Football Manager 2022 [PC/XBS]

By now you've hopefully seen our Feature Videos, but now it's time to add a bit more detail, with four blogs linked in the titles below covering some of the major areas for Football Manager 2022.

ON-PITCH AUTHENTICITY
A new animation engine elevates Matchdays with far most realistic dribbling and player movement. Our brand-new pressing system brings a new level of intelligence, unlocking smarter decision making and realism. The new Wide Centre Back role replicates the latest tactical innovation allowing you to turn defence into attack.

1.jpg

POWERED BY DATA
Find your winning edge in the all-new Data Hub with the same analytics and reporting methods that the biggest and best clubs are using in the professional game. Create your own custom dashboard packed with stats and insights that will help you understand your performances and make smarter decisions on match preparation and player development.

2.jpg

BACKROOM REWRITE
Based on real-world insight from managers across the professional game, new, true-to-life staff meetings allow you to lean on your backroom staff more than ever. With the frequency set by you, your inner circle gatherings now provide a greater a level of support and organisation that will propel your project and players to new heights.

3.png

DEADLINE DAY DRAMA
Feel the highs and lows of one of the most dramatic fixtures in the football calendar with a redesigned Deadline Day experience. Replicating the unpredictability and immersion of the transfer window’s climax, the revamp completely changes the dynamic, as does a rewrite of player values and a host of new scouting improvements.

4.jpg

Last edited:

INTRODUCING DATA HUB​

Key new addition

There is now a centralized hub area which will be displayed as a tab on the left side of your screen. In there you will find reports labelled as “Key Findings” which will inform you on your club’s data.

Some of these reports are; “Overall Match Momentum”, “Last Match Passes”, “Last Match XG Performance”. Sub comments are given to each report title. When clicked on, a pop up displaying a detailed graphic is shown.

The 'momentum' report is new, and gives you a perception of the flow of a match; a way of diagnosing match performance that's agnostic from the result.

Data teams and analytics in general are very, very important for the function of modern football clubs. The data hub area allows you to take in things quickly.

It's giving users more ways of diagnosing what's going wrong with their team, or going really well, without having to dig into huge repositories of information they might not know about.

It's all about finding ways of turning existing, large amounts of data into something someone can learn something from and make changes.

Last edited:
A blog giving an update on the future of Football Manager Touch from Studio Director, Miles Jacobson.

As you can probably imagine, given what we do and how important data and research is to our games, here at Sports Interactive we use a lot of data to help us make business decisions.

We constantly monitor our roster of games using a process of ‘cost-benefit analysis’ which, simply put, means that we look at how much it costs us to develop, QA and release each separate version, then compare that against the revenue it will bring in (alongside any other benefits or costs it may offer to our business, outside of pure profit and loss).

Sometimes this leads to us having to make difficult business decisions that we know won’t be universally popular, but we have to look at the bigger picture and decide what’s the best for the majority of our players and for us as a studio.

So, today I want to talk about some changes to the formats that we will – and won’t – be releasing Football Manager Touch on this year.

But first, let’s take a quick look back on that game’s history.

Football Manager Classic, as Touch was originally named, was added as a game mode within Football Manager 2013, as a streamlined way for people to play. At the time, our research showed us that there was a growing audience who wanted something simpler than the ‘full fat’ FM, but more in-depth than our mobile game at that time, Football Manager Handheld (which has since been renamed as Football Manager Mobile).

Classic was first released as a standalone game in 2014 on PlayStation Vita and did much better there than we were expecting, so we looked to expand it onto other platforms. We first made it available for iOS and Android tablets in April 2015, although it would only work on the most powerful versions of that early hardware.

In 2015 we changed the name from ‘Classic’ to ‘Touch’ as the control system was very much geared towards touch screens – and also because research showed there was confusion over the use of ‘Classic’, with many of our fans thinking it was a historical version of FM.

In 2017 Touch was removed as a ‘mode’ from FM, and became a standalone release, following an initial experiment with selling it separate from FM in 2016.

Initially this was very successful, but with the release of the game on other platforms – such as the Switch version in 2018 and then last year’s Xbox Edition, both of which are closely modelled on Touch – and changes to the way people play games, sales on the PC, Mac and tablet versions of the game have fallen significantly. Developing for the tablet market, particularly on Android, is also very challenging, due to the huge range of different hardware versions available.

