GHOST OF TSUSHIMA

Hope its lengthy but not 200hr lengthy but good to know you are enjoying it and giving it positive views
I think its perfect lenght-wise.
I have almost 40hrs on it now. My mate, who is mad into 100%'ing every game did it with around 75hrs (Talking about basic game without another island DLC).
The world is big but not too big. Its also not as packed as Immortals was. There are vast, quiet open spaces that you can admire and chill.
Its a reasonably slow burner, kinda reminds me Rdr2 in that regards.
But combat is just unbelievable. I dont think I skipped a single mongol patrol so far. Whenever I see a chance to slaughter someone - I take it. :LOL:
Its also amazingly optimised. Very, very smooth, no framerate drops whatsoever, loading times are insane (im playing on my Ps4 slim and it takes literally 2/3 seconds to load each time you start a game, or fast travel).
What they managed to squeeze out of this console at the end of its life cycle is just crazy. The amount of particles on the screen, from flying leaves to blades of grass is just wow.. HDR effects are stunning. When I ride towards the sun I can barely see anything. The light of the moon reflecting in the water at night is magical.
Id say when it finally gets to PC it has a solid chance to top Rdr2, at least visually.

@Emroth : you said exactly the same word for word about that game : it's very spiritual and comtemplative sometimes but in a good way.
And dialog are intense and intelligent regarding the "Ghost". That's what a fan said to me, and the part of japanese history regarding the Mongol war/invasion was, for him who read books about all japan's era, very well represented with fidelity regarding many aspects.

I will buy it one day. After i'm done with 2 games (Nioh 1 as i restarted from the beginning : i fought like a child and lost all my repair) and perhaps Demon's Souls or Sekiro... But i think i will do Demon's Souls as it's easier. Then G.O.T. Director cut and finally Nioh 2 and/or Sekiro.

I know that the game is not so long and it's a very different game than an Souls like, but the story and dialog from what 2 friends said are gold, even with the extra missions. Sekiro will took too long to finish because it's hardcore, same as Nioh 2 (the 1st too...) Demon's Souls is hard too, but i'm used to Dark Souls mechanics of gameplay so it wouldn't took weeks. Got pretty hard with Nioh and Bloodborne, but less with the Souls, well, medieval type series (Demon's souls isn't part of the Dark Souls trilogy, it's another game, the first of the kind)

Last edited:
Finished it. 48hrs. Could squeeze a bit more but did most of the side quests and all the Tsushima Tales.
Great game, great story, great ending.
I am glad that you liked the game. I was never into Japanese rich culture but always admired the moral and principles in their society. This game was like proper story of one nation rising against the enemy and have all the positives that have to triger the action in the player to live within the story. Real masterpiece if you ask me, this game and Red Dead Redemption 2 were best games and stories I ever played.

Finished it. 48hrs. Could squeeze a bit more but did most of the side quests and all the Tsushima Tales.
Great game, great story, great ending.
I downloaded the ps5 version of this on PS Premium. I’ve been putting it off as so many people say how dull it gets after a few hours but from footage I’ve seen it looks like my kind of game.

Is it true that it’s best to play on Hard? Normal is supposed to be very easy?

Is it true that it’s best to play on Hard? Normal is supposed to be very easy?
To be honest with you - im not one of those who enjoy torture. I rarely play on hard difficulty. Games these days are long enough for me to be stuck on some frustrating boss, or stupid mission.
For me combat was so fun and varied that I didnt need it to be extra hard.
Game never got dull for me.

I am glad that you liked the game. I was never into Japanese rich culture but always admired the moral and principles in their society. This game was like proper story of one nation rising against the enemy and have all the positives that have to triger the action in the player to live within the story. Real masterpiece if you ask me, this game and Red Dead Redemption 2 were best games and stories I ever played.
I agree. I might be a bit bias coz I love samurai culture. Last Samurai is one of my favourite movies ever made.
This game had a great pace that let you slaughter enemies while also having quiet and spiritual moments.

If I was to change one thing from gameplay POV - id get rid of these pauses, where you achieved something. They were really annoying me at the start. Im there, surrounded by 10 mongols, planning my next move in the rhythm of death, next thing screen pauses -
"you have killed a leader."
Ok!
"You honour rises"
Ok! Fuck off!
"You have received a McDonalds cap of death"
...where was I...?? Ah Jaysus!!!

And from the story POV - I wish we had more choices that would affect the story one way of another. But thats just net picking. Whole journey was amazing and I cant wait to see the movie (even tho I wish they made series instead)

I don't play on Hard for the purpose to have hard to advance neither. Souls and all are different, it's a lot of exigence and patience, hard from the start, less dialog, it's not a "directed story".
But for a game with a storyboard let's say, like God of War or Ghost of T., i would choose normal. As i don't play for the same purpose, more for the story and a bit of difficulty of course but i want to see the story before all.

