FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

Been off football games for a few months,only return the other day.
Tried Pes 21,but that game got old real fast,also had a game on FIFA 16 (console) but really not my taste anymore.
Think this game (of modern ones) sits best with me.
It's the 1v1 defending being what it is,but apart from that,I'm liking it.
Discovered that I have 4 season played,which is a long time for me on modern games (not counting FIFA 17/18 and Pes 17)
Hope I can enjoy this for a few seasons more.
My biggest problem is that you have to win almost every game to become champion.

@rockstrongo enjoying this made me take a deeper look so I spent 3-4 hours with it yesterday.

It’s much better than I remember and that’s probably because I’m using an EFL team this time (Reading) and it’s been updated since I last played - it’s more difficult in Legendary (forget Ultimate it’s so bad in 20, all CPU sides are 99 rated).

It’s definitely got issues sure but it’s a far more enjoyable experience than FIFA 21. CPU is scoring some varied goals against me and it’s challenging enough to keep me interested.

I don’t need a football game being super realistic. I’ve always found the OS sliders make the game easier and the AI passive. You will never get fifa or PES being realistic, they’ve never really been that way. PES 5 was immense but it wasn’t realistic. It was fun and addictive.

And that’s the key for me, fun. Having a great time with FIFA 20 with some sliders I found. And I hated it last time I tried it.

Think this is my football game until FIFA 22 IF it’s more like this and not FIFA 21 like some on Reddit are saying.

@rockstrongo enjoying this made me take a deeper look so I spent 3-4 hours with it yesterday.

It’s much better than I remember and that’s probably because I’m using an EFL team this time (Reading) and it’s been updated since I last played - it’s more difficult in Legendary (forget Ultimate it’s so bad in 20, all CPU sides are 99 rated).

It’s definitely got issues sure but it’s a far more enjoyable experience than FIFA 21. CPU is scoring some varied goals against me and it’s challenging enough to keep me interested.

I don’t need a football game being super realistic. I’ve always found the OS sliders make the game easier and the AI passive. You will never get fifa or PES being realistic, they’ve never really been that way. PES 5 was immense but it wasn’t realistic. It was fun and addictive.

And that’s the key for me, fun. Having a great time with FIFA 20 with some sliders I found. And I hated it last time I tried it.

Think this is my football game until FIFA 22 IF it’s more like this and not FIFA 21 like some on Reddit are saying.
I think staying away from the PL is a great idea ,though I play as Villa and having fun ,all my seasons outside the PL (Bundesliga) has had this game playing much better.
Very tempted to go The EFL as well.
Think I'd go Boro/Albion's if I did.
Great that your enjoying it buddy

I think staying away from the PL is a great idea ,though I play as Villa and having fun ,all my seasons outside the PL (Bundesliga) has had this game playing much better.
Very tempted to go The EFL as well.
Think I'd go Boro/Albion's if I did.
Great that your enjoying it buddy
Boro have their licensed stadium too :)

I'm often tempted back to 20.

19 has better game shape etc, but can feel a little empty and boring after a while.

Whatever my feelings about fifa 20 re defending and game structure, and other issues, I never feel its empty. It just has a Pes-like character to it, the players feel individual.

And the ball physics feel meaty and just fun.

I end up playing nothing but I liked 20 for a good fee weeks last year.
As much as I like 16, it often feels a bit weedy and twitchy and the ground pass physics feel simultaneously satisfying but also lacking in curve and spin.

Try the German teams too on 20. Mainz are great to play with.
Either leverkusen or Wolfsburg have a nicely elevated broadcast camera.

Lyon have a great camera too, high and pulled back and play a great game with Monaco. Lyom have just the right number of good players to stand out.

19 has better game shape etc, but can feel a little empty and boring after a while.

Whatever my feelings about fifa 20 re defending and game structure, and other issues, I never feel its empty. It just has a Pes-like character to it, the players feel individual.

As much as I like 16, it often feels a bit weedy and twitchy and the ground pass physics feel simultaneously satisfying but also lacking in curve and spin.

Lyon have a great camera too, high and pulled back and play a great game with Monaco. Lyom have just the right number of good players to stand out.
I played 2 seasons with Stuttgart ,then 3 with Leverkusen ,1 with Düsseldorf and 3 with Schalke.
I really think BL is great to play on 20

I’m actually ashamed of myself for not playing it more in single player. I spent a LOT of time with FIFA 20 in co-op seasons with friends around launch but as we all know, it’s fast and frantic online.

I’m having a blast now on my Reading save. Game speed set to slow actually feels slower in this.

