Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
Played this straight VS2020. Finally I prefer this over 2020. I had more fun when I played 2019, while when i played 2020 I wa waiting for the time to pass.

The most strange part until now is I have not unlonked a single PS trophy. I know trophies are mostly Journey/FuT oriented, but in any other FIFA from 16 to 20 FIFA i have 1~5 trophies. Only in 2019 I have zero. :(

Played this straight VS2020. Finally I prefer this over 2020. I had more fun when I played 2019, while when i played 2020 I wa waiting for the time to pass.

The most strange part until now is I have not unlonked a single PS trophy. I know trophies are mostly Journey/FuT oriented, but in any other FIFA from 16 to 20 FIFA i have 1~5 trophies. Only in 2019 I have zero. :(
I couldn't return to FIFA 19 after playing a lot of 20.
It feels way to fast and direct.
Might try it with other slider values

I couldn't return to FIFA 19 after playing a lot of 20.
It feels way to fast and direct.
Might try it with other slider values
Mate I am on default settings (normal) speed on both games.
It is true that with latest patches 2020 became a little bit slower, in PS4 at least but this one on one situation started to break my nerves, not only in defence, but also in transition and in attack.
Two examples about 2020:
I attack from the wing, my player is active I pass the ball, but it bounces in opponents body and goes 50-50. The moment the ball touches the opponent, it is like my player has a big switch, that switches off making him a retreating zombie. Then the ball goes away from opponents possession and my players switch goes to "neutral". Then if I wake hip up, he goes to challenge the ball. I mean in any other FIFA, in similar situations your player stays responsive all the time and you can take the rebound from the bounce.

And the most annoying, I tend to hit short passes in goal kicks. In this fifa 20, if I do not press L2 iirc (player call) my defender does not make auto steps behind, but stays waiting the pass from the GK, like a cone. Resulting the CPU stealing me easy balls and going tet-a-tet.

FIFA19 has in its favor may be the last actual AI in a EA footy game for who knows how long and this only makes it a better game in my opinion. Unfortumately this AI is quite robotic in its defending and its attacking approach. Quite often I have conceded goals where I felt I could do absolutely nothing to prevent it, with the CPU stringing 3 quick first time passes to put my players completely out of reach. In defense the CPU can puch you out of the ball or make perfect stading tackles and you rarely see any CPU fouls. In 20 you have more human errors, but the lack of teams AI makes it a very boring and bad looking experience. I can't myself gut 20 anymore but I feel there is still a possibility for me to try again 19.

@slamsoze
@papinho81

I've come to terms with FIFA 20,don't think it's a good game,but!
I feel it's loser and more random than 19,still draw free kicks (not enough) think I scored 4-5 this season.

Remember preferring it Vs 20 for a long time.
My main selling point,why I prefer it,is actually the shitty 1v1 defending,sounds strange,but here's why.

FIFA 17-18-19 played way to easy for my liking,yeah I can set it up to be tougher,but then it becomes very robotic and unnatural (even more) when set up on LEG/Ultimate,even though I feel ultimate is pretty damn good on 19 (except wing play).

But when I set up FIFA 20 with pretty slow pass speed for the CPU it plays ok,and my main selling point,1v1!
It create games that are very tough at times,I beat teams below me 9/10 times,but one slip up,and they score,so a game I dominate can be list with one or two mistakes.
That's why I prefer 20 Vs 19,I can lose games if I'm not careful and defend well.
Pretty much removed the insane tiki taka with slow pass speed.

Plus,I'm getting more and more lazy and want stadiums etc,me playing BL/La Liga and having almost all stadiums for those,that's also a selling point.
If it's a good game,nope,but good enough,and most importantly, challenging!

I've played some 19 as well lately, on and off (more like in the weeks before rediscovering Pes 13). J-League in particular.

The good is that it's less twitchy than 20.. it's all better tied togheter, pad in hand it feels more like football between animations, build up and teams cohesions.

The bad is that the CPU is indeed quite boring as you guys already said. Don't know if it's cause I'm in J-League but teams are incredibly passive.. the usual match is me sitting near their area most of the time, them finding some lame way to score (usually a corner) and me scoring a draw in the last ten minutes of bombing or something.. lol.

I think it's still a kinda of a nice game if you want to chill and appreciate the flow.

It's a shame 20 is so plagued by that online stuff cause I think the CPU is way more stimulating than this. I had a lot of great battles and nice moments, and draw some fouls and penalties as well, but then the defender minding his own business or the weird movement to break the immersion might always be around the corner.

A 19 with the best of 20 would definitely be a killer imho lol.

