GIBRALTAR thread

Dazzlà

UTG!!
20 November 2007
Bristol Rovers
Gibraltar wins full member nation status from UEFA.
they will be able to compete in the EURO 16 qualifiers and with EURO 16 increasing from 16 to 24 teams they have a chance for sure.

really ? how the hell is this posible ? while Kosovo can't be member of UEFA or FIFA ? fucking politics and fucking fifa&uefa

It's not an official independent country, because Serbia has not declared it's independence. Most countries do recognise Kosovo as an independent country. It would be interesting to see if any Kosovar players from Switzerland and other countries would choose Kosovo if they could.

Another whooping team, not really fussing about this. Hope they can cause an upset and beat a big country! :)

It's not an official independent country, because Serbia has not declared it's independence. Most countries do recognise Kosovo as an independent country. It would be interesting to see if any Kosovar players from Switzerland and other countries would choose Kosovo if they could.

Another whooping team, not really fussing about this. Hope they can cause an upset and beat a big country! :)

well serbia din't declared selfcountry Croatia too but they were more powerfull e didnt ask them for that !

and after all this is sport not politic so who cares about it why dont let a country play and have right to play like all do !

and i can tell you that Behrami and Xhaka for sure will pick Kosovo over Switzerland they have open told this !

Kosovo has a lot of talents but becuase of shit politics dosnt have right to play which is really shit !

Yep, maybe Shaqiri too. Kosovo - Albania playing a competetive match would be interesting to see too.

They can't as most of them did play competitive matches for Switzerland.

idk how it works but I think they can , for some reasons I think other players did this too ! also this is something specific as this players CAN'T pick this as there was no chance !

anyway Shaqiri once again show some love for Kosovo :D also glad he did this in face of f*cking Platini

972288_441081942654171_828322217_n.jpg

idk how it works but I think they can , for some reasons I think other players did this too ! also this is something specific as this players CAN'T pick this as there was no chance !

I doubt FIFA will follow this arguments. And I would agree with them.

I doubt FIFA will follow this arguments. And I would agree with them.

why you wouldn't ? lets say this was the story , lets take Granit Xhaka , this guy want to represent Kosovo but he can't do this since FIFA and UEFA don't allow him to have this choice , than he play for Swiss , some years later UEFA and FIFA allow Kosovo to have own NT , Xhaka want to play for them whats wrong with this ? he should have stay away from any NT and hope for one day UEFA and FIFA accept Kosovo ? or maybe be retired waiting that ?

I think it may be possible. Remember that Vucinic played for Serbia and Montenegro before Montenegro was an independent country.

why you wouldn't ? lets say this was the story , lets take Granit Xhaka , this guy want to represent Kosovo but he can't do this since FIFA and UEFA don't allow him to have this choice , than he play for Swiss , some years later UEFA and FIFA allow Kosovo to have own NT , Xhaka want to play for them whats wrong with this ? he should have stay away from any NT and hope for one day UEFA and FIFA accept Kosovo ? or maybe be retired waiting that ?

Because I think you should make up some idea before choosing to play international matches for this or that nation and you should consider your future, too. If you really want to play for one nation you will be willing to wait. So there won't be a real reason for switching NTs once you've played for a country.

I think it may be possible. Remember that Vucinic played for Serbia and Montenegro before Montenegro was an independent country.

BUT Montenegro was partially included in the state of "Serbia and Montenegro" they weren't a completely new country as the Kosovo is in this case.

S-Nipe i have to disagree, this days footballers do ANYTHING to play NT football, and they have no time to wait as in case of what you are discoussing. Many footballers chainge nationality just to be called to Nat. teams, so their price in market is higher...

My Congratulations, Gibraltar, so many years "knocking" on UEFA and now, finally, it has come to pass, the official football and came to the "Pillars of Hercules". :D Good luck in the hard way, I hope it does not become Andorra or San Marino №2. ;)

Is there any known player from Gibraltar? I was just thinking this might be second San Marino or something, but they draw Slovakia, which is good imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any known player from Gibraltar? I was just thinking this might be second San Marino or something, but they draw Slovakia, which is good imo.

Kosovo should be recognized as a independent country by UEFA and FIFA. They produce so much talent. It is not fare that Switzerland and other countries go along with them.
The most famous footballer of the Gibraltar team - it is Scott Wiseman, who plays in the English Barnsley, which play in the Championship. The remaining players primarily play in Gibraltar Football League. :)

As for Kosovo, I'm not sure that soon we will see this team in the UEFA or FIFA because here is more a political issues than a football.

What's all the fuss about Kosovo? It's recognized by both UEFA & FIFA, and playing WC and EURO qualifiers already, as a part of Serbia.

It's not recognized by United Nations, and most countries don't recognize this Serbian province as a country.

P.S. I know politics are not allowed on this forum, as it's main topic is football & it's games/simulations, but seeing Valon Beka (aka LFC Albania) trash talking Serbia and glorifying the self proclaimed "country" Kosovo, I can't keep my mouth shut.

About Gibraltar: I find it interesting to see how will they finish their first qualifiers, although I don't like the fact that some English players started playing for this country, because then it's starting to look like England D or F squad.

Cheers.

Last edited:
The thing I find peculiar is that the only country opposed to Gibraltar being member of UEFA except Spain, is Belarus. Anyone know why is that? Or did they just mark the wrong field while voting or something lol. And Kosovo's status is disputed, so until that's solved, you may as well continue cheering for the Swiss (if there are any in the team).

Last edited:
The thing I find peculiar is that the only country opposed to Gibraltar being member of UEFA except Spain, is Belarus. Anyone know why is that? Or did they just mark the wrong field while voting or something lol. And Kosovo's status is disputed, so until that's solved, you may as well continue cheering for the Swiss (if there are any in the team).
This is not written anywhere, why they decided that way, but most likely, IMHO, The Belarusian Football Federation, knowing that only Spain will vote against, decided to just stand out among the other European football federations, thus showing that their voice is also very important. Or maybe it was just solidarity with Spain, maybe then they signed some important agreement or something like that. :)

that's not a bad result,
and gibraltar got germany in the euro 16 qualifiers, that should be fun..

Back
Top Bottom