Sure, it’s still FIFA on the Frostbite Engine but there’s enough going on in Career to keep me going plus the gameplay is actually pretty damn good. There are moments that get me out of my seat. Scoring is very satisfying too, so many different ways of scoring instead of just the straight line shots in recent PES games.

I’m content with this. I tried FIFA 21 again on lunch break today but Jesus Christ, that game is so damn awful but I can’t put my finger on exactly why I hate it. It feels…weird to play.

And FIFA 16 is lots of fun, very responsive and importantly - challenging. I just can’t get over how bad the player models are (on PS4), they look ridiculously bad and it’s an immersion breaker for me.

Last edited:
I am still having a very good time in my FIFA 20 CM save, but on Nintendo Switch, which is clearly not a Frostbite FIFA, and technically feels inferior to FIFA 20 for PS4. But in my PS4 CM i have not got past December of 2019, while in Switch i have already played 5 season.

What i noticed, do not know if it is placebo, the game with same settings was more difficult in England, both Premier League and English League 2 then i felt it in Bundesliga 2 with HSV and Belgium, Holland, Scotland, Portugal, from where i passed by.

Unfortunatelly, Nintendo Switch capturing and sharing system in so, so , so rigid, that makes it impossible to share some content like screenshots and videos. I must plug and uplug the SD card all the time, back and forth to PC and it lets you record only the last 30 seconds, which is dumb by itself.

I am still having a very good time in my FIFA 20 CM save, but on Nintendo Switch, which is clearly not a Frostbite FIFA, and technically feels inferior to FIFA 20 for PS4. But in my PS4 CM i have not got past December of 2019, while in Switch i have already played 5 season.

What i noticed, do not know if it is placebo, the game with same settings was more difficult in England, both Premier League and English League 2 then i felt it in Bundesliga 2 with HSV and Belgium, Holland, Scotland, Portugal, from where i passed by.

Unfortunatelly, Nintendo Switch capturing and sharing system in so, so , so rigid, that makes it impossible to share some content like screenshots and videos. I must plug and uplug the SD card all the time, back and forth to PC and it lets you record only the last 30 seconds, which is dumb by itself.
I can only vouch for PL Vs BL but it's tougher in the PL ,might have to do with me having tougher sliders in the PL ,but it's very tough Vs the top teams ,I've lost every (almost ) games Vs Liverpool/city/spurs.
Managed a draw away to city ,buts it's 0-3/1-5 against them

Would love a through review of it by you mate! Maybe in another thread if we are OT here. I think we already talked about Fifa on Switch in the past, but more on the surface of it iirc.

Would love a through review of it by you mate! Maybe in another thread if we are OT here. I think we already talked about Fifa on Switch in the past, but more on the surface of it iirc.
I plan to do one mate, once i figure out some details though. Like to play more the PS4 version, so i can make a clear comparison. Now i can say only little details staff, like the shoots for example, in Switch are not as varied as the famous variation of PS4/Xbox1 FIFAs shooting trajectories. Or to figure out which game it is legacy edition of gameplay wise. Cause FIFA 2019 for switch, is clearly a FIFA16ps4 legacy edition,for FIFA2020 switch i am not sure, it looks something between 2017-2018 but with 2016 tweaks.

It is not like in PES 2008~2014 ps2 editions , where we can safely say that they are a legacy version of PES6 with minor adjustments.

Also i do not know how to express this feeling, not only in English but neither in Greek!, that the game while is technically inferior to PS4 version and more limited due to Switch, you could say it is an advanced mobile game, but it results to seem more solid and fun. I really can't find words to describe it, like if i could say David Beckham Soccer, which was more modern in technology than Super SIdekicks Soccer , but was a disaster while Super Sidekicks was fun apart from being "older".

I do not know , i try to find the words. IE in FIFA 20 Switch,due to limited shoting variation, especially when i play with joycons, portable version, i set the shooting assistance to assisted, due to the small L-stick. I results to most shoots from distance go low or dipping shots. This in PS4 would be gamebreaking for me, but in the context of Switch i can ingore it. Or when i dock the Switch and play on TV with my pro-controller and set the shooting to semi-assisted, i see some more varied shoots. Not as varied as in PS4, but more than assisted shoots settings.

Confusing staff like that!!! :P

In the same context, if PES2021 or eFootball come to Switch with the pesmobile gameplay, i could live with it as a secondary footy game, that i play hybrid portable/docked, or in my bed before i sleep.