I've played some 19 as well lately, on and off (more like in the weeks before rediscovering Pes 13). J-League in particular.

The good is that it's less twitchy than 20.. it's all better tied togheter, pad in hand it feels more like football between animations, build up and teams cohesions.

The bad is that the CPU is indeed quite boring as you guys already said. Don't know if it's cause I'm in J-League but teams are incredibly passive.. the usual match is me sitting near their area most of the time, them finding some lame way to score (usually a corner) and me scoring a draw in the last ten minutes of bombing or something.. lol.

I think it's still a kinda of a nice game if you want to chill and appreciate the flow.

It's a shame 20 is so plagued by that online stuff cause I think the CPU is way more stimulating than this. I had a lot of great battles and nice moments, and draw some fouls and penalties as well, but then the defender minding his own business or the weird movement to break the immersion might always be around the corner.

Totally agree on 19 acctually being better overall,though as you said,CPU is way to passive,I couldn't get the balance of a challenging ai without it being hyper sharp when I played 19 the most (had 3-4 seasons all in all)

It's not just chill, I was literally falling asleep playing 19.
It's down to the "new" (in 19) tactical system, if a team does not press they can let you keep the ball forever. But wow, the defending in 20 must be really bad if it made you guys appreciate 19! 😄

Oh that would be something like 21! Be careful what you wish for! In 19 all kinds of crazy shots went in, bicycle kicks, crazy finesse shots, 1st time volleys. It looks like all those are back in 21 + the awful defending from 20. It's why we're seeing 8-5 scorelines in gameplay videos so far. EA looked at 20 and came to the conclusion that all that was missing was bicycle/scorpion kicks.

Yeah, I responded to that tweet. What concerns me is that I've yet to see a single person define how the AI defending is OP. I've also yet to see a single video posted that shows the AI doing something it shouldn't.

The best I can decipher is that no one really has a firm grasp on how they want the AI defending to change, except that they want it to be less active with more responsibility placed on the user for defending. That sounds fine in theory but there's two big problems as I see it.

One is that the defensive mechanics - 1-on-1 marking, tackling, and player switching especially - are not where they need to be to nerf AI defending and retain a realistic balance to gameplay. Unfortunately the response I get when I suggest this is either "so what" or "increasing the skill gap is more important than retaining realism."

The other thing is I don't think most people understand what defending is in football - how most of it is positioning and reading the game - and that tackling is only a small part of that, and as such it's extremely difficult to program the defensive side of the game so that it's both realistic while also placing the focus on user skill. This for me is a perfect example of why team sport games - and maybe especially FIFA - is not well suited for 1v1 competitive play.

Unfortunately the Pros are leading the charge on this, and so many of the FUTers just take their word as gospel, but the Pros are primarily concerned with competitive play and skill gaps, not realism and authentic football.

How far sighted this post was.

@Madmac79 you posted a longer story on your experience with FIFA 19.
But I remember you liking it.

Here's the thing ,since I've found 16/17/18 quite passive from the CPU when it came to attacking ,you can obviously make the CPU sharper but then it's a ping pong fest ,and that's not very enjoyable either.

Gave 19 a chance again ,just switch to broadcast cam and kept my Ultimate 10 min sliders.
And this game surprised me a lot.
Not as good as 16 17 or even 18 ,but CPU can be very lethal without being just pinging the ball left and right ,with some lower pass speed to take away frenzy passing this game plays pretty damn good on Ultimate.

And ultimate being more human like than legendary (tried both legendary was awful) so I think I'll keep trying with this game for a while.

Picked Huddersfield ,worst team in the league by mile ,played my first game Vs Chelsea and got beaten 3-0 at home (they even missed a pen).
Next game City away ,bet I'll get hammered there as well ,which is ok ,I'm looking for a real challenge here.

@Madmac79 you posted a longer story on your experience with FIFA 19.
But I remember you liking it.

Here's the thing ,since I've found 16/17/18 quite passive from the CPU when it came to attacking ,you can obviously make the CPU sharper but then it's a ping pong fest ,and that's not very enjoyable either.

Gave 19 a chance again ,just switch to broadcast cam and kept my Ultimate 10 min sliders.
And this game surprised me a lot.
Not as good as 16 17 or even 18 ,but CPU can be very lethal without being just pinging the ball left and right ,with some lower pass speed to take away frenzy passing this game plays pretty damn good on Ultimate.

And ultimate being more human like than legendary (tried both legendary was awful) so I think I'll keep trying with this game for a while.

