Guns 'N Roses - Worst Video Ever

Do you think this is the worst music video ever?

• I think another GnR video is even worse, not a fan of hotpants and big jackets. Or leggings.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never seen this video.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ClassicD

Galáctico
11 November 2001
Glasgow
Celtic
While watching a Guns 'n Roses 'Top 10' on tv the other evening it struck me that 'November Rain' is the worst music video I have ever seen (although other GnR videos aren't far behind, when were hotpants ever in fashion FFS!).

First we have the big lavish wedding, where the bride is wearing a dress with so much of the lower half cut away you can almost count the pubes stickin out of her keks - looks great but is just laughable. Axl Rose is wearing a pirate's costume. No seriously, he is, he has a feckin puffy shirt and everything. He also looks like a midget next to his bride. Near the end of the service 'Slash', the lead guitarist, strolls up the isle to the church exit, collecting his guitar at the door. He goes outside in the middle of the desert and plays a solo with no amp and no power while someone flies a helicopter over him a few times to capture him in all his glory. He's just come from a wedding. He's wearing black leather chaps.

So we then move onto the reception and for some reason she has changed out of her wedding dress into a sleek black number. Axl remains in the pirate outfit.

Then it starts pishing down, I'm guessing this is the 'November Rain'. This rain must have some kind of genetically engineered disease in it, because suddenly everyone goes absolute bonkers. Cunts are upturning chairs and tables, smashing the best china, and losing their minds. One guy even does the worst superman ever through the wedding cake.

Cut to...a funeral? Evidenly the 'November Rain' was just too much for our bride, cos she's dead. Dead you ask? Aye, she's in a big coffin and Axl is greetin his face off in front of the altar. No pirate costume this time tho.

:lol:

those were the days when videos were actually interpretable. about 9/10 of the videos today are worse than this one, unless you're not willing to see something with symbols or the like. ok, i used to be a huge GN'R fan ;), but it certainly was a good video at that time, and some things that look ridiculous today (leather pants, pirate bandanas etc.) fitted well.

i'd really like to hear your review for 'Estranged', which was one of the most expensive videos at that time. a review for 'Don't Cry' would also do.

the worst GN'R video certainly was 'Garden of Eden', a bad song with a ridiculous video.

GNR have made some great videos back then, especially during the Appetite album. Paradise City was a great rock video for example. Their best video still might be Welcome to the Jungle. They went downhill with their Use Your Illusion videos. A shame. Last I heard Chinese Democracy (their new album) will be out in April.

I used to be a fan, not anymore. However, I'll buy the new album. Everytime I watch or hear their Tokyo concert back in '92 I'm thinking: fucking hell, they rocked!

Ike, I don't even know what 'Estranged' and 'Don't Cry' are :).

Of course there are fashion differences, but things like leather pants and Slash's big hair still hold up today. Pirate outfits? ;) I'd also say I've seen a ton of videos from that era which still don't age as badly, even GnR videos where they have even worse hair.

Last edited:
well, they were different... or at least they tried to be. ;)

ClassicD said:
Ike, I don't even know what 'Estranged' and 'Don't Cry' are :)
if you enjoyed November Rain somehow, you should really check them out, especially Estranged.

The best gnr songs:

Appetite for Destruction minus You're Crazy, Anything Goes
Patience
One In A Million
Breakdown
Estranged
The Garden

Some others...

I love how slash's guitar has no cable or cord when hes in the middle of the desert. So really hes playing nothing..... stupid twat.

Last edited:
gnryngposter.jpg

Theres the lads.

My favourite GNR songs are

- Paitence
- Welcome to the jungle
- Paradise city
- Sweet child of mine
- You could be mine

Download them now youngsters and get a taste of some real music

Milanista said:
Real music that came from a crappy lead singer. Axl was a complete twat... thinking he was the best in the world and splitting his band up.
Agreed (can't beleive I'm agreeing with Milanista :mrgreen: :applause: :lol: ) - he was a prize pillock but I think Slash said it in a recent interview, that they'd had enough of each other after Appetite For Destruction. Still, great music while it lasted - still gets a regular play these days. :applause:

You should see him now. He thinks hes still a sex symbol and dresses up like a complete redneck. Hes got that ugly bandana and fat belly hanging out. Hes just making his life worse, he should give up already.

I listened to their Greatest Hits on the way to work this morning...great tunes. I love the acoustic guitar work on Patience.

Milanista, I agree with you about how Axl is these days, but if you compare him with today's rocksingers, the guy had charisma, was insane and wrote some amazing tunes. He was a legend.

Milanista said:
Real music that came from a crappy lead singer. Axl was a complete twat... thinking he was the best in the world and splitting his band up.

The music of Guns and Roses was more than just the singing it was the guitars and drums too. The youth of today, think its all about the voice these idol shows are brainwashing them.

0-gunsNroses0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
But thats no reason to hate.

Anyone listen to velvet revolver? what do you think of them?

Back
Top Bottom