FIFA 21 Discussion (Console Versions)

New typeface, same "start off with the gameplay cos nobody cares about that, and build up to ULTIMATE TEAM THE BEST THING GOD EVER CREATED" monthly structure.

Given what the beta gameplay was like compared to retail (and given guys like Operation Sports attended a seminar by a gameplay dev about how much more realism was in the game - only for it to be stripped out before release, even)... I'm going to try my best not to fall for their sweet lies.

I don't like the idea of beta testers. Why are die hard FUT fans given a code for career and vice versa? It always get leaked every year anyway so it's silly to keep doing it. I really hope they sort out overpowered teams in career mode. Top 3 teams in EFL Championship with over 100 points. Teams in 7th place with enough points that in real life would secure automatic promotion. You really can't afford to lose.

Though I do like the new logo. :SMUG:

I believe I stopped playing FIFA 20 when I beat PSG 6-1 and then beat Man City 8-2 only to get beaten by Burnley 5-2. I think I am probably going to skip FIFA 21 since it's a game aimed to FUT and pro gamers(aka fast paced tiki taka skill galore spammer).

Probably the first Fifa I won't buy, have to admit I've gone off football quite a lot of late. Think my Origin access sub will take me through to the early access version or whatever it is so will try a few matches.

I'm a simple man. They make PC port on par with next gen consoles and has Ronaldo R9, I buy. If not, then no buy.

So basically I skipped Fifa 2003-20011, 2014. Made mistake and bought Fifa 2017 but cant add Ronaldo R9 in it cause its not moddable, so what a waste.

2021 will be skipped if its an old gen port.

I didn't even download the FIFA20 demo last year, let alone buy the game, so if this is just another annual update, I know I can resist the temptation to waste money on it.

I think it'll take a new engine to tempt me back but it's always interesting to see what supposedly new features they hype up each year.

New engine and next gen mean absolutely nothing for both games when it comes to gameplay and AI.

Look at 20, the AI is actually worse than previous years (20 idiots on the pitch), because of a simple design choice (1v1 gameplay bs).
It just means prettier graphics. Perhaps. So I'm assuming the excitement for next gen is for a better looking game. If so, fair enough.

And if EA switches from their own in house engine and start paying royalties to another company (say epic for unreal), for no reason at all, I'LL EAT MY HAT. Not happening. 😄

Last edited:
New engine and next gen mean absolutely nothing for both games when it comes to gameplay and AI.

Look at 20, the AI is actually worse than previous years (20 idiots on the pitch), because of a simple design choice (1v1 gameplay bs).
It just means prettier graphics. Perhaps. So I'm assuming the excitement for next gen is for a better looking game. If so, fair enough.

And if EA switches from their own in house engine and start paying royalties to another company (say epic for unreal), for no reason at all, I'LL EAT MY HAT. Not happening. 😄
I'll even eat your hat !

I downloaded the demo, Literally played Volta once just because it was different and couldn't even finish 1 half of a regular match on a 6 minute demo because it was just too stale and depressing.

The indoctrination of the masses that spend £50 on this disc and then their monthly wages on FUT is truly an international sickness.

I would like to get an impressive footy game for ps5 that moves like in Real life on tv 4k sky sport uhd HDR turbo. IT would make me buy ps5 day one

I would like to get an impressive footy game for ps5 that moves like in Real life on tv 4k sky sport uhd HDR turbo. IT would make me buy ps5 day one

Probably the presentation will be close to that...but the gameplay? Probably never.
Yet still keep in mind how less polygons the FIFA models have compared to the PES models already. I expect an increase in that at least and a much realistic audiance and lighting. Also 3d scanned commantators and a studio set like NBA2K has.

Wish they switched from Frostbite to something else. The modding is half dead cause of fros
Next Gen only Xbox Series X and PS5.

https://www.ea.com/sports/nextlevel

Madden 21 on Steam shows old gen screenshots.

So this probably means Fifa 21 will get the same treatment too.

Doesn't matter how good the gameplay or modes are. I'm not gonna support inferior ports. This is why I skipped on pes 15-17 too despite the praise it got. Doesn't mean I will necessarily buy fifa 21 if it gets next gen port either, it has to be good too.

I'm a simple man. They make PC port on par with next gen consoles and has Ronaldo R9, I buy. If not, then no buy.

So basically I skipped Fifa 2003-20011, 2014. Made mistake and bought Fifa 2017 but cant add Ronaldo R9 in it cause its not moddable, so what a waste.

2021 will be skipped if its an old gen port.

There is no such thing as a previous/current or next gen PC. That's why they are talking about consoles. The game is developed on a cross-platform engine, and it should be the same on pc/consoles. The pc is not a port of a console version and the console versions are not "ports" from the pc. In this day and age the game engine just outputs a binary for different hardware. The default graphical settings are going to be different for different consoles much in the same way there are different settings for different pcs and that's it.

The last time the pc was an "old gen" port they were switching to the ignite engine which just happened on consoles a year earlier.

I mean moves not only looks i want to see IT extremely realistic in motion. I will be dissapointed for sure

There is no such thing as a previous/current or next gen PC. That's why they are talking about consoles. The game is developed on a cross-platform engine, and it should be the same on pc/consoles. The pc is not a port of a console version and the console versions are not "ports" from the pc. In this day and age the game engine just outputs a binary for different hardware. The default graphical settings are going to be different for different consoles much in the same way there are different settings for different pcs and that's it.

The last time the pc was an "old gen" port they were switching to the ignite engine which just happened on consoles a year earlier.

Come on now. You already know what I meant by old gen/ next gen port.

Of course the graphical presets wont be same. But if they use lower quality assets made for ps4 on pc, I will consider it "old gen".

Just like what Konami did with Pes 15-17. The engine was still the same, but old gen assets were used for pc port. There is no reason to twist my comment into something complex lol.

Just like what Konami did with Pes 15-17. The engine was still the same, but old gen assets were used for pc port. There is no reason to twist my comment into something complex lol.

Yes, didn't think of konami. Konami is ...Konami. Well there's also no reason for them to use lower quality assets on purpose. We'll see.

Come on now. You already know what I meant by old gen/ next gen port.

Of course the graphical presets wont be same. But if they use lower quality assets made for ps4 on pc, I will consider it "old gen".

FIFA 21 is transitional so don't expect visual impact. Remember that the pandemic has disrupted the plans of many companies, EA is no exception.

FIFA 21 is transitional so don't expect visual impact. Remember that the pandemic has disrupted the plans of many companies, EA is no exception.

Well, we will see about that. Their presentation includes "graphics" so I'm expecting some improvements in lighting and cloth physics.

They always start working on next gen consoles from at least a year. There might be changes but lets see what happens. The presentation should be streamed after few hours afaik, so we will know within the next day.

Well, we will see about that. Their presentation includes "graphics" so I'm expecting some improvements in lighting and cloth physics.

They always start working on next gen consoles from at least a year. There might be changes but lets see what happens. The presentation should be streamed after few hours afaik, so we will know within the next day.

In the report, EA mentioned that it had been developing for the new generation for 2 years.

Back
Top Bottom