Picked Huddersfield ,worst team in the league by mile ,played my first game Vs Chelsea and got beaten 3-0 at home (they even missed a pen).
Next game City away ,bet I'll get hammered there as well ,which is ok ,I'm looking for a real challenge here.

Did FIFA 19 introduced 1v1?

I liked fifa 19 gameplay, even downloaded last week and played few matches. game looks awesome on ps5, very good variety across whole pitch but what just simply turns me off is that ball stops very fast while ground passes, can`t pass properly and that also made passing very inconsistent if you play full manual like me. other that that game is best fifa in the last few years.

I liked fifa 19 gameplay, even downloaded last week and played few matches. game looks awesome on ps5, very good variety across whole pitch but what just simply turns me off is that ball stops very fast while ground passes, can`t pass properly and that also made passing very inconsistent if you play full manual like me. other that that game is best fifa in the last few years.
Starting to like it more and more too.
And yes I've seen when manually passing through balls it's tough.
Since I'm on semi it doesn't bother my gameplay that much.
Feel there's a clear challenge too

Restarted my career mode with Huddersfield ,needed to do some adjustments.
Got Chelsea (again) as my first game (home)
Down 4-0 after 45 min,finally lost 5-1 ,didn't feel that cheated either.

Good pace good passing tempo ,Chelsea at 88% passing.
Very clinical though ,think I need to up shoot error for the CPU some ,I have it at 60 ,bit they're very sharp.

One thing I remembered quite quickly is that body position for me when passing ,more so than my previous games on 16-17-18.
Bad position and wrong foot gave away the ball a few times.
I had a lot of fun.
Next up City (Jesus)...

I agree with you. Except I'm on ps4 pro.
The one (major) drawback for me too is that there is just too much surface friction on ground passes. It makes the game feel less dynamic. Fifa 20 is even worse for this. You can really feel this when you go back to fifa 16.

But I do like the weight of players in fifa 19 and you can build some great attacking patterns.

I play with Klebstars sliders. They are quite extreme but mirror a real game very well. He has pass error so high, it makes every game feel on a knife edge.

I agree with you. Except I'm on ps4 pro.
The one (major) drawback for me too is that there is just too much surface friction on ground passes. It makes the game feel less dynamic. Fifa 20 is even worse for this. You can really feel this when you go back to fifa 16.

But I do like the weight of players in fifa 19 and you can build some great attacking patterns.

I play with Klebstars sliders. They are quite extreme but mirror a real game very well. He has pass error so high, it makes every game feel on a knife edge.
yeah, last good fifa for me at least. forgot to mention that manual shooting with double tap technique feels very satisfying when you push buttons right, animation feels very good also, elevation of shots is like in real life. shame that ground passes are very inconsistent if playing full manual.

Use to play with his sliders when 19 came out ,liked them then ,but got a bit to weird after a while.
But I've actually based my set from his set ,just lowered pass error and First touch to around 70ish.
I'm really having fun playing 19

Use to play with his sliders when 19 came out ,liked them then ,but got a bit to weird after a while.
But I've actually based my set from his set ,just lowered pass error and First touch to around 70ish.

Are you using all the same values for all the other sliders? I will give this a go again with those sliders. I always thought crossing was a bit OP in this game.

Are you using all the same values for all the other sliders? I will give this a go again with those sliders. I always thought crossing was a bit OP in this game.
No I don't think so ,I've gone from his set and adjusted to my liking ,70 passing /65 shooting /FT error at 75 and around 30 pass speed for the CPU ,and I'm on ultimate difficulty.
I think the best way is to go from his set and adjust when you have a very sharp and weak team back to back ( or set up a test CM and try it out ,over and over til it's there)

To me getting CPU pass speed down quite a lot when being on ultimate gets a sharp AI both ways but still not ping pong frenzy passing.

It is a bit weird, I agree. Quite extreme at times, at others, he seems to nail how a football game plays out.

You just really have to be in the mood to play fifa for his sliders ro work. Nothing casual about them. Probably why I enjoyed them for a week or so, then went cold as I just lost my desire for gaming. Havent played it again in about 2 months, but did really enjoy fifa 19 when I was in the mood for ps4.

Glad you're enjoying it. I think it's a balanced game that can feel a bit pes 5 at time. Just a bit.

It is a bit weird, I agree. Quite extreme at times, at others, he seems to nail how a football game plays out.

You just really have to be in the mood to play fifa for his sliders ro work. Nothing casual about them. Probably why I enjoyed them for a week or so, then went cold as I just lost my desire for gaming. Havent played it again in about 2 months, but did really enjoy fifa 19 when I was in the mood for ps4.