Now about God of War, yes difficulty should be better normally, more action oriented and story is all about war/fight but that kind of gameplay is less about exigence and more random in fight. Even if it's very inspired from Souls-like, hardest difficulty wouldn't be funnier (corrected) but perhaps frustrating. It's just hard enough to me, and there's too long fight, i got enough fun in the "average" state of difficulty. I won't choose easy neither. It's already fun and with difficult to pass some sequences where i lost 5 or 6 times... Or 10 times for one, the time to learn where to aim and strike first.
Also i repeat, combat are longer and more choregraphic. Something you found in Ghosts, with interesting dialog between the fight, questioning etc.

Last edited:
I don't play on Hard for the purpose to have hard to advance neither. Souls and all are different, it's a lot of exigence and patience, hard from the start, less dialog, it's not a "directed story".
But for a game with a storyboard let's say, like God of War or Ghost of T., i would choose normal. As i don't play for the same purpose, more for the story and a bit of difficulty of course but i want to see the story before all.

Now about God of War, yes difficulty should be better normally, more action oriented and story is all about war/fight but that kind of gameplay is less about exigence and more random in fight. Even if it's very inspired from Souls-like, hardest difficulty wouldn't be funnier (corrected) but perhaps frustrating. It's just hard enough to me, and there's too long fight, i got enough fun in the "average" state of difficulty. I won't choose easy neither. It's already fun and with difficult to pass some sequences where i lost 5 or 6 times... Or 10 times for one, the time to learn where to aim and strike first.
Also i repeat, combat are longer and more choregraphic. Something you found in Ghosts, with interesting dialog between the fight, questioning etc.
Sounds good mate, I’m going to start it tonight - at the end of Mafia so will finish that first.

That's my next move too. More for the story, and from what i've heard it's really focused on every details and all words used in that part of Japanese history.
All important or less are in the story book, that's impressive. And the fact they tried to reproduce the feudal period of Japan with how people lived that era with a great attention deserves more than a simple "7" on some website with zero interest for culture "but we want to have fun, we don't care" etc.

YES we care like the other one said, that what makes the game authentic + the immersion even in duel or fight. If they don't like that part of Japan story and they reproduced it without romancing too much... In a war it's not boom boom on every part of it, moves, strategy etc.

Even in Nioh, he meet many popular Japanese figure you can see in Samurai shodown, a bit melted but even if it's a fiction and more action oriented, it's always impressive. When you know a bit of Japan history (or just curious and want to check like i did) and you have to fight the Shogun from X era who wants to test you strenght... It's very cool. Or meeting the most know Shinobi from X era (Hattori Hanzo, i was like a child when he said his name), see your character talking with...

As it's a something that really happened in story, books relates event in time (one thing after the other) and from someone i know which love the part of the try of Mongol invasion in Japan, all seems to fit in the timeline. I just don't know or checked if "the Ghost" is perhaps mentioned as a "legend" in that battle.
Same as we probably encounter the shogun from that period, some great Samurai... Well.

But from what i saw, it's a bit built like a mix with Last of US in terms of storytelling and God of War 4 for action (even if the story is very great, it's less open world, more directed. I like both style but not super Open World MMORPG with everyone online, quests not really defined etc., or GTA style when there's TOO MUCH to do. I want or need a focus or i'm losting myself by visiting the whole map and doing extra stuffs...

So in bigger : i like the "sensation" of Open World but when you're "blocked" by something to goes forward. Like Souls games does. Like Ghost of Tsushima does. even God of war when you're more advanced in the story. Nioh too, but it's by mission on a map, more conventional.

Last edited:
Finally, Finally!!! after waiting so long I get to try this. This and GT7 are the exclusives I was wanting to have on PC (GT7 wont happen) but still halfway there

Finally, Finally!!! after waiting so long I get to try this. This and GT7 are the exclusives I was wanting to have on PC (GT7 wont happen) but still halfway there

We need MLB The Show also on PC. I think we're not far away from having all PS exclusives coming to PC even as Day-1 releases. PS5 might have been a success regarding consoles sold but I don't think the exclusive titles did well overall. Big lack of quality AAA titles. It's not a surprise also MS is focusing on PC and other ways for revenue.

GT7 wont happen
giphy.gif

Releasing GT7 on PC by the end of PS5 cycle will be a checkmate move by Sony given the fact the state of Forza Motorsport. It's all about money and GT7 would sell millions of copies on PC, I wouldn't rule out numbers close to GTA.

