FAKE NEWS: Football Player 2023

It's looking like there's a lot of "new football games" who were only decided to be created 3 weeks ago.
Goalz perhaps one year more or less, i don't know.

Only UFL in fact seems interesting, 5-6 years of development... They got more experience about issues encountered when you create a football game.

Well when Twitter just says this:-

We are constantly looking for partners and for people to help us with developing the game If you are a developer, designer, or anything that can help us develop the game, please write at "jobs" channel on discord We are also getting many questions wich we will answer soon!

Via Le Footbal, GoalZ, UFL, and now this !? What is going on... well that looks more like a scam compere with others, no company behind this, no official site or any info so yeah,some attention whore just ride on trend to craft popularity .

I am astonished that this isn't bigger news.

It was all a scam. The dude behind it hired people to create assets, to drive Twitter followers, to then rename the Twitter account to "Hazard's Biggest Fan" or something like that and then try to make a living from just tweeting about Eden Hazard all day every day.

Major gaming outlets covered the announcement of this game... They even announced box art (before there was a second of gameplay). It was all a lie created by one guy.

If you follow the account (e.g. @The_Knight, @Marlon Anthony, @Flipper the Priest, @janguv, @Anth James, @gabe.paul.logan), please consider unfollowing it. I'd rather he crashed and burned.

You can check if you follow the account by visiting the new Twitter handle (or click the following link), @EdenTheWizard.

See below for the full story:

Last edited:

It was all a scam. The dude behind it hired people to create assets, to drive Twitter followers, to then rename the Twitter account to "Hazard's Biggest Fan" or something like that and then try to make a living from just tweeting about Eden Hazard all day every day.

Major gaming outlets covered the announcement of this game... They even announced box art (before there was a second of gameplay). It was all a lie created by one guy.

If you follow the account (e.g. @The_Knight, @Marlon Anthony, @Flipper the Priest, @janguv, @Anth James, @gabe.paul.logan), please consider unfollowing it. I'd rather he crashed and burned.

You can check if you follow the account by visiting the new Twitter handle (or click the following link), @EdenTheWizard.

What the hot fuck? 😦

Unfollowed. I'd almost have a quiet amount of respect for the grift if it was something decent but a stan account for an ailing footballer? Fuck off.

It just shows how easy it is to get that kind of attention (and also, how desperate we are for a decent single-player-focused football game).

Perhaps I should mock up some "old-school PES combined with Football Manager" announcements and screenshots, get enough followers and then just change the name to "EA give me a job as your Career Mode director".

Thanks.

I didn't even know this was a "project" so i wasn't following him. Hope it was worth for all for the sake of what, just over 1,000 followers. Pathetic. Seriously, what's the gain, people would just unfollow once they realise anyway.

Honestly, This constant desire for any kind of unconditional, mindless online clout and overnight fame at the expense of an actual talent or skill is so disappointing. This society is tumbling downhill violently everyday.

Lol I didn't even realise I was following it! I think I clicked onto it once and thought it looked a bit shit as a game concept, but obviously must have followed in case it developed into something. I mean, it did develop into something I guess :LOL:

Yep I already tweeted about this scam. Just checked and looks like I was following it. Unfollowed. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom