FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

Well I think that it won’t be a problem. After all FIFA 20 has been the last game having PS4, Xbox One and PC version being the same (and the most advanced available).

While it’s true that also FIFA 21 and FIFA 22 for PC were equal to their PS4 and Xbox One counterparts, they weren’t the most advanced available anymore.

This being said, being on PC you can use a gameplay mod of course, but… Should you like to try how it played originally before patching it, have a look at the latest Operation Sports community sliders first:
https://forums.operationsports.com/...ders/958687-fifa-20-os-community-sliders.html

Thanks! Yeah I usually apply OS sliders (with some slight tweaks) to most FIFA games to start with, with the exception of 15 and 16, which I used a more personal slider set. Will be trying OS with 20 as well, with less pass speed.

I haven't played 21 or 22 yet, but 23 I've really enjoyed the Switch version so far, maybe because it has a more retro feeling (and better gameplay IMO) than the other versions.

But in anycase, I picked 20 up because it seems that with a good slider set, the 1v1 issue can be improved. Will report back after I've played a bit! :)

@rockstrongo I've been playing for a couple of hours with FIFA 20 tonight, following the discussion about the Bundesliga we had yesterday.
Is it me or the 1v1 is almost bearable in FIFA 20, at least when attacking?

I remember seeing defenders stop dead in their tracks many many times in FIFA 22 exactly when another defender would start challenging my forward like it was a relay race (haven't played FIFA 21 enough to judge it) but I don't see that much in FIFA 20. I think that it is implemented in a less "obtrusive" way than it is in FIFA 22.

While defending, well, also in FIFA 20 1v1 actually shows more and throws spanner after spanner after spanner in the works when you're trying to defend a tiny lead... It forces you to occasionally "jump" to another defender and to correct his position so the attackers of the AI team would not end up totally alone in the box, but...
Other than that it's not as annoying as I thought it would be, in FIFA 20.

I'd probably still pick a vanilla FIFA 19 over FIFA 20 (even fully patched as @Tibokan suggested) but I've had my share of fun also with 20 tonight.

I feel it's a little easier than 19 though.
I'm playing friendlies and I'm always trying to make teams with similar ratings face each other (for example, if I pick a two star rated team, also the AI would get a two star rated team): I get mixed results in FIFA 19 on Professional (and get regular beatings on World Class) but I consistently win in FIFA 20 on Profesisonal, getting those mixed results on World Class.
Took me a while to get used to the 1v1 on Fifa 20, but in the end got used to it and didnt really have an issue facing it.
To me, it added an extra difficulty, still liking older games better,but a decent game for sure

Back
Top Bottom