FiFA 16 PC port is extinct

Sami 1999

Noob
28 June 2015
This is actually sad. This game was one of the best FiFA game I've played. The gameplay was great, graphics looked fine, it was also the last game where you could actually mod properly and add new head models and stuff, the pc port was also completely on par with the console port.

But now EA removed it from their Origin store. Unlike older PC FiFA games, you can't even buy it from anywhere anymore.

So say if my Origin account gets stolen/banned/I loose my password and email and loose access to it, etc etc, its over. I won't ever be able to play this game.
It's good though that I was always paranoid about subscription style system and instead just bought the game back in 2015 so I can still play the game.

But if it was licensing problem, EA could at least remove the song files, heck even jersey and all other files and sell us the game and we could mod all those files back in. But alas, its gone. What will we do? The best game is gone. So many good memories with this game and the only Ps4 generation FiFA game I played the most.

Well, sad day indeed.
It was bound to happen sooner or later though. Deals expire, and the games using them aren't allowed to be sold anymore (at least on Origin). I died a little bit inside when they discontinued FIFA 14 for example.

I see you have the physical copy of the game (as I do, for both PC and Xbox One) so you're OK.
But for the ones not having it yet, if they were lucky enough to still grab a retail copy of it (it might be difficult, I had to travel for half an hour from home to find a store that would still sell F1 2013, more on that later) they could activate it anyway even if they don't have it in their library yet.

The same happened to me with F1 2013 (which Steam pulled from the store way earlier than expected)... Trying to collect all F1 games, I had to go find a retail copy (which I found at a GameStop half an hour from home, so I had to travel for an hour RTT) and then activate the code on Steam to get the game, and it activated without issues.
I can't see why on Origin it should be different.

Last edited:
Yeah, and since these games had drm, there is no way to start the game if its not activated. And physical copies are finite. On top of that, resale is not an option on Origin games since the physical disc becomes worthless once you activate it on an account.

did you try cdkeys? two years ago I had same problem, found it here and activated via code in origin and get access to the game.
I own a copy of the game already.

CD keys will still work, but the issue here is that there are finite amounts of keys left.

That raises a concern of game preservation.

That's bad indeed. I think sooner or later they'll also create a now platform and shut down Origin. Doubt they'll port old Fifas when their desire is to converge users on the new fut deity, and it will only get stronger in the future. Only preservation possible for this gen will inevitably be by console or emulation (when we'll reach there). Losing all the fantastic existent mods, and even the possible future ones is sad, but it's modern gaming in a nutshell I guess.

Anyway, Pirated Fifa 14 works, although it's impossible to mod it (or at least I was never able to). Wondering if it's possible to launch it without Origin (too lazy to uninstall it just to see)

One of worst part is there's no pirated version of this game. Yes, to this day FIFA 16 still not fully cracked.

Yeah, the Euro 2012 DLC for FIFA 12 is gone as well. All the more reason to keep buying physical copies when they're available. Actually, I probably have FIFA 16 for PS3 somewhere. Might think twice about selling it, judging by the posts in this thread.

So say if my Origin account gets stolen/banned/I loose my password and email and loose access to it, etc etc, its over. I won't ever be able to play this game.
It's good though that I was always paranoid about subscription style system and instead just bought the game back in 2015 so I can still play the game.

I had my account stolen and they helped me to recover it after 30 minutes of verifications.
You won't get your account banned, unless you're using cheats or hacks to play online

PS: I agree it's a sh*t to not be able to buy new copies anymore

I had my account stolen and they helped me to recover it after 30 minutes of verifications.
You won't get your account banned, unless you're using cheats or hacks to play online

PS: I agree it's a sh*t to not be able to buy new copies anymore
Yeah hopefully that never happens. I'd hate it if I loose my account.

Yeah, the Euro 2012 DLC for FIFA 12 is gone as well. All the more reason to keep buying physical copies when they're available. Actually, I probably have FIFA 16 for PS3 somewhere. Might think twice about selling it, judging by the posts in this thread.
I do have a physical copy of the EURO 2012 DLC for FIFA 12 and it worked a treat when I bought it... But it won't install/activate anymore.
It's been so for three years at least, as far as I can remember. The DLC gets downloaded (I can see its files in the folders) but when I try to access it from within the game I always get told that I should buy it.

I do have a physical copy of the EURO 2012 DLC for FIFA 12 and it worked a treat when I bought it... But it won't install/activate anymore.
It's been so for three years at least, as far as I can remember. The DLC gets downloaded (I can see its files in the folders) but when I try to access it from within the game I always get told that I should buy it.
I always regretted not buying EURO 2012 DLC. I think EA removed it from the store in 2014 just two years after original release date, it was atrocious. Knowing that I would be forced to use cracked version somehow consoles me.

The licensed games are cursed. You can't buy any of the Olympic Games videogame any more. It's real shame that everything is getting delisted permanently, I don't care these are bad games. There will be no way playing World Cup 2018 DLC as well in couple of years from now. The same goes for PES. I never considered buying PES in 2011-2015 because I was FIFA player back then and now I have no way of purchasing other than from thrift stores. Wouldn't it be nice to have all of them on Steam?

Today I tried to download FIFA 11 from Origin, but the game just won't download. I remember having exact same error couple of years back - oh boy was I naive thinking they would solve it by now ; )

The whole policy of forcing us to play only the latest installment is really annoying. It's like they consider their previous games as competitiors. This mindset is not only untrue, because those games offer different game modes, gameplay etc., but also harmful, because by making the legacy games unavailable, they strip themselves from being obligated to iterate and improve current releases. Who will tell that FIFA 22 is worse than FIFA 12 in terms of gameplay when there is nothing to compare to?

