FIFA 19 - Nintendo Switch Thread

Fifa 18 was great on the switch so glad they are doing another one.
Reason for no frostbite? Switch cant handle it but seeing as I thought the Switch version was better than the XBOX1 version im not bothered re Frostbite.

Woow, played 3 games fifa 19 on switch (gameplay of 20, 21 is the same ) . Woow fun! First game i loose with arsenal against tikkie takka Man City. Second match i loose, after Chelsea gets a penalty in a 0-0 game. Last match I was way stronger then West Ham United and win 2-0.
It is an older engine, which plays consistent overall. No stranges things likes nerved headers, cdm not tracking back etc. It has an older fifa engine but with the new controller settings: Flair pass, hard pass, asking a player to come or run deep. And all this controls plays, consistent!
Consistent is the word here! All the new fifa’s have some strangs things happening in offline gameplay. Even the great fifa 16 you must play vanille and with sliders for an good experience.Also a lot newer PES games has that inconsistent problem (catch up bug, to much scripting etc.)

Here it is just fun! Simple graphics, simple animations. But you can trust them! And an proper cpu ai! It’s like fifa 14 and pes 17 which has an good gameplay experience out off the box. Perfect? No, but consistent. So you can grow in the game and enjoy them.
Highly recommended if you just want fun back in football games.

Some clips of my FIFA 20 Legacy Edition.

First i start with the "negative" part.
A wierd action, basically a stupid AI moment. From time to time the AI can behave too stupid in this game, i assume it is part of the Switch "limitations"
It is both wierd header physics+stupid AI. Happes not so often, so not a "gamebreaker", but when it happens it's strange...

Then a goal from a nice combination

Then my first in modern FIFA history, goal in a FIFA game by a Free Kick

An average video

A nice action video, although goal was canceled as Off-side, but very nice animations, especially the acrobatic finishing.

Last edited:
And part 2.

A nice finesse shot by Lincoln.

One of my favourires, back to back after goal and CPU kick-off, nice cut inside, fake shot and finesse goal :) Against AJAX, of course some strange behaviour by the AI controlled player of Ajax , after their kick-off, but it is what it is.... :P

And finally the celebration video, of my first ICC pre-season tournament win! :) :D :RSCARF::BSCARF::GSCARF:

@slamsoze cool stuff man! Already saw some on Twitter, watched them all now. Loved the free kick and the finesse shot by Lincoln especially. It all really shows it's very interesting how they used/mashed Ignite Fifa for this conversion. Just a question that popped up now on my mind: is there some good weather option? Like rain, snow, different day hours/shadows.. ?

@slamsoze cool stuff man! Already saw some on Twitter, watched them all now. Loved the free kick and the finesse shot by Lincoln especially. It all really shows it's very interesting how they used/mashed Ignite Fifa for this conversion. Just a question that popped up now on my mind: is there some good weather option? Like rain, snow, different day hours/shadows.. ?
To be honest i couldn't recall, maybe in CM mode it is bugged and all matches are on fine weather, i must re-check it again. But i went in Friendly match, settings and had a look, and it is as in the "others FIFAs"???, i assume. \

It has option for fine, rain, snow weather and maybe some other variations, Season option, all 4 seasons, winter, spring, summer, autumn. And as for hour , again did not check the maximum and minimum values, but you can set the match time manually, IE: 1:00 PM 1:30PM, 2:00PM, etc,etc... and after 6:00 PM it becomes night, maybe this is drained by consoles internal Clock & Calendar, the point when from day becomes night. Also i think some hours before night, it is like dusk.

@slamsoze How do you find the gameplay overall on switch FIFA?
In comparison to FIFA 16-17-18-19-20 which i own on PS4, i find it an oversimplified version obviously, a mix of 16 and 17 with Ignite (possibly), but it seems it takes best staff from latter versions, like the official CL+EL from 2019, the Romania league from 2020, the ball size is clearly from 2019, cause it is much bigger than 2017-2018 and even bigger than 2016.

The body models are taken from either 2018 or 2019, they are smaller than 2016 in size, but more flexible than 2017.

The ball physics seem good, the body physicality looks ok, for FIFA standards, of course there can be again that back pedal animation, or Scooby-Doo sprint as @rockstrongo has accurately named it, but since it is an inferior build, it is not happening so often, i assume cause the game has less variables to calculate.

The general feeling is that , the game being a Switch (inferior) port, promises 10 things and does successfully 7. In contrast the 2020 version for PS4 looks like (TO ME always) it promises 100 things and it does hardly 50.

Of course there are technical issues, like the AI that seems like it gets a blackout sometimes, or does things that does not make sense, like kicking the ball in the woodwork from pointblank position in empty Goalpost, or the opponent CB trying to dribble while you are pressuring him with 2 fast players, and other things that happen, not always but happen. I believe those things are happening when the console is frameskipping.

Yes it is realy, the Switch skips frames some times, even in AA+ titles, it does the same in NBA 2K20 for switch, and i assume this affects the COM behaviour.

Of course CPU does not have the new pathogens. It can trackback, CPU controlled players do position themselfves properly and not like 1vs1 zombies.

Given all the above i play in World Class, i don;t know i the game is mess in higher difficulty. Also the shooting trajectories look more in rails, but i again play on assisted , passing shooting. I would prefer to play in SEMI-assisted, but in Switch handheld mode, i would need new Joycons (the Nintendo Switch gamepads) every month, given how fragile they are. I have also a Nintendo Pro controller, which is very good and ergonomic and durable, but i use it only in dock mode, so i try to play the game with universal settings and default settings.

Of course, if you come from Next-Gen Hypermotion, mumbo-jumbo, the first cut in frames, or the floodlights that look like combination of PS1+PS2 FIFA maybe allianate you, but as i said before it is clearly an inferior build. I assume , you must like more simplistic things, to love this.

My personal messure is, in PS4 i try to like the game, while here i play and like it , no thinking anything. Of course to be fair, we must include that, in Switch there are practically 2 football SIMS, practically only FIFA, so you cannot cherry pick.

It would be interesting to see a PES UE build in Switch, so i can make a comparison. For now it is one way -or another one way, no place for cherry picking.

Last edited:
A nice finesse goal by Anderson Silva (Oliveira)

And one of my favourites, a GK miss-catch in minute 00:22

And a "heroic" goal, playing as Motherwell :) . Altough i would call it an offensive foul, if i were the referee. :)

Back
Top Bottom