FIX FOR Become A Legend

lambro

Non-League
4 September 2008
1)Disable autosave,save manually in different slots after every match.

2)play with a res of 1024x768. (or inferior)

1024 768? i would rather not play it at all :D

what a disgrace is this bug, how can Konami miss such a huge bug

Thanks for this mate, normally I play 1280x1024 so it isn't that bad to play on 1024x768 for me. But still it's stupid that a crash like this can happen with a full game :CONFUSE:

Its probably some animation that cannot be displayed in resolution higher than 1280x800 or something so if its that simple I expect a fix from Konami pretty quick.

Can wait to get back into the Be A Legend mode again... Its pretty addictive.

thats why i was thinkin why wasnt i getting this BUG after 1st season

i usually play @ 1024x768 resolution with Autosave OFF :D

thanks for telling though :)

The max is not 1024x768.

I was playing on 1680x1050(using kitserver or tweaked settings.exe) and was getting constant crashes.

The max resolution that i get on the original settings.exe (on high quality) is 1280x720, while playing on this resolution i never got a single crash.

So, just stick to the max resolution you get on the original settings and you should be ok i guess.

But we still need a quick patch release from Konami, anything lower than 1680x1050 on a 22" screen looks like crap.

it don't help me.
I tried every resolution (original settings.exe)
but everytime i load the save game my game crashes (directly after I loaded it)
is ther another solution (NORMALLY PLAYING 1440X900)

it don't help me.
I tried every resolution (original settings.exe)
but everytime i load the save game my game crashes (directly after I loaded it)
is ther another solution (NORMALLY PLAYING 1440X900)

changing the resolution is 'to-prevent-crash'.
which means, your saved file is already corrupted, so there's nothing to do with this solution.

so change your resolution lower than 1280x800,
start a 'new' season, then you'll be okay

The max is not 1024x768.

I was playing on 1680x1050(using kitserver or tweaked settings.exe) and was getting constant crashes.

The max resolution that i get on the original settings.exe (on high quality) is 1280x720, while playing on this resolution i never got a single crash.

So, just stick to the max resolution you get on the original settings and you should be ok i guess.

But we still need a quick patch release from Konami, anything lower than 1680x1050 on a 22" screen looks like crap.

Sorry, but I have the option of choosing 1440x900 on the original settings.exe without the kitserver application, and it still crashed.

How i do it: I play 1600X1200 saves the game after every match, not autosave. When i see "konami" in the left corner before a match then the game is about to get corrupt. This have been true 100% fo me. So if u see "konami" in upper left corner then the next game will crash or have stupd formations.
Then i just quit the game, change resulution 2 1024X768 and play the previous game again and the game that was supposed to crash. Then i higher the settings again and go on untill next time "konami" shows up. Its that or playing 1025X768 all the time

How i do it: I play 1600X1200 saves the game after every match, not autosave. When i see "konami" in the left corner before a match then the game is about to get corrupt. This have been true 100% fo me. So if u see "konami" in upper left corner then the next game will crash or have stupd formations.
Then i just quit the game, change resulution 2 1024X768 and play the previous game again and the game that was supposed to crash. Then i higher the settings again and go on untill next time "konami" shows up. Its that or playing 1025X768 all the time
I''m gonna try this method. Hope it will work.

Maybe i should clarify: When i see the "konami" in upper left i DONT save the game, because i know its corrupt.. so the game i played before "konami" showed up i have to play one more time, in lower resolution.

1280 x 800 works fine for me, as opposed to 1680 x 1050. Mostly from what I've heard 1280 x 800 is the highest resolution before it causes the crash. Also, having Auto-Save on is the absolute killer because it crashes whilst auto-saving, so your data is screwed. I never use Auto-Save if I have an option.

As for that download link, be careful as if you are in the starting line-up stage then it'll give you 11 GK's etc. It's a good tool if you've got a corrupted file you can't get back because, well, you've got nothing to lose. For the time being though, the best option is to simply play on the lower resolution until KONAMI sort it.

EDIT : Goalan, could you upload a screenshot of this upper left KONAMI, as I'm not quite sure what you mean exactly??

Last edited:
after u use the tool and goalkeepers take over the world is there a way back to normal roster after u lower the resulution and disable auto-save (not home at the moment so cant try)

by the way far the best game 4 me.it had to be something u know too good to be truth :(

does anyone know of 1280x800 is good for sure?
because I want to try that, but I don't want to get a crash.
so can anyone confirm this?

what is the solution for crash at become a legend mode..i have read many topic in this forum related to the crash but don't see any solution..only change resolution..anyone?i have installed offical patch 1.1 and 1.2..still get this crash

1280 x 800 work for most of us.

I you have patch 1.1 and 1.2 still getting crash at lower resolution, u maybe using an illegal copy of the game. i think konami patch the game to prevent illegal copy of the game to play BAL.

Back
Top Bottom