Flight of the Conchords

T Butcher fan

Champions League
3 December 2001
Don't think this one has been brought up before, but a sitcom I really recommend - it follows two Kiwi's trying to break the US music scene with their band "Flight of the Conchords"

It draws comparisons to the Mighty Boosh because they break into song fairly regularly, but much as I'm a fan of the Boosh, Flight of the Conchords far surpasses it.

There's not a great deal of clips to watch on Youtube (it's mostly their songs) but this link will give you a good idea of what to expect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY8jaGs7xJ0

Couldnt get past the whole breaking into song thing, I FF those parts, twas on my Sky Plus for a while, but in the end, I deleted it, not enough to keep me amused from week to week, and with time of a premium, would rather watch something else.

It din't want to watch it but I'm glad you created this thread. It's AWESOME !

Songs are very basic but great. The humour is special but I like it a lot. And there are crazy characters, especially Murray and Mel :).

This. This is fucking gold.

Started watching this a couple of days ago, totally loving it. The new season's going to be aired soon too.

Hey man, I just want some Muesli. :LOL:

this is some funny shit!

the first song in the first ep is class!

"you could be a part-time model"

"business time" and "rhymenocerus Vs hiphoptamus"

are my faves!

not as funny as boosh but really enjoyed 1st series!

201-205

I really love this type of humour. Stupidity and intelligence mixed together. The songs are not perfect but they are as captivating as season 1's.

9/10

Oh my word, that's fucking brilliant! That video had me in tears laughing! I have to watch this!

this is some funny shit!

the first song in the first ep is class!

"you could be a part-time model"

"business time" and "rhymenocerus Vs hiphoptamus"

are my faves!

not as funny as boosh but really enjoyed 1st series!

"But you'd still have to keep your current job" :LMAO:

I actually quite liked that song itself, I'd actually listen to that on an album :LOL:

First episode was superb, REALLY funny and enjoyed it a ton. Looking forward to watching the rest :D

Last edited by a moderator:
"Did you just call her Yoko?"

"Ono..."

"There! He just said Ono to sound like 'Oh no' didn't you!"

"Ono I didn't"

"You did it again!"

"Ono, did I?"

Saw that one on a plane about a year ago. Wet myself laughing, the girl next to me must of thought I was 'special' :LOL:

210 - Series Finale

I loooooooved it.

Season 2 was more about jokes, with less and shorter songs but there was always quality and cleverness.

8+/10

I didn't know that was the finale... :(

One of my favourite comedy shows ever, it doesn't get much better.

Just seriously getting into this as the 1st series is on BT Vision.

In fact, I'm actually listening to the 'Flight of the Conchords' album right now in iTunes :LOL:

"I'm the muthaflippin' Rymenoceros"

"Could somebody please... remove these cutlery's... from my knees" :LOL:

I love the songs - looking forward to series 2... off to Usenet methinks.

Watched all of series 2 whilst away on hols last week. Dont think it was as good as S1 - too many other characters involved in the songs and it was weaker for it (guess they ran out of material).

Dont think you can beat the purple patch of 3-4 episodes in the middle of S1 - and I believe they are not doing a third season...

anybody here able to help me with this site? sign up etc. possible english version?

i really want to see them live and stockholm would be brilliant for me , just have to try and order some tickets later today...

http://www.eventim.se/cgi-bin/tickets.html?affiliate=LFC&fun=tdetailb&doc=evdetailb&key=423087$948194

Back
Top Bottom