FIFA 21 Discussion (Console Versions)

Holly shit. Game looks outstanding on ps5 and good tv. Im so surprised. Jesus.... Phenomenal. They dont move so crap like in 2020.. totally diferent, much, much better. On manual plays really deamn good! I would never thought so.. i really like it. I could not end one game in 2020 because of how unnatural players were moving. Shit im schocke
Yes I said that since december. I really apprrciate your post. On FUMA it's Amazing!

Downloaded FIFA 21 (for the XB1) to take a look as it was free on EA Play. I'm gobsmacked by how terrible it is. I'm sure the next-gen version looks great but the XB1 version looks worse than when I was playing FIFA 15 on a $200 laptop with no video card. Appalling. As for the fluidity, it's so clunky yet somehow incredibly responsive at times. Literally felt no accomplishment or passion scoring goals. I feel sorry for anybody paying money for this at launch.

Downloaded FIFA 21 (for the XB1) to take a look as it was free on EA Play. I'm gobsmacked by how terrible it is. I'm sure the next-gen version looks great but the XB1 version looks worse than when I was playing FIFA 15 on a $200 laptop with no video card. Appalling. As for the fluidity, it's so clunky yet somehow incredibly responsive at times. Literally felt no accomplishment or passion scoring goals. I feel sorry for anybody paying money for this at launch.
My main concern is how shitty the CPU ai is.
No crossing,hardly any shots from outside the box,to me they're pretty much trying to replicate how a FUT kid plays the game,short passing-short passing-short passing in to the box for a tap in.
At the same time,feels pretty good controlling the ball at times,but this isn't for me (I gave it a real go)
Not agreeing on looks though,it looks pretty damn good on my Xbox one x

Just looking at the control/assistance options in FIFA21 compared to a few years ago, playing as 'manual' as possible makes little to no difference, it still feels like decisions are being made on your behalf. The CPU frequently overrides where you're trying to pass to a player of its choosing. Even totally manual passing won't allow you to play a ball into space where you want to and manual through-balls are nowhere near manual because it plays the ball where it wants, not where you aim most of the time.

A slightly improved (although they'd eff it up) version of FIFA 16 or 15 would be the best thing that could happen to this franchise but in a year where they successfully managed to screw up FIFA (although it was screwed up last year too), NHL, NFL, UFC, does anybody have any honest hope this years won't be worse?

I never thought I'd feel ripped off downloading a free game but both EA (and Konami increasingly every year) clearly only care about micro-transactions and gameplay aimed at 7-10 year olds who want highlight reel action for the full game.

I also gave a go to the game on pc as it is free. What a disgrace the game is. @TheWolf you described it really well. Clunky and too responsive at the same time.
Playing 20 immediately after feels like playing a way more advanced game. Until you play 20 a bit longer and you realise how broken this game already is/was. Is 21 the rock bottom or can EA dig a bit more?

What are the best sliders for now?
I'll post my ones later, i hated 21 but since the new patch and messing about with sliders im really enjoying it. I never thought i would say that about fifa 21. I'm on PS5 not sure if that will make a difference or not. Getting what i want out of a football game and started a premier league campaign. I've been playing PEs 21 most of the year but its become stale

Anyone still want to try new sliders and a different approach ..I really enjoy these , I think sliders are personal taste though so not for everyone . To help the static defence though in my opinion there are two options . You can either slow the ball right down , which I hate , or speed the players up in relation to pass speed so they react quicker .

I also gave a go to the game on pc as it is free. What a disgrace the game is. @TheWolf you described it really well. Clunky and too responsive at the same time.
Playing 20 immediately after feels like playing a way more advanced game. Until you play 20 a bit longer and you realise how broken this game already is/was. Is 21 the rock bottom or can EA dig a bit more?
I honestly did not think they could screw it up this badly. Such as game because I felt the beta was in a good place. It's a shame for me specifically because even though I don't have that much control, I was part of the beta group and I know my input was well-received (led forum XP for gameplay section). Then to see how the game comes out the way its...just embarrassing. We (OS sliders community) spent so many hours trying to get it remotely playing like football. We tried everything - and I mean everything. If I had streamed my testing, it would've been all-day streams.