Glad you're enjoying it. I think it's a balanced game that can feel a bit pes 5 at time. Just a bit.
Yeah I likeit ,and having FT error/pass error that high ,plus that this game is tough on you not being in a good body position when passing ,can lead to disasters.
I gave away one goal Vs Chelsea when I lost 5-1.
On the edge a lot.

It's kinda funny and weird ,changing to Tele broadcast and other cameras and this game plays like I remember it ,bad!
But back to broadcast and it's fun and very tough again.

I want to comeback playing FIFA 19 too, do you guys know a website where i could find a 2022 season patch ? i'm playing on PC and i remember 19 was great with some sliders adjusment

I know it's odd to revive a thread like this all of the sudden, but I'd like to hear from the people of the forum that are more into the FIFA series than I am: What's the consensus on FIFA19?

The reason I ask is because, well, I've never been into FIFA, but I got this game bundled in with my PS4 years ago and decided to give it a shot, it didn't go too well, in the end me and my dad despised everything about the gameplay and panic bought a cheap copy of PES2018 out of desperation, a game we initially didn't like much, but appreciated much more after being stuck with only FIFA19.

Recently we've decided to play some matches on eFootball, and we all know the problems that game has at the moment, so my dad thought that it'd be interesting to give FIFA19 another shot, because maybe we'd like it more now that we've played something very broken. We hated it just as much as before, and agreed that we'd rather play eFootball, I'm not even joking.

I know it might just sound like I'm a PES fanboy or something, but trust me, there's no game I wanted to like as much as FIFA, it's superior to PES in pretty much every department, the UI, the turfs, the graphics in general, the various options to change every little thing, the content, the modes, so much stuff!

Still, the gameplay is something I can never get into, it's so fast even on the slow setting, the ball travels so fast, the CPU plays ping pong even on professional difficulty, counter attacking is simple while playing possession is a miserable experience, the players feel light and heavy at the same time in a way I can't quite describe, and defending is something I can never get into, I'm not against the idea of a more manual defending system, but in FIFA19 it feels like luck, I can't get near the CPU and they get past me with ease, and ping pong pass before I even have a chance to tackle or cover the passing lanes.

So I'd like the know, is there something wrong with me? How is this game perceived by people on the forum that are into the series and have played other FIFA titles before and after? How does it compare to FIFA22?

I know it's odd to revive a thread like this all of the sudden, but I'd like to hear from the people of the forum that are more into the FIFA series than I am: What's the consensus on FIFA19?

The reason I ask is because, well, I've never been into FIFA, but I got this game bundled in with my PS4 years ago and decided to give it a shot, it didn't go too well, in the end me and my dad despised everything about the gameplay and panic bought a cheap copy of PES2018 out of desperation, a game we initially didn't like much, but appreciated much more after being stuck with only FIFA19.

Recently we've decided to play some matches on eFootball, and we all know the problems that game has at the moment, so my dad thought that it'd be interesting to give FIFA19 another shot, because maybe we'd like it more now that we've played something very broken. We hated it just as much as before, and agreed that we'd rather play eFootball, I'm not even joking.

I know it might just sound like I'm a PES fanboy or something, but trust me, there's no game I wanted to like as much as FIFA, it's superior to PES in pretty much every department, the UI, the turfs, the graphics in general, the various options to change every little thing, the content, the modes, so much stuff!

Still, the gameplay is something I can never get into, it's so fast even on the slow setting, the ball travels so fast, the CPU plays ping pong even on professional difficulty, counter attacking is simple while playing possession is a miserable experience, the players feel light and heavy at the same time in a way I can't quite describe, and defending is something I can never get into, I'm not against the idea of a more manual defending system, but in FIFA19 it feels like luck, I can't get near the CPU and they get past me with ease, and ping pong pass before I even have a chance to tackle or cover the passing lanes.

So I'd like the know, is there something wrong with me? How is this game perceived by people on the forum that are into the series and have played other FIFA titles before and after? How does it compare to FIFA22?
I am not so experienced as others here, but what i can tell you, FIFA 17 is the best for me in FROSTBITE era. I leave it outside so. Among FIFA 18-19-20, FIFA 19 feets the best to me, it gives me some good physicallity vibes (for FIFA standards), the ball size is "fixed", the physical battles are okish, the shot trajectories are good.

Yes it is too fast, i also set the speed to slow , for the first time, i play on World Class btw, can't go on highest difficulty. And there are some pieces of 1vs1 elements, not so prominent as in FIFA 20, but i for example, concede a lot goal by headers from early crosses, cause in the time that the AI crosses, none of my defenders does a move towards the cross-reciever and the ball travels to fast, that is is impossible for me to move the defender manually.

