FIFA 21 Discussion (Console Versions)

What the hell did I watch? Did they even show Fifa? Maybe I didn't concentrate or something but I didn't see any Fifa footage. They said EA sports and then all of a suddent I hear them saying Dice and other games. Wtf?

Disappointing to say the least. If that's the look we're going to see for next 7 years then EA need to move to Unreal Engine 5.

Good spot.

Actually, there's a fair bit of info on that starter page now!

https://nextlevel.ea.com/en-us

...but the highlights are "feel tackles through the new haptic controllers" and "lighting is fancier".

They say FIFA gameplay will be "more responsive" thanks to the animation system. Which is ALL the FUT guys talk about.

Gulp.
The game will be copy and paste tbh
they probably have a new game mode that they will anounce later like beach football or something like that and will use it as an excuse not to improve the gameplay or career mode.

i dont get this Fifa 21 on pc same as ps4 and xbox one,they can delay launching date and release on same date as ps5,this is a bit dissapointing for pc players

It is disappointing, but your average PC is not as powerful as next gen.
I don't know what the % would be, but a very small % will have a PC with an equivalent of an i5 and 2070 or above.

But then TBH I am not bothered either way, as although I am purchasing a PS5, I certainly will not be purchasing FIFA 21..

Disappointed in the lack of clear gameplay, but not surprised it was more theatrical. The website gives some context, which is nice, but it's hard to determine anything. Enjoying the ride regardless - looking forward to the days towards October.

For me it's clear that FIFA 21 will be just as much of a Season Update as PES 2021 will be, no matter how much makeup they want to put on it.
I think EA's clearly already focusing on FIFA 22.

I don't know what the % would be, but a very small % will have a PC with an equivalent of an i5 and 2070 or above.

But then TBH I am not bothered either way, as although I am purchasing a PS5, I certainly will not be purchasing FIFA 21..
You know, there is a thing called Options where you can tweak the Graphics so it runs smooth. Every Potato PC can Run Fifa 20. Check the Benchmarks.
A 3200G with The Vega 8 Igpu (A 80€ CPU + Graphic Card basically) runs the Game on 60 FPS ingame and on 30 FPS in Replay etc. Sequences. The Same Framerate as PS4 Pro and Xbox One X. I dont think Fifa 21 requiere that much GPU and CPU Power to run smoothly.

OH and let us not forget the lack of actual gameplay videos for FIFA 20 right until Demo date.
There were only a few VERY POOR off-screen footage captured.

Then those users should upgrade their pc just like how console players buy new consoles. We got enough fifa games that run on current potato pc hardwares [15-20].

That's how it really should be. Otherwise by this logic all other games should look inferior on pc too. But the reality is that those who aren't willing to upgrade their pc at least once per console generation, they probably just pirate the games as well.

With that being said, in game graphical option does exist for a reason.

Is this in game FIFA 21, or? The goal nets are not Fifaish…

Just checked on Google. It is not in game. I was a litte hyped for the attention of detail (in this case the goal nets), but yeah what was I thinking anyway...
It is in FIFA, look at the people in the crowd. They're definitely not real people - and supposedly the in-engine footage isn't just CGI.

The screenshot of Anfield does look good, though.

https://nextlevel.ea.com/images/4k/fifa4.jpg
Yeah but if the best graphics are of the outside of the stadium... That doesn't bode well. You don't play the matches in the car park.

The fact that all of the bullet-points are so God-awful, i.e. "the pad vibrates for tackles and stuff now!!"... It just screams "we've ran out of ideas" to me.

It is in FIFA, look at the people in the crowd. They're definitely not real people - and supposedly the in-engine footage isn't just CGI.

Yeah but if the best graphics are of the outside of the stadium... That doesn't bode well. You don't play the matches in the car park.

The fact that all of the bullet-points are so God-awful, i.e. "the pad vibrates for tackles and stuff now!!"... It just screams "we've ran out of ideas" to me.
They should just make 1 game per 4 years. FUT already earns them billions, so why bother milking every year. They should put more efforts which unfortunately they probably aren't willing to.

RIP

It looks like a Resident Evil screenshot or some zombie game.
The stadium looks good though.

yeah they can copy and paste high res pictures on models very well :D the crowd looks like models from ps2 Sims or the crowd from PES2020....graphics i guess, yes let me critique it if EA is so over the heels with it

Annoying trailer, nothing new is shown
Also: the screen of the Real Madrid player shooting the volley was EXACTLY THE SAME animation as Griezmann shooting in FIFA 18 trailer

EA Dual Entitlement:
Dual Entitlement
What does ‘Dual Entitlement’ mean?

Once you have your PlayStation5 or Xbox Series X, Dual Entitlement enables you to upgrade your copy of FIFA 21 on PlayStation 4 to PlayStation 5, or from Xbox One to Xbox Series X, at no extra cost*. You can find out more here.

When do I need to redeem by?
The Dual Entitlement offer will let you upgrade your copy of the game at no extra cost up until the release of FIFA 22.

Will my progress on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One carry over to PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X?
All progress you make or content you acquire within FIFA 21 Ultimate Team (including players, items, coins, FIFA Points, match record, and leaderboard placement), as well as all progression in VOLTA FOOTBALL will transfer from PlayStation 4 to PlayStation 5 and back, or Xbox One to Xbox Series X and back.
Progress within all other modes including Online Seasons, Co-Op Seasons, Career Mode, Pro Clubs, etc. will be specific to the console you are playing on and won’t transfer between consoles.

Do I need my PlayStation 4 or Xbox One FIFA 21 disc to play on PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X?
FIFA 21 on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X will be a digital version of the game which you’ll be able to download once the game launches later this year. If you buy a physical copy of FIFA 21, you’ll need the disc to be inserted into your PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X to be able to launch FIFA 21 on those consoles. If you intend to buy a discless console, you will need to purchase FIFA 21 digitally to take advantage of the Dual Entitlement offer as physical discs cannot currently be used to upgrade to discless consoles.
https://www.ea.com/games/fifa/fifa-...l&cid=63596&ts=1592524373744&isLocalized=true

Back
Top Bottom