Players look mint!
-They changed the ML!
-You can score from far away again!

Negative Wows or W00ts:
-They used to have great advantage rule but still it's not back (refs giving yellow after game stops)

Colored nets are on the top of my WOW-list which is a bit sad.

My wow is crap some of the keepers are! I seem to be able to score lots of long range goals which the keepers fluff a lot!

Also I have missed an absolute sitter which I saved, will put the vid on here later when I get home

Yeah the biggest wow i get is when i score a nicely placed one-on-one style goal. It looks brilliant and it's so satisfying.

I have a negative wow everytime i get hacked down and don't get a free-kick.

It is 1-1 between Blackburn and Wolves. Deep into injury time I (Rovers) get a corner. I push my Samba, Nelson and Salgado forward thinking that it is now or never. Pedersen floats the corner in, Samba rises and heads the ball into the bottom corner. Felt really great!

I had a moment like that in a Champions League game, played with Juve and was drawing against Panathinakos, moved all three defenders forward with "player to go up" when I get a corner, fluff the first cross but Legrottaglie is still there when a second cross gets fired into the box, he heads it in and it's game over in injury time!

Such a shame you can't bring keepers up now.

I had a moment like that in a Champions League game, played with Juve and was drawing against Panathinakos, moved all three defenders forward with "player to go up" when I get a corner, fluff the first cross but Legrottaglie is still there when a second cross gets fired into the box, he heads it in and it's game over in injury time!

Such a shame you can't bring keepers up now.

Select your keeper to take the corner in the last min ;)

Negative Wows or W00ts:
-They used to have great advantage rule but still it's not back (refs giving yellow after game stops)

Negs
The advantage rule without a doubt!
Right hand penalty area bright light blindness on day matches.

Pos
Better overall play.
Certain parts are easier to mod than last year ie adboards

Pos.

-Funny and smooth gameplay
-Nice looking grass
-Ball Physic/shooting
-Master league + Champions League is great
-Colored nets system is very smart
-Nets animations is almost perfect
-Crossing is improved
-Licensed Strips are very detailed (does anybody noticed club long dressed puma shirts? (look at the sleeves))

Neg.
-Untucked shirt is not noticeable during gameplay but only during replays
-You cannot change transfers details
-online is better but too slow
-many unlicensed teams/Bundesliga missing

+ve

Wow! Awesome graphics and player faces.
Wow! The shooting feels great.
Wow! The PES feeling is back.

-ve

Wow! How lenient are the referees?
Wow! The animations really do need a lot of work.
Wow! Why have Konami removed stadiums from the game? (Rasunda, Allianz, Olimpico Torino)

Arsenal vs Real Madrid against my mate. Nasri collects a clearance from a Real corner, turns and passes a diagonal ball to Diaby who takes with one touch and plays a 1-2 with Van Persie, now on the edge of the box. Van Persie controls it, takes two steps and chips a perfect through ball over Albiol and into onrushing Diaby's path. Diaby hits it first time ala Di Canio:

YouTube - Paolo Di Canio Goal V Wimbeldon
but it cannons back off the bar to be hacked clear by Real's defence.

We watched it a couple of times on replay, all looked so silky.

Coming back from FIFA my first WOWs were the shooting, 40 yard screamers, it's worn off a little as I find it far too easy to bang off great shots every game though, maybe got too used to it being hard as hell in FIFA...

Just one big WOW !!!!

phenomenal.jpg

What's funny about what Charlie said there? He's bang on!

This is nothing more than a cosmetic update and they've charged us £40 for it. It's a damn disgrace.

The free content I downloaded from PSN for Burnout had more substance to it then PES 2010 has.

The game is broken beyond repair in my opinion. They have to go back and start from scratch. No chance of that though.

+ve wow - how balanced the defender vs winger battle is and how you can score from most places on the pitch without the scorelines going mental.

-ve wow - how they've gone about making this possible. Wingers dribble awfully but defenders are just as bad at standing tackles, meaning that players can run past you even if you're practically standing on the ball. Meanwhile keepers can't save anything remotely hard (the only reason they punch it out so much IRL is because the lighter balls move around in the air), and a shot from an acute angle is very likely to hit the woodwork or go in.

What's funny about what Charlie said there? He's bang on!

This is nothing more than a cosmetic update and they've charged us £40 for it. It's a damn disgrace.

The free content I downloaded from PSN for Burnout had more substance to it then PES 2010 has.

The game is broken beyond repair in my opinion. They have to go back and start from scratch. No chance of that though.

good post! I DISagree 100%:BOP:

just had a small 'wow'

I scored a goal and the camera showed my player celebrating and behind him a big screen was showing 'GOLO!' (I was playing away againsrt Dinamo Kyev)

Negative Wows or W00ts:

it is in the game. cpu fouled me, the game continues, i lost the ball and the ref blows the whistle, books the cpu defender and i got a freekick ;)

Really? I just reckoned it wasn't there since I hadn't seen it and never witnessed it in PES 09 either.

- if you tap R2 to try and jostle for position when challenging for a header the player f**ks off! :RANT:

+ I scored a magnificent dipping half volley with the goal 90 degrees to the left. That would have gone wide 100% of the time in previous PES. The kind of shot you see quite a lot on MOTD where it loops over with top spin.

- the ref is biased, I've been fouled constantly all half and got nothing, then I breathe on someone and they get a free kick.

+ the player ability stats have completely changed, I quite like it now I got used to it. You can see how good a player is in each position on the pitch too which is cool.

I had a crazy goal last night, couple of games done in the second season of ML, one of my buys was Exterberria, but he hadn't impressed so far. I was desperate for a goal when he just cought the ball at the left of the goal, ran along the endline, 95 percent of the time I would have attempted a pass because the angle was impossible but I shot instead and the impossible happened... he squeezed it between the hand and foot of the keeper, just past the post, still can't understand how he did it it was basically the only small gap which could produce a goal... Exteberria an instant legend in my book :D

Wow! I've been playing this game for 3 weeks now and I've not conceded/been awarded a single penalty! I'm fed up of my players getting butchered and nothing given

The refereeing in this game is broken and if Konami don't sort it out I may be spending more time with Fifa.

yesterday 2on2 online a great save from frey whit fiorentina
was a header about 7m infront of the net in the long lower corner and he dived very quickly and saved it fully stretched one handed

then... my first lob offline over the keeper, looked gorgeous

;))

For me the WOW is definitely the champion’s league atmosphere at night. This is probably the only thing in the game I’m looking forward too now. No longer the transfer window. They could have put effort into welcoming a new signing like they did with the European Player of the year-a 10 second video clip or something.

The negative WOW is the negotiations. It sucks! The commentary; It sucks! The animations especially the trophy ceremony at the end of the champions league cup final; It sucks! They could have put in more effort or at least kept the one from Pes 2009, as they did with the commentary and cut scenes. The layout is nice.

I played an exhibition against the computer last night. Just trying out a new option file. Anyway i was Derby County against Shaktar. I was winning 1-0 and in the 89th minute Luiz Adriano turned in the box, i went to tackle him but before i made contact, he went down. The ref blew his whistle, walked over, drew the yellow card from his poocket.....and booked Luiz Adriano for diving. It was pretty good.

I wowed at the ability of the AI to tackle my ball with the greatest of ease even from the back, while my top defender can't even take the ball when he's right beside the AI

Back
Top Bottom