The whole policy of forcing us to play only the latest installment is really annoying. It's like they consider their previous games as competitiors.
Unfortunately that's what happens almost everywhere.
Cars? Look at all those offers where you can buy a car now, keep it for three years paying more or less half of it in the process then decide whether to give it back (losing what you already paid), keep it (having to pay the remainder of the price) or swap it for a new one (so you could start paying it all over again). What do you think they'd want you to do? Of course to choose the newer and shinier one so you could start paying it all over again.
You keeping the old car would mean a loss sale for them.

And the same applies to phones for example. Many companies do things like "bring us your old phone X and get a €200 discount on the newest one, phone X+1!"
This is where we're heading unfortunately. Newer and shinier = good (for them) so newer and shinier must be good (for us) even if it's not.

I always regretted not buying EURO 2012 DLC. I think EA removed it from the store in 2014 just two years after original release date, it was atrocious. Knowing that I would be forced to use cracked version somehow consoles me.

The licensed games are cursed. You can't buy any of the Olympic Games videogame any more. It's real shame that everything is getting delisted permanently, I don't care these are bad games. There will be no way playing World Cup 2018 DLC as well in couple of years from now. The same goes for PES. I never considered buying PES in 2011-2015 because I was FIFA player back then and now I have no way of purchasing other than from thrift stores. Wouldn't it be nice to have all of them on Steam?

Today I tried to download FIFA 11 from Origin, but the game just won't download. I remember having exact same error couple of years back - oh boy was I naive thinking they would solve it by now ; )

The whole policy of forcing us to play only the latest installment is really annoying. It's like they consider their previous games as competitiors. This mindset is not only untrue, because those games offer different game modes, gameplay etc., but also harmful, because by making the legacy games unavailable, they strip themselves from being obligated to iterate and improve current releases. Who will tell that FIFA 22 is worse than FIFA 12 in terms of gameplay when there is nothing to compare to?

Not to mention they release trash ports, so why would we bother buying their new games while we can settle for the decent ports they made.

And unfortunately, Fifa 16's drm was never removed either. That means unlike some other fifa games, this particular Fifa game will be lost forever.

Yeah it's a shame, best case scenario is that the PS4 version is identical to PC and for those that want to play the best incarnation of FIFA 16 can still do so with the PS4 version for very cheap. But the principle is that there's no way of knowing whether a game will be obsolete until it is.

Thankfully Scott Pilgrim vs The World finally got re-licensed and re-released but that was an infamous game that was a cult hit because it was digital only and removed from PS & XBLive stores so if you didn't grab it when it was out it was lost to time. P.T. from Konami is another example, a piece of gaming history preserved only by the consoles it remains installed on.

Yeah I found this out when I was looking for it for a playthrough. Until 2018 World Cup, there was a dark period of tournament games/expansions being incomplete and half arsed on both PES & FIFA.

I know EURO 2012 was missing a lot of kits and faces but at least on the PC version there was a mod to correct all that, and even patches from 10 years ago are lost into the ether of redundant file hosts.

I guess it makes it easier to sell us features that were once in the game, then they were removed and years later they were reinstated as a brand new feature. Think of the EA Sports Talk Radio from UEFA Champions League 20042005, reintroduced years later to 2014 FIFA World Cup. I mean, there's an almost 10 year gap between the release dates of the two games, which is more than enough to make people forget. Not to mention the chasm there is between the two games in terms of the gameplay, which likely turns away younger players from the former game.

I know EURO 2012 was missing a lot of kits and faces but at least on the PC version there was a mod to correct all that, and even patches from 10 years ago are lost into the ether of redundant file hosts.
Tell me about it. 90% of our PES 6 adboards have basically been unexisted from the internet, even the damn previews.

Last edited:
Well, I just panicked and logged onto Origin after 50 years and checked. I had bought the game in digital, and thankfully I can still download it.
Before looking in here I was fearful that EA would can Origin completely, seeing as how they're now selling their games through Steam, but so far that doesn't seem to be the case (what with the infinite updates they keep churning out for The Sims 4). Right now I only wish they offered portability of their games to Steam.
The fact of the matter is that I spent most of my time with FIFA 16 making experiments with patches. I took one from FIFA-Infinity and added what I could until I got this. (highlighted for clickable)
But I'm afraid that, after all the afternoons I wasted having the game freeze or outright crash when I tried to enter Career Mode, all the work I did has been indeed for nothing.

Last edited:
So, if I understand correctly : it has no use to search for an Origin Fifa 16 key as I will not be able to download it anymore?
I never owned fifa 16 on pc, only on ps4.

So, if I understand correctly : it has no use to search for an Origin Fifa 16 key as I will not be able to download it anymore?
I never owned fifa 16 on pc, only on ps4.

Managing to find an Origin key might work, you might still be able to active the game.

But I personally can't confirm this. Because I haven't tried yet.

Keys are finite, so better scavenge for one now if you really intend on buying the game. Also there is possibility of getting scammed, so proceed with caution.

Some more PC keys are available on CDKeys lads. Good luck. It took me 4 purchases across multiple websites to finally get a working key.

They delete everything, the reason EA doesn´t deserve our attention anymore.
On steam have limits, and it's sad and bad.

Back
Top Bottom