Also i am missing so much in skills and the players feel so lightwieght, in comparison to PES that i am familiar, that i cannot calibrate the movemnet of the defender i am controlling, in order to press the opponenet properly. I am playing Legacy defending btw.

Also some settings that were changed from FIFA 17/18 do not help me, like the attacking mentality for example, i preffered the old system, although i know if i spend time editing team sheets i can make it work like it used to.

All in all it is still a good FIFA game, at leasht IMHO and in my humble inxperienced FIFA-eyes. At least for me it is better than 18 and 20.

Also started an 2020 btw on PS4 again, this time i picked Arsenal, to learn to play with a good team at least and i set all assistance options to assisted. On this it is even more difficult for me to defend.

Here are some moments: (Just to notice: In a semester of Career mode, from August 2018 to December 2018 , i have already won 2 penaltys!!!!, while in PES that it is more "physical" i win 1 penalty kick per season!)

DONT EXPECT to see any quality, i still suck hard in FIFA!!! :)

And a match i lost, but i enjoyed!!! :)

Yes it is too fast, i also set the speed to slow , for the first time, i play on World Class btw, can't go on highest difficulty. And there are some pieces of 1vs1 elements, not so prominent as in FIFA 20, but i for example, concede a lot goal by headers from early crosses, cause in the time that the AI crosses, none of my defenders does a move towards the cross-reciever and the ball travels to fast, that is is impossible for me to move the defender manually.
I guess setting it to slow is the best option, though for some reason I feel it's kind of odd at times, like players switch between being light and walking on mud, I'm not sure how to describe it, but it's still better than normal speed, that is just too fast, I also concede mostly due to how fast the ball travels, though my problem is on the ground, the ping pong passing, even if I predict where the pass will go to I can't intercept it in time usually, which is a shame because intercepting a pass you predicted is always satisfying.

Also i am missing so much in skills and the players feel so lightwieght, in comparison to PES that i am familiar, that i cannot calibrate the movemnet of the defender i am controlling, in order to press the opponenet properly. I am playing Legacy defending btw.
I think this is what I dislike the most, a lot of times on defending the players can feel very light, especially the CPU ones, they turn so quick and it's so easy to just run past them while trying to tackle, which can happen in real life, but not as easily as this, I'm using tactical defending by the way, since I like the idea of making it more manual, but the lack of player weight and solidity, and the speed of the CPU, make it a very miserable experience, I might switch to legacy, it seems like a good idea.

DONT EXPECT to see any quality, i still suck hard in FIFA!!!
Don't worry, lad, the gameplay's looking good and it reminds me of why I want to like FIFA, because it does have a lot to offer and it can play some nice football, I'll try slow speed with legacy defending to see how it goes, insisting on tactical when I'm failing so miserably and disliking the feel of it so much is probably not the best idea, I've got to change something, also no more normal speed, I don't even know why I thought that'd be a good idea, it feels like Captain Tsubasa, just without everything that made it special really.

This is getting removed from game pass/EA play soon.
Not sure what EA is up to?
They removed 15/16/17/18 earlier this year ,are they getting rid of all their back log?
Or just trying to push their newer games down our throats?

This is getting removed from game pass/EA play soon.
Not sure what EA is up to?
They removed 15/16/17/18 earlier this year ,are they getting rid of all their back log?
Or just trying to push their newer games down our throats?
Pretty sure it's the latter.

Once they remove the game from the store, you can no longer use Share Play on PlayStation to play it with friends - it's banned from the service (which really pissed me off - I wanted to play FIFA 16 offline tournaments inc. sliders with @Emroth a while ago).

Then, they take the servers down, which affects all platforms (though they keep them online much longer than Konami do with PES), so you can't even play simple friendlies, let alone all the other online modes.

Only way to play - get the latest game(s).

Pretty sure it's the latter.

Once they remove the game from the store, you can no longer use Share Play on PlayStation to play it with friends - it's banned from the service (which really pissed me off - I wanted to play FIFA 16 offline tournaments inc. sliders with @Emroth a while ago).

Then, they take the servers down, which affects all platforms (though they keep them online much longer than Konami do with PES), so you can't even play simple friendlies, let alone all the other online modes.

Only way to play - get the latest game(s).
Pretty much my initial thought as well.
To bad ,I wonder how much EA loses on having older games up ,can't be more than your average coffe + biscuit at your local coffe shop?
I mean it's pretty much just us wanting to play them.
Bad move.

Back
Top Bottom