FIFA/EASFC and PES/eFootball: Contrast & Compare

Same issues that have always been. PES players have individuality, fifa players are only faster or slower.... Fifa has amazing overall presentation and package. I also will say the shooting in fifa is weird, if you shoot it at the keeper its like on a rope. Both are good in there own way, but so far I have been losing tons of games as Dijon in ML and im enjoying the gameplay immensley. yes there are tons of flaws but PES has been pretty good this year

Every other year I would agree but this year there's much more to players than being 'faster or slower'.

pes and individuality ? please , where ? You still live in pes 6 era . it was tested by many people and it hard to say that there is difference when it comes to speed , passing and shooting in Pes. I see more individuality in fifa for last 2 or 3 years.

pes and individuality ? please , where ? You still live in pes 6 era . it was tested by many people and it hard to say that there is difference when it comes to speed , passing and shooting in Pes. I see more individuality in fifa for last 2 or 3 years.
In Pes many many players have different running animations,dribbling animations,corner cick animations etc to reproduce how they move in real life and you can tell who you are controlling without even look on his name.
In Fifa they all run in the same retarded way with mental quick moving legs and their chest straight up like all players are Sterling lol.Actually in the demo i noticed that Robben runs more like in real life and that's the first i see in Fifa.
But still,that's one player.Pes has tons of players with this kind of individuality.And also you can edit all these things like how he moves and taking corners and free kicks etc in edit mode.In Fifa it's all the same and you can't change anything.
Even corner kick types are all the same.
Not hating on Fifa though.I didn't like the demo mostly because the ball still had that pathetic small size and i just can't take this for serious with such a ridiculous ball.But in the full game it's fixed and has a normal ball size fortunatelly so i'm gonna try it and might actually get it if it plays nice on slow and correct sliders.
Both games have good and bad things.I overall prefer Pes for what it offers in gameplay but Fifa also has it's strong points in some aspects and i could play it from time to time to get something different.

I've played the short FIFA 19 demo more than the full game of PES 2019, which just sits on my PS4 hard drive just looking pathetic now.

Where are both games heading? What state will PES be in 3 years time? Will there even be a PES 2022?

FIFA is here for the long haul. I just hope and pray that they don't ditch Career Mode at some point but FIFA 19 gives me hope as they seem to still have a tiny bit of affection for it, seeing as there are big Career Mode Youtubers like MGH out there...EA actually do listen to the consumers and reply to them as well.

But PES and Konami. Is it on its last legs now? I dont see how they save themselves for the calamitous PES 2019 release. Even myclub fans are tearing into the official PES account on twitter.

In Pes many many players have different running animations,dribbling animations,corner cick animations etc to reproduce how they move in real life and you can tell who you are controlling without even look on his name.
In Fifa they all run in the same retarded way with mental quick moving legs and their chest straight up like all players are Sterling lol.Actually in the demo i noticed that Robben runs more like in real life and that's the first i see in Fifa.
But still,that's one player.Pes has tons of players with this kind of individuality.And also you can edit all these things like how he moves and taking corners and free kicks etc in edit mode.In Fifa it's all the same and you can't change anything.
Not hating on Fifa though.I didn't like the demo mostly because the ball still had that pathetic small size and i just can't take this for serious with such a ridiculous ball.But in the full game it's fixed and has a normal ball size fortunatelly so i'm gonna try it and might actually get it if it plays nice on slow and correct sliders.
Both games have good and bad things.I overall prefer Pes for what it offers in gameplay but Fifa also has it's strong points in some aspects and i could play it from time to time to get something different.
totally agree

animation doesnt mean that there is more individuality ,you missing main point. Yes , in pes you can find a little bit better running animations but stats doesnt matter at all since pes 2014 was realeased and this is issue we talking about for years.

Said it before but pes has better passing, crossing, player models and likeness.
But......I am comparing full game pes to demo fifa so my view may change come Friday.