Just so frustrating. I really do not have confidence in FIFA right now. I can sense the devs know what is wrong, but there's just too much pressure from a FUT perspective to mess with offline gameplay. It's backwards thinking, and is the reason we are where we are now.

I've been buying FIFA on PC since 2011 every and each year. Last year didn't buy it, not even in discount.
Last weekend was free-to-play on Steam too, and I not even bothered to install it. F@@@ them.

Next month we will know if the PC will get the Next Gen version.

View attachment 106270
I would bet a large amount of money that, if it's not there for Madden, it's not going to be there for FIFA either. Same core engine on both, same reasoning for both (whether that's saving dev time, giving Sony/MS more reason to keep selling next-gen consoles or whatever it is)...

I would bet a large amount of money that, if it's not there for Madden, it's not going to be there for FIFA either. Same core engine on both, same reasoning for both (whether that's saving dev time, giving Sony/MS more reason to keep selling next-gen consoles or whatever it is)...
It doesn't bode well, but then again, the PC version of Madden has next to no players:

https://steamcharts.com/cmp/1239520,1313860

It doesn't bode well, but then again, the PC version of Madden has next to no players:

https://steamcharts.com/cmp/1239520,1313860

That is just steam charts..
Who owns the game on Steam??
If like me most people will own EA games on Origin.

The CDKeys you get from key sites are all Origin keys, so I don’t think you can pay any attention to those figures.

But on another note PC version will be previous gen.
The average PC is not as good as the PS5/XBX.

Looks like EA's way around gambling laws in future will be a new system they're trialing during the "Festival of FUTball".

Eurogamer: EA now lets you see what's in FIFA loot boxes before you buy them

I don't think it's that different. So a kid clicks a pack, gets to see what's in it this time, and if they're not interested they have to wait 24 hours for the content to refresh - OR... They buy the pack, which "gets it out of the way" and they can preview a "fresh" pack... and the cycle continues.

That is just steam charts..
Who owns the game on Steam??
If like me most people will own EA games on Origin.

The CDKeys you get from key sites are all Origin keys, so I don’t think you can pay any attention to those figures.

But on another note PC version will be previous gen.
The average PC is not as good as the PS5/XBX.
I mean, a minimum of 10 000 people are playing it on Steam at any given time... The average player doesn't use key reseller sites. I'm also playing on Origin, but I'd bet that both games sold more copies on Steam than on Origin. In relative terms, it shouldn't make a difference anyway.

I mean, a minimum of 10 000 people are playing it on Steam at any given time... The average player doesn't use key reseller sites. I'm also playing on Origin, but I'd bet that both games sold more copies on Steam than on Origin. In relative terms, it shouldn't make a difference anyway.

I would bet the other way.
I would say FIFA and Madden on Origin would of outsold steam by about 1000-1

As you would be incredibly stupid to buy it on Steam, rather than use a key site or buying EA Play Pro

I would bet the other way.
I would say FIFA and Madden on Origin would of outsold steam by about 1000-1

As you would be incredibly stupid to buy it on Steam, rather than use a key site or buying EA Play Pro
Well, the numbers imply that quite a lot of people are incredibly stupid then.

https://steamdb.info/app/1313860/graphs/

One could think that the Steam numbers alone are enough of an incentive for EA to bring the next-gen version to PC, but I guess we can only wait and hope.

Somehow, they have to justify the high price of the next-gen titles, which has quietly been adopted by all game developers.
For something like PES 22 or FIFA 22 if the game is good i'll happily pay 60 quid for the PS version.. I will get my monies worth as its basically all i play and my young son is getting into it. I won't buy both this year though

I'm starting to cry if the game is old-gen again for PC. I won't buy it.
On the other side, I think that the fact that PES 2022 will use a new-engine, might force EA to use the next-gen version.
That won't force them to do anything FIFA 22 will outsell PES old engine or not

Back
Top Bottom