• Experience Ghost of Tsushima with unlocked framerates and a variety of graphics options tailored to a wide range of hardware, ranging from high-end PCs to portable PC gaming devices.*
  • Get a view of even more of the action with support for Ultrawide (21:9), Super Ultrawide (32:9) and even 48:9 Triple Monitor support.*
  • Boost performance with upscaling and frame generation technologies like NVIDIA DLSS 3, AMD FSR 3 and Intel XeSS. NVIDIA Reflex and image quality-enhancing NVIDIA DLAA are also supported.**
  • Japanese lip sync – enjoy a more authentic experience with lip sync for Japanese voiceover, made possible by cinematics being rendered in real time by your PC.
  • Choose how you control the action: experience haptic feedback and adaptive triggers through a wired DualSense™ controller…***
  • …or go with mouse and keyboard, with fully customizable controls.
  • Haptic feedback – master your blade through the DualSense™ controller’s immersive haptic feedback.***
  • Adaptive triggers – enhance your accuracy with a bow using adaptive trigger resistance
With this being the Director’s cut of the game, it also includes the story expansion. Additionally, the online mode, Legends, will also be available on PC, along with Kurosawa mode.

Releasing GT7 on PC by the end of PS5 cycle will be a checkmate move by Sony given the fact the state of Forza Motorsport. It's all about money and GT7 would sell millions of copies on PC, I wouldn't rule out numbers close to GTA.

I think it would do fantastic and sell well, but you are underestimating the monster that gta is. PC users have many racing games to choose from, but this would fit in a nice simcade niche.

With this being the Director’s cut of the game, it also includes the story expansion
It's a really good game, lads but don't expect some new bar for gaming, or anything.
I recently went back to it to play the expansion and ended up uninstalling.
I think it had potential to be as epic and RdR2 was, but the world they created is nowhere near as organic and alive.
After 50hrs of story, expansion was just more of the same. After 10hrs you can say that you saw everything and for the rest you are just doing same 3 types of missions.
What keeps you going is great combat, but everything else is very underwhelming when you compare it to rdr2.
Just don't want you guys to get in with huge expectations.

but everything else is very underwhelming when you compare it to rdr2.
Then don't. Not every game that features an open world has to be compared to RDR2 because they'd ALL lose due to not having 5000 billion dollars being thrown at the devs. Rockstar's worlds will always come out on top no matter what. Thankfully, their arduous gameplay always sucks balls, so if I had to choose the better gamey game, Tsushima would win by a landslide. Everyone who hasn't played it yet is in for a treat. Play it on "Lethal" difficulty, too, where every fight feels thrilling and challenging throughout the whole game.

First few hours, maybe 20 or so are awesome but now I've moved into the second "part" I'm finding it really "samey" and less inspiring to pick it up and play any more despite not having finished the story, shame really it's an amazing looking game
:(
:(

I never went back to it again after that, just didn't appeal, shame :(

Then don't.
That's a weird statement.
It's natural to compare whether it's TV shows, movies, or games.
If something sets a bar - people will always compare to it.
Tsushima didn't have to have a huge budget to make this game much better.
More interesting random encounters, more variety in missions.. All they needed was a bit of imagination.
It's the best looking game on PS4 generation and very well optimised, coz loading times were next to nothing.
I hope it will be as optimised on PC.
But you can't argue that the missions were just samey. I really enjoyed my time with it, but the more people are pushing the more I'll push back.
If I'm installing DLC and have no desire to play it, it just shows that the game could have and should have been much better.

Do any one of us yet know if I will do have the possibilety to play the PC port with my Xbox controller?
If Yes I think I will get it sometime. I liked some YT videos about the game at the release for the PS4.

This year could be very interessting for me. I love the Feudal japan scenarios and we will have this port for PC (I don't have a PS), then the Disney + TV show Shogun and if I rermeber corectly the new Assassins Creed will be released this year and will have the same scenario too.

And yea 100% agree with Tom! You cant compare this game with RDR2. :NO:

Do any one of us yet know if I will do have the possibilety to play the PC port with my Xbox controller?
If Yes I think I will get it sometime. I liked some YT videos about the game at the release for the PS4.

This year could be very interessting for me. I love the Feudal japan scenarios and we will have this port for PC (I don't have a PS), then the Disney + TV show Shogun and if I rermeber corectly the new Assassins Creed will be released this year and will have the same scenario too.

And yea 100% agree with Tom! You cant compare this game with RDR2. :NO:
Im almost 99.999% sure you can play this with an xbox controller. Just the ps5 one will prob have additional features.

Back
Top Bottom