But off the pitch and nice touches in game fifa absolutely slaughters pes 100%

animation doesnt mean that there is more individuality ,you missing main point. Yes , in pes you can find a little bit better running animations but stats doesnt matter at all since pes 2014 was realeased and this is issue we talking about for years.
Saying that stats doesn't matter AT ALL is totally untrue.If you had played many matches yourself and not base your opinion on what others say you would see this.Especially in 19 they matter more than in previous versions.I play myclub for the first time and i can feel how fast and good dribbler Messi is,how slow and clumsy but good header Dzeko is,how tough Nainggolan is in the centre in comparison to someone like Iniesta who is more technical,how good passer De Bruyne is compared to someone else etc etc.
And passing is more difficult on PA1 this time.You really have to think how and where to pass and you struggle to string passes especially if the opponent puts pressure on you.Comparing this with Fifa's mental speed hockey like passing it surely feels more realistic and rewarding.
This ''myth'' that stats don't matter is based on that speed comparison video from 1-2 years ago where you see that a slow player covers the pitch in the same time as a fast player.But it's kinda misleading.
If you put attention you can see that the slow player opens the ball up front while running much more and he covers more meters without the ball in comparison with the fast player who keeps the ball in close control and dribbles more with it,that's why it gives the impression that the slow player is also kinda fast but thats because he covers more meters without the ball in close control.If you try to run with him in a normal match you won't be able to do anything and you'll have the ball stolen.
So yes,stats matter,especially in 19.People aren't crazy to spend money to buy good players(well..maybe they are but that's a different story lol),if they could have the same results with average players.
You can't expect from a video game to reproduce exactly to the point the difference between a 81 passer and a 83 passer for sure because there are other things like assistance also that makes a difference.But in a bigger scale of a 8 or 10 points difference you can feel it for sure.
When it comes to things like medium teams playing better that they should it's an issue caused by the difficulty you're playing and it happens in both games.In Fifa you also see average teams play like Barca with 90% pass completion in higher difficulties.If you want a more realistic feel against these teams you can just lower the difficulty.

mate , i dont want argue with you , just i can not see ,,difference'' you talking about. And its not only me , there is many people who trying to report this issue to Konami every year but most of the time they get banned :D For me stats and individuality is most important part of game , thats why i am so focused on this issue. In pes 19 you can cross like beckham with any low rated player , same problem is with low pass , ball control and shooting. And trust me , its not myth. I tested it for about 4 hours with low (60 overall) and high (90 overall) rated players . i did same test in pes 18. Only difference is top player animations , thats all.

Even myclub fans are tearing into the official PES account on twitter.

Just looked at this twitter thing and my impression is that the focus from pes on the sticker-collecter players of myclub.
"who did you get this week?" etc etc whilst not really addressing some of the tweets about connection issues/lag etc

the pumping out of all these black balls feels like a deliberate effort to buy time whilst AI is sorted out OR
its being used as an addictive hook.

PES could either make a comeback for on-the-pitch gamers OR it will continue its aim to appease sticker collectors.

we shall see.

At the moment there isn't one single reason to compare FIFA and PES. The first is in another league really.

That being said.. They COULD destroy their momentum when all FUT players complain.
And PES COULD be a magnificent game if they actually had a meaningful AI. They are still superior in player-feeling, unpredictability and ball physics.

FIFA is just a more completed game in all areas. There is a connection between every single element of the game.

PES isn't even at my list at the moment. Really just laying in the drawer. My personal belief is that if they are fixing the problems, it is so far from being on the radar of people.

Personally I consider just to enjoy FIFA. Learning the game. Hoping for fewer patches, instead of another year where I will be switching between the two titles.

At the moment there isn't one single reason to compare FIFA and PES. The first is in another league really.

That being said.. They COULD destroy their momentum when all FUT players complain.
And PES COULD be a magnificent game if they actually had a meaningful AI. They are still superior in player-feeling, unpredictability and ball physics.

FIFA is just a more completed game in all areas. There is a connection between every single element of the game.

PES isn't even at my list at the moment. Really just laying in the drawer. My personal belief is that if they are fixing the problems, it is so far from being on the radar of people.

Personally I consider just to enjoy FIFA. Learning the game. Hoping for fewer patches, instead of another year where I will be switching between the two titles.

I haven't tried this myself, but what if you turn off the auto-update feature on the PS4, and just never install the latest patch? You could of course just disconnect the internet, but that would be inconvenient for a lot of reasons.

https://www.androidcentral.com/how-turn-auto-update-games

mate , i dont want argue with you , just i can not see ,,difference'' you talking about. And its not only me , there is many people who trying to report this issue to Konami every year but most of the time they get banned :D For me stats and individuality is most important part of game , thats why i am so focused on this issue. In pes 19 you can cross like beckham with any low rated player , same problem is with low pass , ball control and shooting. And trust me , its not myth. I tested it for about 4 hours with low (60 overall) and high (90 overall) rated players . i did same test in pes 18. Only difference is top player animations , thats all.
That's because the assistance settings play a bigger role of what they should and that's an issue in both games.
They make the assistance bigger so people won't be frustrated and start complaining.But PA1 in Pes 19 is surely more difficult now and you can't easy ping pong passes against good opponents online like you can in Fifa because the ball moves slower and has more error and realistic physics.And as i said if stats didn't play any role people wouldn't try to get the best players but instead would play with average bad players and that's not the case.
So what,in Fifa you can see this perfect individuality you're saying and feel difference between 72 and 76 passers?I've played tons of Fifa also and i don't see this there.I see Swansea playing like Barca with 92% pass completion instead.Anyway,play what you like and have fun because that's the most important.But saying that stats in Pes don't work AT ALL is simply trolling.
Yeah they could work better but because of the assistance settings it's a difficult thing to achieve and that's an issue in both games.
But still they work to some degree.Go play online with a shit team against a superstars team and then come back here and tell me that stats don't matter lol.

