Grand Theft Auto: Definitive Editions [PC/PS5/XBS]

Me too. I never preorder but in this instance, absolutely. Mainly for the modern controls...
Absolutely! :DD It will also be great to play with decent driving mechanics and i hope a less glitchy experience on some missions (San Andreas in mind).

Pumped for this!
Remember how much I got sucked in to video games with GTA 3 ,mainly played quite ridiculous games on sega/PS1 until GTA 3.
Played it so much.
Love to revisit San Andreas and vice city too.
And with less glitchy controls , love it!

I haven't been this excited for a game for a while, And it's not even a new game.

Partly nostalgia and partly because they exceeded my expectations with the remastering. These were cartoony games to begin with so I think the art direction compliments the tone of these games perfectly.

Plus with the sheer saturation of ultra realistic looking games all looking, well... The same as each other as well generally feeling like the same damn sandbox game over and over, this will be a welcome breath of fresh air.

In my opinion, this is another filthy cash grab from Rockstar Games. No offense to you guys. I love GTA 3, GTA VC and GTA SA.. and these are the games that I've played when I start playing video games. Rockstar Games are milking the old fanbase to be honest with this Definitive Edition.

I expected better graphics
TBH so did i, but like Marlon said from a nostalgia point of view i think it's not too bad. However PC modders will use this engine and bring it in line with at least gta v, no doubt (just thought this is on UE4 so maybe not) . I expected something close to a graphically modded version of the original on pc. One bonus is pop up of trees and alike should be gone.

TBH so did i, but like Marlon said from a nostalgia point of view i think it's not too bad. However PC modders will use this engine and bring it in line with at least gta v, no doubt (just thought this is on UE4 so maybe not) . I expected something close to a graphically modded version of the original on pc. One bonus is pop up of trees and alike should be gone.
Sadly Take-Two/Rockstar have treated modders really badly lately...

Mods already look 10 times better than rockstars effort
I agree, but in my experience the original GTA SA game is that old, it's very prone to crashing. Anyway, with the remake i will go for vice city for starters, as i never played the original.

EDIT never respond to a message, when on the phone! Sorry drifted off point. Yep would have liked to see this in UE4.

Last edited:
Yeah, Im with all the disappointed people.
It looks like they slapped some filter, wrapped it together and selling it as new game again.
Looks bad. And it really annoys me how big companies keep trying to milk people. Especially rockstar went from one of the best studios to an absolute farmers, milking last GTA for 10 years now. Fuck them.

@Placebo, but re-modeling sometimes goes wrong.
20211004_083133-jpg.124959

I was hoping ,at least graphically the Xbox 360 version of Red dead Vs the Xbox one remaster.
Nevertheless ,I'm deffo getting this ,at full price ,nope but down the line ,haven't bought the Mafia 1 yet either

I know it's not a remake, and doesn't have photo-realistic graphics (which would have been lovely), but I'll take it. As a stylistic choice I don't think it's terrible, even though I know a part of that choice is based on "let's keep putting more manpower into GTA Online".

Having looked at the modded San Andreas videos, I don't know - I think I prefer Rockstar's job. It looks "right", to me - closer to my memory of it.

Better graphics and a chance to revisit one of my all-time favourite games, and it be playable (the old controls are crap by today's standards)... Worth it for me!

I know it's not a remake, and doesn't have photo-realistic graphics (which would have been lovely), but I'll take it. As a stylistic choice I don't think it's terrible, even though I know a part of that choice is based on "let's keep putting more manpower into GTA Online".

Having looked at the modded San Andreas videos, I don't know - I think I prefer Rockstar's job. It looks "right", to me - closer to my memory of it.

Better graphics and a chance to revisit one of my all-time favourite games, and it be playable (the old controls are crap by today's standards)... Worth it for me!
I was pretty close to buying SA a year or so ago since it's compatible with xb1.
But I agree ,love the chance of playing these again.
God how much time these got from me ,all we need now is a remaster of This is football #sweaters

I wasn't expecting complete overhaul of the graphics, since they were remastering it after all, and not a remake. However I will mention both the positives and negatives in my opinion:

**Positives:
+Lighting looks clean.
+Finally seems like a solid 60 fps and hopefully won't break the game like it did with originals.
+Updated control scheme- I'm hoping the controls will feel a bit more smoother and not some remapped keys- which could already be done on pc anyways.

**Negatives:
-The character textures look straight up like Fortnite now. I have no idea why decided to go for this art style whereas you can clearly see the original games had grittier texture that while looking like ass, still had that overall less shiny and gritty skin textures.
Material textures and lighting completely changes a games look. I wasn't expecting any high poly model remakes from them at all. But why make them look more cartoony than they did in the originals? Because of lack of skin roughness in the textures, proper normal maps and other stuff, they look straight up like those glossy cartoon fortnite models.

-Hair lines. Ah the curse of modern technology? Look at most post PlayStation 3 era games. Even ps2 generation games had thin hair lines which looked natural. But nowadays everyone has 10/10 full thick hairlines like those bad hair transplants. This isn't only a problem in GTA remastered. Look at mafia 2 remaster, Alan wake remaster, WWE 2k games etc and they all have this problem.

All in all, many things look great. But a lot of the models look more cartoony or fortnite ish compared to originals because of new smoother textures that lack any kind of roughness on them.

I guess what they need to do is sanding the materials or something, can't really express the term.

For what they are charging for it, the hot coffee mod better be included :THINK:For real though, don't have any nostalgia towards them so it's likely a pass for me.

For what they are charging for it, the hot coffee mod better be included :THINK:For real though, don't have any nostalgia towards them so it's likely a pass for me.
If someone tries to mod hotcoffe in the remastered game, R* and TakeTwo will send guys in suits in his/her house and the modder will go missing and later found dead [obviously because he accidentally shot himself in the back 15 times].

Love this. Hits the tone they want to set and preserve totally spot on. Disappointed people in my opinion don’t really get what this is about. I want to play the games in a way I still imagine they looked like to this day, not some ground breaking remake masking and changing everything they once were.

Disappointed personally, think it looks awful, like some weird cartoon mobile game now, hard pass from me!
Totally disagree, then again you can’t fulfill everybodys expectations. Not your cup of tea? Sure. Awful? Yeah, No.

Love this. Hits the tone they want to set and preserve totally spot
This sums it up perfectly for me as well.
Imagine going full digital on a classic album some artist wants to freshen up ,and it sounds 2021?
I'm looking fw to this ,everything doesn't have to look like Far cry 6 next gen or some other new game.
Not everyone's thing maybe ,but sure is mine!

I honestly don't mind the look, but then again I am probably one of the few who is pissed off that the Prince of Persia remaster was delayed for a year or something because so many people whined about it looking bad. It looked fine!

Back
Top Bottom