With the pandemic and changing working practices thrown into the mix, we also have to weigh up internal resources, both short term and long term, when making format decisions. And yes, I am setting a small group of you here up for some bad news. As Roxette once said in the best greatest hits album title of all time, ‘Don’t bore us, get to the chorus’, so…

Football Manager Touch 2022 will only be available on Nintendo Switch. There will be no version of the game available on Steam, the Epic Store, the App Store or Google Play. Anyone who wants to play a streamlined version of FM anywhere other than Switch will still be able to do so, but the game won’t be called ‘Touch’.

For PC players, the Xbox Edition will be available to purchase via the Microsoft Store or via Game Pass, while tablet players will be able to stream that game to their devices via Microsoft’s xCloud streaming service (which is available to anyone with a Game Pass Ultimate subscription). The full range of options is set out in the platform matrix below.

One positive about Football Manager Touch which was revealed by the data was that many of our fans ‘dipped in’ to Touch to take advantage of Versus Mode (which allows players to test their FM squad in head-to-head online matches against other managers). As a result of this, we are working to implement Versus Mode in Football Manager 2022, although this won’t be introduced until early next year (as there’s quite a bit of development work required and we didn’t want to delay the game’s release).

Removing games from the FM line-up is not something we do lightly (or often) and when we do it’s only ever to improve the things for the majority of our players. I know that the decision to limit the availability of Touch will not be popular with a section of FM fans, but I also know that it’s best for both the studio and the wider FM community.

Cheers,

Miles

FM22-Platform_Table.png

NEW ANIMATION ENGINE​

Key new addition

For a number of cycles, Sports Interactive have been working behind-the-scenes to bring a new animation engine to life which finally makes its debut in FM22.

The old animation engine, whilst important for the growth of improving the 3D elements of the game, was restricting. The old animations were lumped on to that 2D disc, but the new animation engine gives a lot more freedom.

The players aren't restricted to movement on the disc, they can move off of it, which is really important to get them in situations to make touches of the ball look even more realistic.

The overall vision is to a) make football believable and authentic, and b) to eradicate foot sliding.

The developers really worked hard this year on that element of the player touching the ball. In previous versions of the game, the player doesn't actually touch the ball as succinctly as it does now.

The new animation engine is the foundation for growing going forward.

MATCH AI IMPROVEMENTS​

Key new addition

With improved visuals, also improved the match AI and the player's decision making of when to dribble, when to not dribble, or when to turn, for example.

Pressing is becoming more intelligent with an overhauled pressing system having implemented triggers, which is the most important element of your pressing system.

Your Line of Engagement, your Defensive Line, where you want to show players, either down the line or inside, that all links up to the angles in which the players then go and press the ball.

The best element of the pressing this year is that players, based on their stamina, have the concept of their sprint capacity. They know when they can press and when they can't.

So, a plug-and-play Gegenpress system is going to be a thing of the past.

Your recruitment will be key. You want players with obviously good stamina to fit in those systems and also your training, your work on the pitch and the training field is going to be really important to then transition into that match environment.

Stamina is going to affect the accuracy of what they can perform, because accuracy is overhauled as well. Added more accuracy and inaccuracy into elements like passing, shots, first touch.

DEADLINE DAY EXPERIENCE REVAMPED​

Key new addition

Steal the headlines during Deadline Day drama, as the Transfer Deadline Day becomes more focused than ever before.

You've got all your club colours there as your main interface. As soon as you go into deadline day... Boom! You've got the familiarity of the gold and black, and everything goes into that mode.

There are countdown timers, a processing bar telling you you've got seven hours left... just to give you that familiarity and add that pressure to it. You're under a timer here and you've got to get those deals done.

Anything could happen you could bring anyone in, and it could be those last-minute moves. There's an overview of the chaos.

If agents aren't offering you players, you're going to read about what's going on in the media and see that a player is linked to another club. There's more out there than you think there is, it has that kind of surprise element.

Deadline Day can make a real change to your saves because you can do something slightly different from normal.

NEW PLAYER ROLE: WIDE CENTRE-BACK​

Key new addition

New role in the Central Defensive positions. The "Wide CB" role applies to positions that aren’t directly in the middle, ie. DCR, DCL not CD/DC.

The main job of the Wide Centre-Back is to stop the opposing attackers from playing and to clear the ball from danger when required.

However, unlike standard central defenders, the Wide Centre-Back is encouraged to stay wide in possession and support the midfield more like a fullback.

Managers have been so creative with how they've used their Wide Centre-Backs, so the developers claim to have added that realism with different duties as well to suit whatever tactical style you want to perform.

But it isn't just the role itself; that role, it performs a number of duties. It attacks, so it overlaps and it underlaps. It was about modifying those tactical instructions and account for how the players behind and in front of them move.