I plan to do one mate, once i figure out some details though. Like to play more the PS4 version, so i can make a clear comparison. Now i can say only little details staff, like the shoots for example, in Switch are not as varied as the famous variation of PS4/Xbox1 FIFAs shooting trajectories. Or to figure out which game it is legacy edition of gameplay wise. Cause FIFA 2019 for switch, is clearly a FIFA16ps4 legacy edition,for FIFA2020 switch i am not sure, it looks something between 2017-2018 but with 2016 tweaks.

It is not like in PES 2008~2014 ps2 editions , where we can safely say that they are a legacy version of PES6 with minor adjustments.

Also i do not know how to express this feeling, not only in English but neither in Greek!, that the game while is technically inferior to PS4 version and more limited due to Switch, you could say it is an advanced mobile game, but it results to seem more solid and fun. I really can't find words to describe it, like if i could say David Beckham Soccer, which was more modern in technology than Super SIdekicks Soccer , but was a disaster while Super Sidekicks was fun apart from being "older".

I do not know , i try to find the words. IE in FIFA 20 Switch,due to limited shoting variation, especially when i play with joycons, portable version, i set the shooting assistance to assisted, due to the small L-stick. I results to most shoots from distance go low or dipping shots. This in PS4 would be gamebreaking for me, but in the context of Switch i can ingore it. Or when i dock the Switch and play on TV with my pro-controller and set the shooting to semi-assisted, i see some more varied shoots. Not as varied as in PS4, but more than assisted shoots settings.

Confusing staff like that!!! :P

In the same context, if PES2021 or eFootball come to Switch with the pesmobile gameplay, i could live with it as a secondary footy game, that i play hybrid portable/docked, or in my bed before i sleep.
Seems like really interesting stuff. I also get the "feel" thing you are talking about, or at least I think I do.

Well, looking forward to read more about it, even not as a comparison with PS4 :)!

This is a much, MUCH better game than FIFA 21. Slow actually slows the game down for a start.

Legendary difficulty with a few tweaks to the sliders is the sweet spot for me. Challenging but not frustrating. Scores ending 2-1, 1-0, 0-0 and the occasional 4-0 (I’m Reading and lost to Newcastle 4-1 in the Carabao Cup just now).

FIFA 21 looks amazing on PS5 but that’s where the praise begins and ends for me. The players all feel weird to me, and it’s ridiculously fast.

FIFA 20 is one that I didn’t spend enough time with and I’m glad I’ve given it another chance.

Can't believe I'm on my 10th season of a game I hated with every inch of my body when released.
Bought it Jan/feb 2020ish
Sliders can make this pretty good.

You know, last year it hit very, very hard where I live and talking in a kinda light-hearted way about it helps dispel the fear a little.
Hopefully no one got offended by that reply, it was meant to be harmless.

You know, last year it hit very, very hard where I live and talking in a kinda light-hearted way about it helps dispel the fear a little.
Yeah your area was pretty much ground zero for it (or the Bergamo area?).
Remember seeing those truck's transporting dead people night time

No offence taken here mates it’s all good :)

@rockstrongo (and anyone else still playing this -

What are your injury sliders? Mine are Frequency 80 and Severity 50 for both User and CPU. But I’ve had just one injury, back in pre season (I’m now in November, first season).

Thinking of going up to 90 frequency and 40 severity as per Operation Sports forum sliders for FIFA 20.

@rockstrongo (and anyone else still playing this -

What are your injury sliders? Mine are Frequency 80 and Severity 50 for both User and CPU. But I’ve had just one injury, back in pre season (I’m now in November, first season).

Thinking of going up to 90 frequency and 40 severity as per Operation Sports forum sliders for FIFA 20.
Yes sir I'm on the OS setting for it.
Last season I had 4 injuries (over 3 weeks) not counting the ones under that.
3 w 2m 2m 4m.

I had a 4 month injury on Bjorn Engels this season ,and that was a training injury before the league started.

Turn it up and you'll get injuries buddy

Yes sir I'm on the OS setting for it.
Last season I had 4 injuries (over 3 weeks) not counting the ones under that.
3 w 2m 2m 4m.

I had a 4 month injury on Bjorn Engels this season ,and that was a training injury before the league started.

Turn it up and you'll get injuries buddy
Cheers mate, so you’re 90 frequency, 40 severity?

No problems!
I'm in third place with villa after 15 games ,3 points up to City in 2nd and 5 points up to Liverpool , through to the last 16 in the CL.
Finished 4th my first season.
But Liverpool are impossible to beat.
But great fun
You’re doing well! My Reading side are 6th, my away form is terrible but I’m unbeaten at home. The playoffs if I get there will be nervy! (I make a rule - no match restarts! Never understood people who do that with their careers?!)

Back
Top Bottom