Last edited:

We obviously all prefer different things here.. i personally prefer a realistic looking a feeling game, and despite pes's ai issue, how can fifa be a more complete game when it doesn't even get the fundamentals right??? The fundamentals surely has more weight on completeness than presentation or the number of moves you can do. In fifa's current state - poor alienesque player physics, ugly running animations, and the weird tacky ball physics make this game anything but complete. I just saw these awesome quality 4k clips on youtube:

.. both of which highlight exactly how horrible and unrealistic fifa looks. The comments say it all, finally some sense when it comes to youtube comments :)

Some idiot recently posted something along the lines as once fifa comes out, any day now, all those who played PES will suddenly sell off their copies and buy fifa. Yeah, those people who don't give a shite about realism. Get outta here!!!!

It's diffcult to choose game without have two of them for test online playing. I have Pes and i played 100 ranking matches. I played FIFA 19 only demo. It's different experiance than online playing. Now i have to buy FIFA 19 played 100 online matches and choose which game is better. For testing 60 euros spend it's expensive. I don't have choise and i have to buy FIFA 19 to check online experiance compere to Pes and than sell Pes or FIFA :CONF:

Some idiot recently posted something along the lines as once fifa comes out, any day now, all those who played PES will suddenly sell off their copies and buy fifa. Yeah, those people who don't give a shite about realism. Get outta here!!!!
First of all, less of the "idiot". You insult someone, you go.

Secondly, graphics don't equal realism. Frankly, if it's the graphics that you're after, PES is definitely the game for you. Weird isn't it - it used to be the other way around...

No doubt FIFA would benefit from PES animations and it would look more realistic. No point in saying otherwise. But you're saying because PES LOOKS better, the perfect passing (and attributes meaning nothing), the every-shot-is-a-perfect-contact nature of the game, the AI being absolutely and utterly one-dimensional (for two years in a row) the Master League being empty... makes a realistic game.

No.

When the AI was like that in FIFA (and it has been for years and years), the FIFA discussion topic was full of people saying "all teams play to the difficulty level" (i.e. the harder you make the game, the more that the AI just hits the same patterns to guarantee they score). Nobody here is blind, or blinded by graphics.

Stuff like this (fans who say "FIFA's just about graphics it's shit", only to flip and say "PES is the best because graphics" when they get good) is why PES will never, ever change. Trust me on that. (But the people left playing PES just want to play PES - and therefore, you'll always be happy - no matter what happens to it.)

the funny thing is : when looking at a comparison vid on youtube it is indeed clear that the PES graphics are much better, i should say miles better.

However when playing Fifa i really don't notice it that much. Sure, it has awkward animations, some of them sped up, some of them perhaps a bit unrealistic.
But on the other hand, it has load of gorgeous animations as well.

Each time i look at a fifa vid on youtube, the running animations and player models look like shit.
But, again, when actually playing it i simply do not notice it.

the funny thing is : when looking at a comparison vid on youtube it is indeed clear that the PES graphics are much better, i should say miles better.

However when playing Fifa i really don't notice it that much. Sure, it has awkward animations, some of them sped up, some of them perhaps a bit unrealistic.

Each time i look at a fifa vid on youtube, the running animations and player models look like shit.

Same, I'm too busy enjoying the game to notice, which again is a throwback to how things used to be with Pro.

Same, I'm too busy enjoying the game to notice, which again is a throwback to how things used to be with Pro.
It's the same with ground passes - they look horrible. But I've forgotten about them now. That's not an excuse - they could look so much better - but... I don't see it, until I watch a YouTube video.

The lack of fouls is a bigger concern. Because that's actual gameplay.

Same for me. At some point I stop noticing. It happened with every Fifa I liked.

By the way, AI and individuality are fundamentals.

This should be the first post in this topic.

Kotaku have put up a FIFA v PES article, and it is absolutely spot on, IMO. Gameplay being the meat of the article.

Kotaku: FIFA 19 v PES 2019

All of this is just so true, IMO. Including the last line.

A combination of more physical play and the excellence of its singleplayer story mode makes FIFA 19 one of the best football games of the last decade, right up there with the groundbreaking FIFA 09 and PES’ Fox Engine debut back in 2013.

The biggest improvement FIFA boasts this year is that everything feels more immediate, more intimate. Close control is closer and shielding more effective, with the result that the game is now so much more than just bulldozing runs and spammed throughballs. Defending benefits from this too, with the dance between simply pressing and lunging in for a tackle now balanced almost perfectly.