It's all about the movement of the player on the ball, what they do with it, and movement off the ball.

NEW STAFF MEETINGS STRUCTURE​

Work closer with your backroom staff.

A new Staff Meeting structure that brings you closer to the way managers collaborate with their backroom in the real footballing world.

In addition to the Recruitment Meeting introduced in FM21, you'll now have a weekly Staff Meeting with your team to cover a wide range of topics, including Coaching, Development, Staffing and Squad Planning.

From the Sports Science deparment to the Video Analysis department to the Coaching department to the Academy department, it's all bringing that together into one major weekly meeting.

You can't do it all on your own. Delegation and man-management of your staff so they know what you're looking for.

You're preparing training, you're looking at if players are injured, if they're available to train, are they available for the next match. So, those meetings are hugely important.

SCOUTING IMPROVEMENTS​

Things like the value revamp changes are going to change the way that people do transfers inside the game.

It looks like a small change at first but is actually quite a big thing.

Unearth the future superstars.

More info will be announced soon.

MANAGER AVATAR CUSTOMIZATION EXPANDED​

This year we get a more customizable manager avatar.

Among other options, eyebrows are now editable for your in-game character. There are also more facial hair presets and more skin color choices.

Miles Jacobson's recent profile picture uploads on Twitter depict improvements applied to Facegen.

Take control like never before.

NEW GAME MODE: VERSUS​

The Versus mode was introduced in FM21 Touch, and will be making its debut on the full-fat version of FM22, possibly expanded.

So what is versus mode? You can load the team you manage from your offline save and face off against friends/foe in a one-off or tournament style.

While more details of this game mode remain unknown, the following text is shown; “Exclusively for FMFC members. Join now and find out more >”.
Nothing has been posted yet on FMFC.

Versus Mode in Football Manager 2022 won't be introduced until early next year, as there's quite a bit of development work required and SI didn't want to delay the game's release.

Thanks for this detail post mate, I haven't played FM for a long time so I am definitely looking forward to it this year. )
You can even play it on Game Pass this year, so if you don't purchase the game.
You can get a trial of Game Pass and give a go for a month.

How mod friendly is it on Gamepass?
Not very.

You can add graphics into the Documents folder, but when it comes to fixing fake names, you need access to the installation folder, and Windows blocks access to this.

I (and many others) tried to hack around it, and I ended up completely corrupting my Windows installation. It's a hard no.

I've learnt to live with the fake names sadly...

Not very.

You can add graphics into the Documents folder, but when it comes to fixing fake names, you need access to the installation folder, and Windows blocks access to this.

I (and many others) tried to hack around it, and I ended up completely corrupting my Windows installation. It's a hard no.

I've learnt to live with the fake names sadly...

Thanks I will just get this on Steam than plus I will avoiding the DRM that is attached to Gamepass games.

Edit: I actually meant GoG to avoid DRM but it looks like FM isn't on there.😬 I have been away from FM too long haha but still Steam is my only other option.

Football Manager - I don't think warrants multiple threads for the game and then one for an editing thread.

There seems to be very little interest in the game on these forums and the numbers are dwindling year on year, if you look back at FM 11 or 12 the pages went on and on in regards to people discussing the game.

When it comes to FM now, it seems that it is just a case of me posting updates and Chris liking them..

Football Manager - I don't think warrants multiple threads for the game and then one for an editing thread.

There seems to be very little interest in the game on these forums and the numbers are dwindling year on year, if you look back at FM 11 or 12 the pages went on and on in regards to people discussing the game.

When it comes to FM now, it seems that it is just a case of me posting updates and Chris liking them..

Starting from this year I'll be here too because I'll have more time to play it knowing the fact that FIFA and eFootball are shambolic to play them on long term.
It's also mostly because I'm an old classic CM fan, and I'm definitely sure that I'll put hundreds of hours into this game. Apart from PES & CM classics I think this will be the best option for me for years to come... Btw, thanks for creating this thread, and hope that will grow in the next months...

Nice thread. I’ll be checking in from time to time. I’m limited to the Xbox version these due to not having the time to invest into a full PC/Mac save game. I’d love to have the time to play the full version. Not hating on the modern game. I can’t be mad about not having time to play it. I’d lap it all up when I was in my teens/20s.

the Xbox version was decent enough last year. Especially on the Series consoles. Hoping for some nice additions this year.

FM Beta Updates:-

Real Licensing Fix - v.0.4 - Most important file for FM
Adds Real Teams and missing International Teams back in the game + Changes the competition names to the correct names.
There are more fake teams this year than ever before, with even Manchester UFC making the game due to an ongoing court case.

Face Pack - Complete Face Pack for FM22, you can use the old one if you don't want to redownload a complete new pack, but this is the new version 22.00

Kits - There are some kits which have been uploaded already, and these will be updated when the full game is released in November.
At present these are also a mixture of the normal kit template and the FC12 template to make sure most leagues have latest kits.
They will be changed to the proper template once they are available - This was done on the basis any kit is better than no kit.

Adboards - This year an Adboard project has been started to allow the match engine to have a very realistic look, rather than having the same generic game sponsor adboards which are very common in FM and FIFA.

These files have been uploaded to the OneDrive.
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtsC_3_xeYYCge5lORS3CSXTv98JNA
Password - evoweb

The files will be updates again once the full game is released on the 9th November.

Quick question from me too... Do the licensing file fixes still need to go in Program Files folders? (Which will mean they still can't be used with the Game Pass version.)

Just wondering if SI have been kind enough to change this...

Quick question from me too... Do the licensing file fixes still need to go in Program Files folders? (Which will mean they still can't be used with the Game Pass version.)

Just wondering if SI have been kind enough to change this...

Judging by the guide on the SortitoutSI website you can change some of the files, but you can't delete the fake files.
So Man Utd will always be known as Manchester UFC.
The Sports Interactive document folder in Documents is there, so you can add graphics and tactics and things like that but you don't have access to the actual database, so the FAKE files can't be accessed and deleted.

However without the game being released as yet on GamePass, they don't know how much of the game DBC files are going to be restricted.
But what I have seen with the Xbox GamePass games, the folders and file formats of the games are incredibly restricted.

It is for these reasons, I bought the game from ShopTo.

There does seem to be a way with FM 21, but seems a ball ache.

With developer mode on - Win + R, enter ms-settings:developers, Ok
Open the FM2021, till the load screen
Open the UWPDumper, it will scan the open apps, just type the fm.exe ID, after that, it will extratc the files to a DUMP folder. (If in doubt, see the linked video.)
Now you can copy the content of this folder to a new one, C:\FM2021 for example ( You can name it or place it in anyway/anywhere you want)
In this folder, follow the regular instructions from this post, deleting and replacing the files.
Close and uninstall the FM2021 (you have to uninstall, otherwise this wont work)
Inside the new folder (the one you create after copy the DUMP folder) , type, on the adress bar: "powershell", then enter.
Just type the comand: Add-AppxPackage -path .\appxmanifest.xml -register
The game will be installed with the new modified files
https://www.fmanager.com.br/topic/134636-fm-21-no-xbox-game-pass/

1st November Update:-

Kits
- updated to 1st November - Although there was only a couple so not much point updating if previously downloaded
Faces - Updated to 2022.01
Logos - Metallic Logos have been updated to FM2022_v1
I have also removed the Steel Logos and TCM logos, as these are not updated as regularly as the Metallic Logos + When I installed the Steel Logos for myself there was issues with the folders in some of the update packs having different names, and me having to sort the folder names for them all to display correctly.
Backgrounds - I have re-added the Google Background images, although I personally really hate these, I am sure some people like them.

As stated previously, I have now removed all FM21 graphics as the FM22 graphics will work in FM21.

The next updates will come when the game is officially released as the licence fix file currently only fixes some of the issues with the game, but on full release these will be fixed correctly.

As for updates for FM21, there will be no longer be any updates for this game - Database updates are freely available on the internet and FMScout would be a good source to get an up to date file.

Yeah I went ahead and bought it on Steam instead of dealing with Gamepass but haven't played the beta yet kinda want to wait until the 9th. Also thanks @bsmaff for sharing your onedrive.

Good news to gamepass users.
I pre-installed the game with gamepass PC, and there is an option to activate mods, it's possible to install the license fix in the installation folder.
1636066990518.png

Only seems to work with the main edition in PC, the xbox edition doesn't allow any change.

Attachments

• 1636066939987.png
    1636066939987.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
I didn't followed their Q/A but one thing is tilting me : did they mentionned if there will be an "extra" update? I mean, there's tons of teams updated after their March update, the last one since... Forever. But MLS and tons of South American teams got another transfers period. Even FIFA and PES update their game until June or July.
Just wanted to know if somebody here have listenned to that. To me it's by far more important than some of their tons of features they provide.
It permit to start a season like if you started on July and buy players etc. during the summers transfers. That's often the time when i start seriously to play that game.
Thanks in advance, just wanted to know if to me the biggest game issue is resolved (i repeat : to me)

Back
Top Bottom