This sounds minor, but it absolutely transforms the game, slowing everything down and bringing FIFA far closer to the kind of measured experience PES has long been known for. Sure, old fashioned FIFA tactics can still be used, but a delicate, methodical approach to goal is now more possible than ever for EA’s series, and the ability to switch between the two styles whenever you want (or need) is a welcome one.

Not that these advances can offset FIFA’s long-standing deficiencies in other areas. Like they have since the beginning of time, the rubbery animation of players still sucks.

Good article that - if you click on the same review from a year ago (in which PES18 won) he finishes off by saying - If Komami do not improve off field then it will get left behind in 2019. He was right.

In a world of 4K colours Konami choose Grey for the loading screens.

This should be the first post in this topic.

Kotaku have put up a FIFA v PES article, and it is absolutely spot on, IMO. Gameplay being the meat of the article.

Kotaku: FIFA 19 v PES 2019

All of this is just so true, IMO. Including the last line.
98% of FIFA players are going to rush straight into Ultimate Team and barely see the rest of an incredibly generous game, and 100% of Pro Evo fanatics are going to spend the next 11 months telling detractors “oh you can just mod in the official kits”.
:LMAO:

Secondly, graphics don't equal realism. Frankly, if it's the graphics that you're after, PES is definitely the game for you. Weird isn't it - it used to be the other way around...

Big call re graphics not equaling realism. Sure it doesnt equate to the game being 100% realistic, but Id say most would agree (not everyone obviously) that visuals are the biggest contributer to making any game look n feel realistic. Its the first thing u notice. More so than how the game actually 'feels' when control in hand n playing. And this year, the 'feel' of pes2019 (pace n weightiness of players n ball) matches the awesome graphics... its what gives me that realism in terms of feeling like im actually playing football on a console. Anyways..it is weird re how it used to be the other way around. I used to really be into fifa12 for that reason. And I think its why i could never really give pes13 (which was supposed to be ok) a proper go...too robotic in movement.

Anyways cos its graphics n realism (more realistic player physics n animations) im after, ill stick with pes2019!!! Great news just on hand that a patch is coming re AI....finally konami acknowledge it

First of all, less of the "idiot". You insult someone, you go.

Not even sure to who i was referring to, but yeah i did say it...n i apologise for the insult.

but Id say most would agree (not everyone obviously) that visuals are the biggest contributer to making any game look n feel realistic. Its the first thing u notice.
I really tried to enjoy the Unreal Engine 4 London Loft demo. Got bored after a minute or two. Maybe you'll like it. Download link in description.

I am really torn apart to get or not Fifa. Everything looks good but when I see ball movement on the pitch it just stop me to do it and buy the game. It looks super artificial and like the ball is glued to the ground and really heavy but while crossing and long balls it looks like baloon. Don`t know if increasing pass speed can help for ground passes becouse probably this will turn cpu into pin pong fest. If someone can test this I will be happy but knowing previous versions of Fifa how game reacts to changing sliders I am not very optimistic. It`s far to wait for end of October for Konami patch and pray for fixing ai :(

Totally agree with that Kotaku article, except where he compares FIFA 19 to the "groundbreaking Fox Engine." Overhyped and underwhelming, more like it.

Same for me. At some point I stop noticing. It happened with every Fifa I liked.

By the way, AI and individuality are fundamentals.

Yep ai n individuality are fundementals. Still think visuals n animations come first as u see/notice them first. But yeah ai is big...Not sure of fifa19s ai, but its something thats currently pes19s biggest issue. Re individuality...pes does dribbling n on ball controll very well. What needs stepping up is passing accuracy n shots when playing full manual. Not sure how it is on assisted...only play full manual. Got no idea on what fifa19 has to offer in this regard...as i cannot get passed the visuals hahaha see it does matter

Totally agree with that Kotaku article, except where he compares FIFA 19 to the "groundbreaking Fox Engine." Overhyped and underwhelming, more like it.
Yep...Fox Engine is extremely overhyped.

So, FIFA 19 v PES 2019.

Only one winner I am afraid. I own both, have played both and FIFA 19 is the better game both ON the pitch and OFF of it this year. PES 2019 is like playing a demo, it doesn't really matter what team you use, so many players pass and shoot exactly the same. Then you've got the awful, horrible, turgid AI that spams low cross every other attacking move. It's a bad game this year. It's so flawed that I hate the sight of it on my HDD whenever I turn the PS4 on.

FIFA 19 is a joy to play OFFLINE. I still hate it online, but I hate all football games online because it's about winning first and foremost. There's so much depth and individuality to each and every team I play as in this FIFA....and same goes for CPU AI. It's never been as tactical, or as unpredictable. Plus you've got the usual presentation which is better than ever, official CL and Europa League licenses this year and two sets of commentary teams....You simply get faaaaaaar more quality and quantity for the money you spend.

Back
Top Bottom